Tinsel's food diary

Ended up having 37 syns yesterday, woops! That's my allowance for the week gone so will try not to have any more till Tuesday.

Ended up having 37 syns yesterday, woops! That's my allowance for the week gone so will try not to have any more till Tuesday.

Ooops, dont worry though im sure you can still have a loss, just have to be careful now until weigh in xxx

Ooops, dont worry though im sure you can still have a loss, just have to be careful now until weigh in xxx

I've had 75.5 syns over the week, so if I'm careful now till WI on Monday I will hopefully have a loss, as it still evens out just over 10 a day. We'll see anyway! I think I'll have to go carefully with my syns, as I don't have much to lose.

Green day.

Breakfast
2 x Alpen Light bars (HEB)

Lunch
Vegetable and ginger soup, bulked out with some pearl barley and pulses
Wholemeal roll (HEB)
Leftover veg curry and rice
Mixed fruit salad
WeightWatcher strawberry tart yogurt on top

Tea
Veg and ginger soup again
Kidney bean bake (my partner's signature dish: kidney beans, spinach, aubergine, carrots, onions and sweet potato in an Italian tomato sauce with sliced potatoes layered on top and grated cheese sprinkled over - HEA)
Salad
Clementine
WeightWatchers yogurt

Snacks
350ml skimmed milk in coffee and tea (HEA)

Total: 0 syns

EDIT: make that 5.5 syns, I naughtily accepted a bottle of lager I was offered after updating this diary. Stopped at one though! That's 81 syns this week, averaging about 11-12 a day if I was counting daily, so hope it won't be too bad on the scales. Will try to stay within 70 next week.

Last edited:
Hi Tinsel. I am going to read your diary with interest as I see we started SW the same week and your start weight and goal is near enough the same as mine.

Hi Tinsel. I am going to read your diary with interest as I see we started SW the same week and your start weight and goal is near enough the same as mine.

Hope you find it useful, good luck with your weight loss! I'll have my first WI on Monday so will be able to update on how much I lose in my first week (well, I started two weeks ago, but didn't go to class until last Monday).

Another green day today.

Breakfast
Cooked breakfast of two Quorn sausages, fried egg and half a tin of baked beans.

Lunch
Homemade vegetable soup
Wholemeal roll (HEB)
Chopped banana with WeightWatchers vanilla yogurt on top

Tea
Spinach and ricotta pasta (HEA - this was a recipe from the booklet which came with this month's SW mag, but I added a tin of green lentils and some green beans to make it extra filling)
Hi-fi bar (HEB)

Snacks
Grapes
Clementine
350ml skimmed milk in tea and coffee (HEA)

I was very good, even turned down some dark chocolate I was offered!

WI yesterday, lost 2.5lbs! Mind you, some slight cheating: I took my boots off to be weighed last night and didn't last week, so probably really only about a pound. Still happy with that though. Going to try and focus on eating more Speed and Super Speed foods this week.

Green day again yesterday:

Breakfast
2 x Quorn sausages
Egg
Half tin of beans
1tbsp brown sauce (1 syn)
Banana

Lunch
Chunky vegetable soup
Wholemeal bread roll (HEB)
Mixed fruit salad
WeightWatchers dessert recipe yogurt

Tea
SW chips in 1tbsp olive oil (HEB)
Quorn peppered steak
Mushy peas
1tbsp brown sauce (1 syn)
1tbsp wholegrain mustard (0.5 syns)

Snacks
350ml skimmed milk in tea and coffee (HEA)
Peppermint tea
Melon
4 squares Galaxy (5 syns)
Bottle of lager (5.5 syns)

Total: 13 syns

Anither green day yesterday. Been working every hour towards a work deadline, which in the olden days would be the time I'd be likely to fall off the wagon as I wouldn't have the time or inclination to cook. I was very good, however: I cooked a simple, filling meal for lunch then finished it for tea so managed to avoid anyway takeaway or ready meal naughtiness.

Breakfast
2 x Alpen light bars (HEB)
Mixed fruit salad
WeightWatchers dessert recipe yogurt on top

Lunch
Four-bean pasta (HEB: mix of brown and white pasta, tin of three-bean salad and some green beans with sauce made from the tomato soup, below, and 85g of ricotta mixed in)
42g low-fat cheese on top (HEA)

Tea
Finished the four-bean pasta

Snacks
350ml skimmed milk in coffee (HEA)
Melon
Clementine
Banana
Homemade houmous with carrot sticks
Superfree superspeedy superspicy tomato super soup
2 x squares Galaxy (2.5 syns)
Diet Kick drink (Red Bull rip-off to keep me awake for working late! Horrible stuff)

Total: 2.5 syns

Last edited:
Ok, EE for a change. Super busy today working towards a work deadline and then got to rush off to a Brownie meeting so everything I've made has been a bit "cheaty" (not cheating with the plan, using convenience ingredients I wouldn't normally have I mean!).

Breakfast
Banana

Lunch
Homemade tomato soup left from yesterday
Fish pie (made this by boiling a couple of cod and a salmon fillet and steaming some broccoli, then mashing cod, salmon, broccoli and a tin of tuna with some garlic, dried herbs, stock and a Laughing Cow Extra Light cheese triangle for creaminess. Topped with instant mash, also made with a couple of LC triangles - that was 1/2 my HEA)
Steamed green beans and broccoli on the side

Tea
More fish pie with green beans and broccoli
Mixed fruit salad with WeightWatchers vanilla yogurt on top

Snacks
170ml skimmed milk in coffee (1/2 HEA)
Diet Kick energy drink
Rest of the fruit salad (this is the Tesco frozen stuff, left to defrost overnight) with another WeightWatchers yogurt on
Carrot sticks with homemade houmous left from yesterday
Clementine
2 x Galaxy squares (2.5 syns - should stop eating these, I'm going away this weekend and need to save my syns!)
2 x Strepsils (1 syn)

Total: 3.5 syns

Yawn. Ok, today not easy: veeeery long working day (and it's not over yet). But picked EE and managed to stick with it pretty much, except I didn't manage to get my 1/3 superfree in with my evening meal (which my partner made and I ate at my desk with my non-mouse hand!).

Breakfast
2 Quorn sausages
Half tin of beans
Fried egg
Brown sauce (1 syn)
Banana
Clementine

Lunch
Home-made tomato soup
Remainder of yesterday's fish pie
Steamed cabbage

Tea
SW chips done in the Actifry with 1tbsp olive oil (HEB)
Quorn peppered steak
Mushy peas
Tomato ketchup, 2 tbsp (2 syns)

Snacks
275ml lager (5 syns)
8 mini eggs (6 syns - boyfriend brought me these home as a present, being nice as I was stressed with work, but after wolfing down a few I had to ask him to hide the bag out of temptation's way!)

Total: 14 syns

Last edited:
Green today, then away till Tuesday at a friend's so will have to do my best. Bound to be some meals out but I'll try to make wise choices - more worried about the wine though! Plus I'll miss my WI on Monday.

Breakfast
Banana

Lunch
Carrot and Ginger soup
Wholemeal roll (HEB)
Jacket potato
Cottage cheese
Salad
Kiwi
Clementine
WeightWatchers vanilla yogurt

Tea
Pasta bake (HEA - onion, green beans, green lentils and mix of white and brown pasta in passata sauce with low-fat cheese on top, baked in an oven dish)

Snacks
Clementine
Homemade houmous with carrot sticks
4 mini eggs (3 syns)
4 squares Galaxy (5 syns)

Total: 8 syns

Right, back on track yesterday after my long weekend away. Tried to choose wisely while away and stay within weekly syns, but ate out a few times so didn't really know what was in the stuff I was eating. Hopefully might still have a loss this week, especially as I've started doing a bit more exercise - doing 15 mins on my new Just Dance 2 Wii game every day, which is a good aerobic workout.

Green day yesterday.

Breakfast
28g Ready Brek with banana and raspberries on top (HEB)
Ryvita

Lunch
Curried vegetable soup (courgette, carrots, potato, sweet potato, onions, cabbage)
57g wholemeal bread (HEB)
Mango
Clementine

Tea
Pasta (mix of white and wholemeal) with courgette, broccoli, puy lentils and sauce (HEA - 5 x Laughing Cow Light triangles, passata, stock, herbs, onion, garlic)

Snacks

Last edited:
Green day again. Bit short on fruit and veg till lunch when the shopping arrived, then I made the most of the grapes!

Breakfast
Egg and beans on toast (HEB)

Lunch
Vegetable soup
Leftover pasta from yesterday with salad and Salad Light balsamic dressing
42g Cathedral City Lighter on pasta (HEA)
WeightWatchers yogurt
Handful of grapes

Tea
Shepherd's pie (Quorn, 3-bean salad, aubergine, courgette, carrots and onion cooked in a passata and herb sauce, topped with mashed swede and potato)
Steamed green beans
42g Cathedral City Lighter on top (HEB)

Snacks
Grapes
Banana
2 x mini eggs

Total: 1.5 syns

Edit: and a 125ml glass of red wine (*blush*). So total = 6 syns.

Last edited:
Green day.

Breakfast
Ready Brek and Ryviate (HEB)
Banana on top

Lunch
Leftover pasta
42g Cathedral City Lighter on top (HEB)
Salad and Salad Light dressing
Grapes
WeightWatchers yogurt

Tea
Quorn cottage pie
Steamed green beans

Snacks
350ml skimmed milk in cereal and coffee (HEA)
Homemade veg soup
Clementine
250ml white wine (8.5 syns)
125ml red wine (4.5 syns)

Green day.

Breakfast
2 x Quorn sausages
Egg
1/2 tin beans
2 x slices wholemeal toast (HEB)
Brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch
Tomato and onion pasta packet mix from Tesco (these used to be free but after I ate it discovered that it's apparently now 1.5 syns per 100g cooked weight, grrr! I just counted 1.5 syns anyway, and will avoid in future)
Salad with Salad Light dressing

Tea
Quorn peppered steak
Mixed vegetables roasted in 1tbsp olive oil (HEB - aubergine, carrot, courgette, potato, parsnip)
Bisto Best onion gravy (2 syns)
Rice pud (HEA - made with 700ml unsweetened soya milk, sweetener, 150g arborio rice, vanilla essence; serves 2)
1/2 banana on top

Snacks
350ml skimmed milk in coffee
Clementine
Banana
Grapes
4 x squares Galaxy (5 syns)
100ml red wine (3.5 syns)

Last edited:
Green day.

Breakfast
Ready Brek and Ryvita (HEB)
Banana on top

Lunch
Homemade butternut squash soup
Bread roll (HEB)
Fruit salad with WeightWatchers yogurt on top

Tea
Chips cooked in 1/2tbsp olive oil (3 syns)
1/2 tin baked beans
2 x Quorn burger (1 syn)
42g grated cheese (HEA)
2tbsp ketchup (2 syns)
Fruit salad with WeightWatchers yogurt on top

Snacks
350ml skimmed milk in coffee and breakfast (HEA)

Total: 6 syns

When is your weigh in day Tinsel? You look like you've stuck to it religiously. What's JD2 like BTW? I have the original, it just felt a bit dominated to working the ARM that holds the remote..... Apparently the Michael Jackson one is supposed to be good.

When is your weigh in day Tinsel? You look like you've stuck to it religiously. What's JD2 like BTW? I have the original, it just felt a bit dominated to working the ARM that holds the remote..... Apparently the Michael Jackson one is supposed to be good.

Weigh-in is today so fingers crossed! I have stuck to it religiously during the week but a bit worried about my four days' holiday and the fact I've had max weekly syns for two weeks in a row. I did make wise choices during my holiday but it's hard to be 100% sure what goes into your food when you're eating out. I wish SW did an eating out guide. If I haven't lost much tonight, I'm going to try Success Express the rest of the week to try and give myself a boost.

I love JD2! I really feel like you get a good workout all over and the Just Sweat mode is very good. Proud Mary by Tina Turner and Rasputin by Boney M are a good aerobic workout I think.

First Success Express day!

Breakfast
Big plate of melon
Banana and a latte (using HEA skimmed milk allowance with the rest in coffee throughout the day)

Lunch
Homemade butternut squash soup with macaroni, lentils and pearl barley
57g wholemeal roll (HEB)
Clementine
Kiwi

Tea
Salmon fillet
New potatoes
Honey and mustard sauce (2 syns - from SW saucy recipe book)
Steamed carrots, broccoli and green beans
Plate of raspberries and blueberries for pud

Snacks
Superfree tomato soup
Clementine
2 squares Galaxy (2.5 syns)
2 mini eggs (1.5 syns)
Hi-fi bar (HEB)
Slither of Splenda cheesecake at meeting (1.5 syns)

Total: 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Back