Tinned Potatoes - chips?

laura35

Hi sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. But does anybody know if you can still make syn free chips using tinned potatoes? Sometimes when I'm I a rush it would make life easier to not have to peel the potatoes (seems to take me forever). I sound lazy now! Any help would be fab! :)

Just leave the skin on the normal potatoes! Makes them "rustic" chips and they're still lovely!

Just leave the skin on the normal potatoes! Makes them "rustic" chips and they're still lovely!

I agree. I never peel my potatoes before making chips. Much nicer with the skins left on :drool:

Ah good thinking never thought of "rustic"! Lol. Are canned potatoes still syn free though does anybody know? X

Theyre still free on EE/Green but theyre not a HEX on Red as theres no skin on them, same as normal peeled potatoes.

Im another one who never takes the skin off. In fact I never take the skin off ANYTHING :D a) Im too lazy b) its better for you with the fibre/nutrients in the skin :)

I dont think tinned ones would work as chips either, they'd fall apart I reckon. Theyd also take forever to crisp up wouldn't they?

Back