Time to fight the flab!!!

It seems very early to try fasting, gemza. Probably best giving the diet 6 weeks or so to see how you settle into it before you think about changing it up. If you start fasting before you've given Atkins a proper chance on its own then you won't know if you lose any better fasting or not fasting, if that makes sense?

Personally I seem to gain weight when I don't eat enough. On the other hand some people find fasting helps. Others find it causes cravings and sends them off plan. I really do think it's worth giving Atkins 6 - 8 weeks doing it as recommended before tweaking it though. I must say Stubbsey is the only atkinser to have stuck with fasting though. A few others tried it and gave up for various reasons.

I know you're frustrated by your 2lbs but you know the likely causes, you don't need to fast it off.

gemza said:
Why??? I'm gonna try having just 500 cals x

Your body is probably just adjusting to Atkins and the weight will come off if you follow the induction rules. If you have just 500 cals, you may get so hungry that you're tempted to cheat and go off plan and like moonlights said, I find I lose less on Atkins when I limit my food. If you really feel the need to change it, I would lower the carbs and not the calories. Have plenty of fat and see what happens xx

Thanks, I will give it another 3 weeks and see how I go, I'm just frustrated with the gain when I've been so good not cheated once apart from a few jack daniels:( xx

gemza said:
Thanks, I will give it another 3 weeks and see how I go, I'm just frustrated with the gain when I've been so good not cheated once apart from a few jack daniels:( xx

I don't think jack Daniels would cause a gain - as long as you had diet coke with it! I am sure it's just your body adjusting. Drink lots of water too and soon you should see a loss. Have you measured yourself? You may have lost some cms.. I would recommend you do this just so you can measure your progress that way too. When fat cells first empty, they fill with water for some time and then release which is why you get a whoosh of weight loss.. Good luck xx

There you go, told you it would woosh back off. Only Shish kebabs, not the sliced ones in future I think ;)

Well done! Brill loss.

I'm so pleased moonlights:)

Today's menu

B: 2 poached eggs, smoked mackerel and toasted oopsie bread.

L: 2 chicken drumsticks grabbed on the go.

D homemade chicken Thai red curry with cauliflower rice!!! Gorgeous best meal I've had since being in the diet xx

Yeah course

*Red Thai curry*

Curry paste

3 large cloves of garlic
1 shallot
1 stalk of lemongrass
Thumb size price of ginger
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Coconut cream I used around 3 tbsp
Chicken or king prawns
1 red pepper

*Cauliflower rice*

Half a cauliflower cut very small like grains of rice
Tsp butter
Salt and pepper

1. Grate all your curry paste ingredients into a bowl
2. Add olive oil and rice wine vinegar blitz together in a blender into a paste
3. Fry off paste in a little olive oil to bring out the flavours add chopped up red pepper
4. Season chicken or prawns and add to paste and peppers
5. Fry on a low heat until chicken is cooked through then add coconut milk and simmer
6. In a clean wok or frying pan add some oil and put in cauliflower rice add butter and season,
Fry gently until soft, I like mine with still a little bite left in it!!!

And walla!!
A scrummy filling and very pleasurable dish :) xxx

Well done Hun!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks shrinki!

I cannot believe how strict I am being, I think I've finally found a way of losing weight without feeling like I'm missing out feel so in the zone and happy and in control of my eating! Xx

gemza said:
Thanks shrinki!

I cannot believe how strict I am being, I think I've finally found a way of losing weight without feeling like I'm missing out feel so in the zone and happy and in control of my eating! Xx

Yay!!! So happy for you xx

So happy things are working out for you :) Keep up the good work!

Back