Time to take control!

Leese84

Hi Everyone, I've been following slimming work for a month now and lost 7 pound, altho it seems really easy i just cant fit it in with my life, such as work i never know what kind of things to take to work for lunch. So i've decided i'm switching Weight Watchers, i can't really afford to go to the groups as yet, purely because its coming up to pay day so a week on Thursday will be my first weigh in.
So a bit about me I've just turned 27 well a few months ago and I've always been big i cant remember a time when i was slim. So why now? My friend is getting married next year, she originally asked me to be maid of honour but now has changed her mind to her other friend who is stick thing and very annoying, so I want to be able to go to her wedding and be a slimmer me, and i also want to be able to go on holiday in October and be able to fit into the seat belt without asking for an extra one to cover my belly. So my weight at the minute well i weighed myself on Mondays but last Monday i weighed 25st 7lb :cry::cry: I feel the need to take my weight into my own hands and want to do this for me, I currently fit into size 30 clothes and becuse im not wanting to be a size 12 or anything like that my goal isnt to do with weight its mainly to do with size, I would love to be in a size 20-22 by the wedding or even more so if i push myself by October (This could be pushing it). I've bought the Zumba for Wii and plan on doing that a few times a week and also walking around my work place in my lunch time. Due to not bein able to go to a weight watchers as yet, does anyone have any advice on how to go about things? I worked my points online and came up with 34 points?
Ps is diet coke counted in with the points or is that Free?
Thanks in advance x

Ps there's an app for iPhone if you have one called my points plus it's exactly same as ww calculator but unofficial one costs about £2.99 I use that and it's great you can work all your food out on it x

Thanks guys, means alot that i can come on here for support :)

Does anyone know how to get the pro points i know how to do the daily ones but not the weekly or is the weekly the same as the daily one? Confused.com hehe I deff need to get my butt to a class after pay day so i know im doing this right :) This seems so much more easier than SW, especially at dinner times aswell x

You will be given a certain amount of dailies concerning your height and weight im on 29 a day thats the lowest number they go to. Then on top of that everyone has 49 weeklies. They are optional, you can not use them, use them all, use some, have some everyday on top of your dailies or use them on a weekend treat. Its great having the 49 weeklies, like a safety net incase something unplanned comes up :)

x

welcome Leese and good luck hun x

Thanks Gem, and thanks Star and Hardi.
This week is kinda like my trial run, with regards to meals seeing as i'm using only whats in the house (Roll on payday)

So today Breakfast
1 Bagel - 4points?
I cant believe its not butter am putting down 2points.
Banana

Dinner
Porridge - 4points?
Grapes (0)
Mullerlight - 2 points?
diet coke.

I have no idea whats for tea at the minute but counting that i've only used 12points and I'm meant to have 34?

Mrs-S, I've searched high and low on my phone to find that app but can't see it any where (wonder if this is because its been tampered with)

Good luck on your weight loss.

Are you doing the new Pro Points WW plan?

My only advice would be focus on the short term goals at first and not the final goal. Just my opinion but I find it works better when I think right first goal 7lb, then next 7lb, then 10% etc etc. I fail when I think have need to lose 3 stone because when I weigh and lost 2lb I think is that all, even when thats a good loss!!

Best wishes xxx

Hi Shadow, I'm doing the pro-points one, well thats what i hope to be doing, cant officially go to WW until next Thursday (Payday) so this week is kind of me just learning the ropes and getting recipe ideas and what to do. I'm going on holiday in October the first week so i've set a goal for 2 stone which is about 3pound a week I think.
I can honestly say i really do need to go to the meetings to learn the pointing system so i know what to eat and how many points they are. Its so nice for the support on here. :) :D

Can i ask a bizare question, Still waiting for pay day and i have no idea how to point food, is there a book you recieve when you first join up that tells you whats best and free foods etc? I cant wait to go to my first weigh in next week, least i can pre pare myself tihis week for what to expect and can start and do meal ideas etc.

Hope everyones well xx

yes Leese when you join you will get a little pocket book with all the points in it and other leaflets and books to help you...if your stuck between now and then just ask someone will give an answer we're all here to help good luck hun x

Hey hon, you sure you're only on 34pp a day?? Or is that the old points you're working from?
If your bagel was non WW then it'd be about 6 or 7pp. WW ones are 4pp (and lovely) I put 5pp down for porridge. 3pp for the porridge and 2pp for milk but then depends how much or if you're using milk at all. Have a look at some food diaries on here for some ideas chick. One tip I'd give ya is not to eat too many bananas, I find that hinders my weight loss some weeks. Wishing you luck! x

Hey thanks guys, sorry i've not been on been a tad busy.

According to this - Female?-----2pts
Male?-------8pts
A Nursing Mom*?-----12pts

How Old Are You?
17*-26---------4pts
27-37---------3pts
38-47---------2pts
48-58---------1pts
Over 58-------0pts

What do you weigh?
Enter the first two digits of your weight in pounds. For example, if you weigh 175, enter 17. If you weigh less than 100 pounds, enter the first digit of your weight in pounds. i.e. for 98, enter 9.

How tall are you?
Under 5'1"----0pts
5'1"-5'10"----1pts
Over 5'10"----2pts

Do you spend most of your day:
Sitting down?------------------0pts
(e.g. as a receptionist, bus driver, cab driver)
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing?---2pts
(e.g. sales person, housewife, cook, teacher)
Walking most of the time?-------4pts
(e.g. waiter, mailman)
Doing physically hard work most of the time?---6pts
(e.g. nurse, gardener, construction worker)

Thats how i've got my number fo 34?

Thanks for the advice on Bananas i have like nearly 1-2 a day! Hmmm need to try some other sort of fruit from now on :)
Should be weigh in tomorrow but pay day Friday its coming round quick!! :

Hope everyones doing well, I keep reading all your diaries and getting good meal ideas :) xx

That looks like the old discover points system hon?? You work out propoints using gender, weight, height and age. Do you want me to work out what your propoint allowance is or you wanna stick to discover points for now. X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Are you serious? damn it lol Please if you wouldnt mind age is 27, weight is 25.6 height is 5ft5 and i'm femal (obviously lol)
I was looking online at the price for doing it online rather than meetings, it seems much better financially, but do you still get sent out the little books?x

I'll work that out now hon, ok?!

I'm not sure chick, I'm doing this all by my little old self... No online and no meetings at the moment lol. I might buy the pack on ebay though! X

Oooooo can you do that? I don't have ebay tho damn it wonder if any where else does it too.
Thanks again chick, :)

Well I get 54pp as your daily allowance on my app (I'm not 100% sure that's accurate because its not WW legit). I'll ask one of the girls to be sure.
If I work it out using your way of calculating there I get 41pp for you, how did you get your 34 from that method hon?? X

Back