Timings

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
I've been reading a bit on the Internet about 24 hr eating cycles eg from 6pm one day to 6pm the next you eat, then don't eat at all for the next 6pm-6pm cycle, then repeat. Apparently easier to stick to because you can eat good quantities every day, just at different times.

Does anyone have any comments on this? I'd be most interested to hear!

Last edited:
Its the same principal just different timings, it would work the same, the only thing I find is on DD's is that I find it harder during the day and easier during the evening which is strange as usually the evening is my dangertime, I think I would personally struggle not eating until 6pm. But if you will find that easier then go for it :)
ETA, I will have a browse later though ;)

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, not sure it would work for me though as I'd prob just try to eat loads before the 6pm cut off!

14 lost : 53 to goal

I'm sticking to this for the moment because, although its only day 2, I'm enjoying it. I might try not eating breakfast on DD days though to see if I can get some of the benefits of intermittent fasting. Am just going to go with the flow.

Thanks for your replies - I really enjoy sharing ideas on here and getting feedback :)

Dr Johnson discovered that the best results possible from JUDDD are if you do a complete fast every other day however as this is very difficult to achieve for most of us he devised the percentage calculations with the upper limit for DD's (for the 1st 2 weeks anyway) is 500 cals, you can eat below if you like I usually do. I am building up to a total fast day just havent got around to it yet. I think doing one on a Mon after my 2 UP days would be beneficial to me but havent plucked up the courage yet. Maybe if I get a stall?? I don't think I could totally fast on alternate days though and I don't want to set myself up to fail ;)

bajoleth said:
Dr Johnson discovered that the best results possible from JUDDD are if you do a complete fast every other day however as this is very difficult to achieve for most of us he devised the percentage calculations with the upper limit for DD's (for the 1st 2 weeks anyway) is 500 cals, you can eat below if you like I usually do. I am building up to a total fast day just havent got around to it yet. I think doing one on a Mon after my 2 UP days would be beneficial to me but havent plucked up the courage yet. Maybe if I get a stall?? I don't think I could totally fast on alternate days though and I don't want to set myself up to fail ;)

Thank you. This is so informative. I may try to skip breakfast on DD to give my body longer without eating. I'm not sure I'll make a whole day fasting!!

Hi Phoenyx and welcome - let us know how you get on x

I don't count calories on up days at all and on down days I fast until evening and then have a can of soup so 150 or so calories.

Back