• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Tinned Potatoes - chips?

S: 12st1lb C: 10st7lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 1st8lb(13.02%)
Hi sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. But does anybody know if you can still make syn free chips using tinned potatoes? Sometimes when I'm I a rush it would make life easier to not have to peel the potatoes (seems to take me forever). I sound lazy now! Any help would be fab! :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 21st11.5lb C: 17st11.5lb G: 13st4.5lb BMI: 39.1 Loss: 4st0lb(18.33%)
Just leave the skin on the normal potatoes! Makes them "rustic" chips and they're still lovely!

S: 15st0lb C: 12st4.4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 2st9.6lb(17.9%)
Just leave the skin on the normal potatoes! Makes them "rustic" chips and they're still lovely!
I agree. I never peel my potatoes before making chips. Much nicer with the skins left on :drool:

S: 12st1lb C: 10st7lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 1st8lb(13.02%)
Ah good thinking never thought of "rustic"! Lol. Are canned potatoes still syn free though does anybody know? X

S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
Theyre still free on EE/Green but theyre not a HEX on Red as theres no skin on them, same as normal peeled potatoes.

Im another one who never takes the skin off. In fact I never take the skin off ANYTHING :D a) Im too lazy b) its better for you with the fibre/nutrients in the skin :)

I dont think tinned ones would work as chips either, they'd fall apart I reckon. Theyd also take forever to crisp up wouldn't they?