Time to lose weight!

Tuesday
I found yesterday quite hard work - I think really becuase it has been so long since I have applied any discipline when it comes to food...that plus a stinking hangover!!! Definately feeling more focused today plus I'm in work which I think always helps.

On a plus side it is my 5th wedding anniversary today! We are not doing anything because my husband is working tonight and as we have just come back from holiday so this evening instead of going out I will be chilling out and having an early night!!! (Still not quite right after far too much wine on Saturday!!!)

Breakfast
Mushroom & Bacon Omlette with Skimmed milk from milk allowance

Lunch
Homemade tomato & bean soup
2 slices (from 400g loaf) wholemeal bread
Fresh fruit salad topped with very low fat natural fromage frais

Dinner
A fantastic meal at TGI Friday's with my husband to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary...a complete surprise and a total car-crash diet wise!!!

Snacks

Total Syns: More than I care to count!!! (I did skip dessert though!!!)

Last edited:
Ok, so yesterday was my 5th wedding anniversary, my husband usually works Monday evenings and we had no plans so I had bought some salmon and was having that with green beans and new potatoes...all very good!!!

But then again maybe not...I got home to find my husband still there...unbeknown to me, he had booked the evening off work, organized a baby-sitter and booked us a table a tgi fridays (my absolute fave!). So the salmon came straight off the menu (I'm having it for lunch today instead) and Breaded chicken with Jack Daniels Sauce followed by Chicken Fajita's went on! I was good (by my standards) and skipped dessert...I did not even go for the ice cream in the freezer when we got home so I'm giving myself a little pat on the back for that!!!

I have no idea how many syns yesterday would have come to and as it was a celebration and a surprise treat I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm just going to get straight back on with my plan for the remainder of the week and see if I can cram some extra excersise in to make up for it!!

Tuesday

Breakfast
2 Slices wholemeal toast (400g loaf)
With low fat spread - 1 Syn
2 plums

Lunch
Salmon Fillet
Green Beans
Baby new potatoes
Big fruit salad

Dinner
Chicken stir fry with egg noodles
Blackberries, blueberries & Low fat natural yogurt

Snacks

Total Syns for day: 1

Last edited:
Much better behaved yesterday so gave myself a little pat on the back at the end of the day!!!

I have good intentions again today although need to pop up the shop for some cooked chicked to go with my lunch as was so shattered last night and completely forgot to cook some.

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix with Skimmed milk
1 Banana

Lunch
Couscous, cucumber, tomato, red onion & cooked chicken breast
Stawberries, blue berries & melon, topped with fat free fromage frais

Dinner
Salmon fillet
Oriental vegetable rice
Fresh Mango & Melon

Snacks
1 Banana
Sugar free jelly 1/2 syn

Total Syns for Day: 1/2

Last edited:
Feeling really bloated and uncomfortable at the moment which is getting me down a bit - particularly as it has been since starting on my diet which is odd. Also made the mistake of having a sneaky peak on the scales today and have gained 0.3lbs which I'm not impressed with...not much of a gain I know but I was hoping for a bit of a loss.

I really think it is this bloatedness that's caused the gain and I'm sure if I can resolve this I will lose this week.

Breakfast
Weetabix crunchy bran
Skimmed milk
Plum

Lunch
Italian pasta salad
Strawberries, blueberries, low fat fromage frais

Dinner
Steak
Baked potato with low fat spread 0.5 syns
Banana, custard & chocolate pot 1.5 syns

Snacks
Banana
1 scoop soft scoop ice cream (this was bot planne but I got it out for my daughter and she did not want it...shame!) - 5 syns

Total syns for day: 7

Last edited:
Yay it's Friday at last...this week seems to have really dragged.

Feeling a bit better today especially after a good nights sleep and looking forward to a lovely relaxing weekend!!!

I have been doing extra easy all week - following a plan from a SW magazine but going to go for red & green days next week as I find I get on with them better so will be starting them from Sunday.

Breakfast
Weetabix crunchy bran w. Skimmed milk
Cherries

Lunch
Tuna pasta salad
Strawberries topped with low fat fromage frais

Dinner
Spicy beef & courgette kebabs 1.5syns
Potato Wedges

Snacks
Mullerlight Banana & custard

Total Syns for Day: 1.5

Last edited:
Arrgh Saturday dilemma...my daughter and niece go to dancing class together on a Saturday and afterwards my sister and I take it in turns to take them for Mc Donalds for a treat afterwards...this week it is my turn, I am determined to be good!!!

Also, going to a kids birthday party this afternoon which worries me because I'm an absolute sucker for a piece of birthday cake!!! I have been pretty good with syns all week though so as long as I behave with the party food I think I cna allow myself a small piece!!!

Breakfast
Bacon Sandwich m/w Wholemeal bread
Apple

Lunch
Grilled chicken salad with low fat dressing - 2 syns

Dinner
Poached eggs on toast
Some Green & Blacks chocolate 4 syns

Snacks
A few party nibbles and a small piece of birthday cake - nit sure of syns so going for 10

Total Syns for day: 16

Last edited:
Yay 3lbs lost this week!! After feeling rubbish and bloated all week I am over the moon about this...still a very long way to go I know but at least is is moving in the right direction!

Going for alternating red/green days this week instead of EE so will see how that goes.....

Breakfast
Weetabix crunchy bran (HEXB)
Skimmed Milk (HEXA)
Banana

Lunch
Sandwich with Quorn turkey, cucmber & red onion with a smidge of low fat spread - (HEXB) & 0.5syns

Dinner
Lentil and spinach dahl with boiled rice
Toffee mullerlight

Snacks
1tbsp Chocolate spread 4 syns
2 starburst 2 syns

Syns for day: 6.5

Today was hard work as all I wanted to do was eat sugary/naughty foods...really pleased with myself for behaving!!!!

Last edited:
Absolutely manic day at work today...not had time to stop until now!!! I'm feeling really focussed at the moment which is absolutely great as I really need to keep pushing myself. I am doing this just from home at the moment but have decided that if my commitment starts to waver I will join a group to help drove me along...could do without the expense but I figure that my health is far more important.

Anyway, here's how today is going...

Breakfast
With Skimmed milk (HEXA)
Apple

Lunch
Huge chicken salad with fat free vinaigrette
Grapes

Dinner
Coq Au Vin (from an old slimming world mag) 2.5 syns
Roasted Veg
Mashed potato (HEXB)

Snacks
Orange
Blackberries, blueberries & total greek yogurt
Green & blacks chocolate - 4 syns

Total syns for day: 6.5

Last edited:
I have made the mistake again of stepping on the scales this morning and have gained :cry: I'm not going to worry about it though as I have until Sunday for the official weigh in!!!

I was very proud of myself yesterday...I was offered sweets at work and declined then in the evening my husband had chips and again I declined...I didn't even nick a couple off his plate which is absolutely amazing for me :angel09:!!!

I'm so focused and determined at the moment which is fantastic. I have to pop into town at lunch time which is a worry because a lunch time town trip usually means a sandwich and a cake from Gregg's but not today! If I'm really tempted I will get some fruit instead!!

Speaking of which I seem to have sparked a bit of a debate about fruit and wether I should limit my fruit intake - the general feedback is that everything is ok in moderation but that maybe I need to balance out a bit with more veg - I am addicted to sweet things which I think is what is fuelling my fruit consumption at the mo so will have to watch that. I might get some sugar free jelly's and muller lights to help with my cravings!

Anyway, on to today:

Green Day

Breakfast
Scrambled egg
Mushrooms
Baked beans

Lunch
Baked potato
Prawns (HEXB)
Very low fat mayo - 1syn
Apple
Peach

Dinner
Veg stir fry with noodles
Cherries

Snacks
Orange

Syns for day: 1

Last edited:
So unbelievably tired this morning. I changed by shifts from 8-5 to 7-4 to give me more time in the evenings but I'm really feeling the pain of an hour less in bed in the mornings!! Add to this the shocking back ache I have this morning and I am feeling pretty sorry for myself! Busy day at work today so need to get over myself pretty sharpish!

Red day

Breakfast
Skimmed milk (HEXA)
Peach

Lunch
Tuna, light mayo, onion (1.5syns)
2 slices wholemeal bread (HEXB)
Fruit salad with natural yogurt

Dinner
Prawn stir fry
Sweet chilli sauce (1.5syns)
Grapes

Snacks
Jaffa cake (I stopped at one!!) (2.5syns)
Rice krispie square (7.5 syns)

Syns for day: 13

Last edited:
Hi blubex, looking good and well done on your commitment!
I am no expert, I don't go to group but I would say just keep eating fruit! It is free and if it stops your craving for other sweet stuff then good! You can worry about cutting back much later if you hit a plateau. Also, be sure to eat at least 5 syns a day! People say they lose better when they use their syns, your body won't be trying to hold on to fat cos it knows it is getting some!

Keep up the great work
Tracy x

Thanks Tracy, I am so focused at the moment which is great but my commitment starts to slide after a couple of weeks but I'm determined not to let it this time!!

I am tight with my syns as I know I sneak a couple in which I don't put down - with sauces, too much milk and stuff but will deffo try and put something in as a little treat each day to get the 5!

Really busy at work at the moment which is good because it means no time to think about food!!!

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast (HEXB)
Tinned spaghetti hoops
Orange

Lunch
Cooked chicken (HEXB)
Boiled rice
Broccoli
Fruit salad with low fat natural yogurt

Dinner
Quorn cottage pie - slightly altered (5syns)
Peach

Snacks
1/2 pack Graze Sun Dance - 3.5syns

Syns for day: 8.5

Last edited:
I managed to get a late start at work this morning so thought I would have abit of a lie in...no chance...my daughter decided that today would be the day that she was getting up at 6am!!!

Breakfast
Bacon Sandwich on wholemeal bread (HEXB)

Lunch
Ham salad with salad cream (2syns)

Dinner
Beef in mushroom sauce (1 syn)
Rice Krispie square (7syns)
Banana & custard Mullerlight

Snacks
1/2 pack graze sundance (completely unneccesary but the packets was sat open on my desk from yesterday) 3.5syns

Syns for the day: 13.5

Quite a lot of syns for me as trying to really cut back - only 2 days to weigh in also so will try and be a bit tighter with them tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
Busy day out with the family today enjoyinh the lovely sunshine.

Breakfast
Skimmed milk (HEXA)
Banana

Lunch
Ainsley harriott spicy couscous with cannelini beans (1 syn)
Toffee Mullerlight

Dinner
Pasta Norma from SW mag (HEXA)
Blackberries with natural fromage frais.

Snacks
2 Bourbon biscuits (7syns)

Total syns for day: 8

Last edited:
Yay another 2lbs off this week :D. I am really please with this and it just shows that you have to stick to the same day/time because I weighed myself mid week and was showing a 2lb gain :eek:.

My daughter woke me up this morning at 5.30 so I'm shattered today and left the fan on all night as it was too warm but now have a really stiff back and shoulder from having the cold blowing on me all night!

Taking my daughter to the toy shop for a treat for being good today and out with the family this aft so looking forward to another busy day.

Breakfast
Scrambled egg, grilled muchrooms, smoked salmon.

Lunch
Covent garden tomato & bazil soup with 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEXB)
Homemade strawberrry mouse (1.5syns)

Dinner
Lamb Tzatziki from SW magazine
green & balcks chocolate (4syns)
Fruit and natural fromage frais

Snacks
Cream tea (oops) (15syns)

Total syns for day: 20.5

Last edited:
My husband bought a total core sit up thing at the weekend, I used it for the first time yesterday for about 10 minutes and I can really feel it today so my goal is to use that on a daily basis for at least 10 mins as it is definately doing something. I also bought a hypnotherapy mp3 from groupon so am starting that today...I am a bit of a cynic when it comes to those sort of things but figure I can use all the help I can get!!!

Back on track again today...

Breakfast
Ham, Cheese & ryvita (HEXA & HEXB)
Pear
Plum

Lunch
Tuna salad with new potatoes (HEXB)
Grapes

Dinner
Chicken Stir fry (1syn)
Strawberry mousse (1.5syns)

Snacks

Total syns for day: 2.5

Exercise - 45min walk, 15min total core

Last edited:
I'm struggling to get on and update my diary at the mo as so busy at work and the in the evenings I seem to be running round doing things. I'm still keeping on plan though and managing to get on at some point throughout the day to get everything on.

Breakfast
Weetabix crunchy bran with skimmed milk (part HEXA & HEXB)
Yogurt

Lunch
Egg sandwich with a tiny bit of salad cream (HEXB & 2syns)
3 babybel light (HEXA)
fruit salad with natural low fat yogurt

Dinner
Vegetable bake (2.5syns)

Snacks
Skinny cow mini double dip (3syns)

Syns for day: 7.5

Last edited:
Breakfast
Bacon Sandwich (HEXB)
2 plums

Lunch
Prawn salad with light mayo (2syns)

Dinner
Chicken with cheese and bacon (Part HEXA, part HEXB)

Snacks
Milk in drinks HEXA
Skinny cow lolly (3syns)
Rice Krispie Square (8syns)

Syns for day: 11

Last edited:
Breakfast
Wholemeal toast with low fat spread (HEXB, 1 syn)
Pear

Lunch
Baked potato with Cheese & beans (part HEXA)
Fruit salad with low fat yogurt

Dinner
Spanish omlette (part HEXA)
baked beans
Skinny cow lolly (3syns)

Snacks
Handful of nuts (HEXB)
Low fat muller
Olives (3syns)

Total syns for day: 7

Last edited:
Back