Tinsel's food diary

Yes, the main thing is having 2/3 superfree with meals (fruit or veg: I tended to have fruit for breakfast then a lot of veg with dinner and tea), and also only snacking on superfree between meals. Worked for me anyway!

Loved reading your superfree diary! Lots of lovely meals ESP the veg and chick pea curry!

Green day.

Breakfast
Fibre Plus bar (HEB)
Banana
Latte (HEA, with rest in tea and coffee)

Lunch
Carrot and ginger soup
SW quiche
Salad with Salad Light dressing
WeightWatchers dessert recipe yogurt

Tea
Homemade paella (risotto rice, onion, carrots, courgette, green beans, green lentils, garlic, chilli flakes, stock, passata, spices)
Salad with Salad Light dressing
42g Cathedral City Lighter (HEA)

Snacks
Grapes
Fibre Plus bar (HEB)
Pear
Clementine
4 squares Galaxy (5 syns - nearly all gone, and then I am defintiely not buying any more, it's far too dangerous having it in the house!)

Total: 5 syns

Anyone wondering why this food diary's been neglected, it's because there's been no food to record! I've had stomach flu and barely eaten since Wednesday lunch time. Even now my appetite's low, which is nothing to complain of I suppose. I just don't feel like eating any of my usual meals, feel completely turned off by food. Oh well, sure I'll feel better soon, and should be a big loss at WI tonight (even if I can't take any of the credit for it).

Thankyou. Yes, back at work today after Thursday and Friday in bed. Luckily I work at home so it's not too much effort to drag myself to my office even when I still feel a bit run down!

I tend to have the opposite problem: because I work at home I often don't switch off from work mode and end up doing far more than my contracted hours. I still prefer it though. Makes dieting much easier anyway.

Well, I lost 4.5lbs last night, which means I'm nearly halfway to goal! Wish I could say it was from my own hard work and not just being ill. Have to make sure now that I don't get complacent or think that because I'm recovering from illness I can eat what I like. Got a few days away this weekend too with a big party on Sat, so will have to be extra careful I don't slip up. At least I won't feel quite so self-conscious in my costume at the party now I'm such a skinny pants! (It's fancy dress and I'm going as Sally Bowles from Cabaret, only with a longer skirt, don't want my flabby thighs showing!).

Eating almost normally now, couldn't finish lunch yesterday but managed a full tea. Will start updating my diary again from today.

Ok, back to almost normal eating today, except not quite as hungry as usual plus I've cut down on fruit as I don't think eating loads of it would be good for a recovering tummy. I'll gradually introduce more to my diet over the week.

So today was a green day:

Breakfast
Hi-fi bar (HEB)
Latte from HEA (rest in coffee)
Banana

Lunch
Leftover SW chips
Curried carrot soup
Wholemeal bread (HEB)

Tea
Pasta bake (HEA - pasta, passata, cheese triangles, lentils, spinach, green beans, cheese)

Snacks
Clementine
4 squares Galaxy (5 syns - all gone now)

Total: 5 syns

Green day yesterday, fely quite hungry all day.

Breakfast
Hi-fi bar (HEB)
Banana
Melon

Lunch
Carrot soup
Wholemeal bread (HEB)
Clementines

Tea
Pasta bake (HEA)

Snacks
Minestrone mug shot
42g cheese (HEA)
Sundae made with crumbled Alpen Light bar, WeightWatchers yogurt and banana (3 syns)
Meringue nest (3 syns)

Total: 6 syns

Much better thanks, although my appetite is bigger than my belly at the moment: I was so hungry for tea but then couldn't manage to finish it. Doubt I'm going to have a loss this week, as when I was weighed on Monday I was still dehydrated from the illness so guess I will put a bit back on, but I'll just keep plugging away.

Ok, another green day. I really need to start eating more superfree veg again, still off it a bit for some reason.

Breakfast
Quorn bacon sandwich: 2 x slices wholemeal bread (HEB), 3 x slices Quorn bacon (1.5 syns), 1tbsp brown sauce (1 syn)
Banana
Latte (HEA, with rest in coffee)

Lunch
Jacket potato
1/2 tin baked beans
42g cheese (HEA)
Handful of organic watercress
Clementines
Apple

Tea
Instant mash
2 x Quorn fillets
Syn-free onion gravy

Snacks
Carrot soup
2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB)
Clementine

Total: 2.5 syns

Well, I have been naughty. I was away over the weekend staying with partner's family and not really on plan as I didn't have much control over my meals, although I did try to control portion sizes as well as I could. Plus there was a 60th birthday party with lots of wine and a buffet. Then yesterday I felt very stressed and anxious all morning so I decided randomly to go out for a five-mile walk, missed my weigh-in and got a Chinese for tea, all very bad. I've synned the Chinese from my weekly allowance though (had to guess some of it as not in my book), and now will put my mind to being good for the rest of the week. I did weigh myself and looked as though I had gained 1.5lbs this week, which is fine - I would have expected a gain from the rehydration after being ill anyway.

Anyway, my naughty day yesterday was a green day.

Breakfast
Cheese on toast (HEA, HEB)
Banana
Latte (HEA, with rest in coffee)

Lunch
Pasta and spinach in passata sauce
Cheese on top (HEB)
WeightWatchers yogurt

Tea (Chinese takeaway)
Boiled rice
Curry sauce (5 syns, at a guess)
Half a portion of chips (guessing around 15 syns)

Snacks
Kinder Surprise (5.5 syns)
175ml white wine (6 syns)
Coffee with sugar (1 syn)

Total: 32.5 syns

Gah, another bad day yesterday, not sure what's wrong with me - probably didn't help that I missed class on Monday. Nearly used up all my weekly syns already and it's only Wednesday. I just don't seem to be able to get back on track since I was ill. Not enthusiastic about food or cooking and just keep making the same old things, plus increase in work and house-buying stress pushing me towards the chocolate and wine every evening. I think what I need is to sit down with a recipe book and come up with some ideas for the week (and lay off the wine!). Shopping is coming today, which will help as I don't have much free food in at the mo.

Going to have an EE day today, see if that gives me any inspiration. Nice bit of salmon, new potatoes and veg in parsley sauce sounds appetising...

So, green day yesterday...

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix (HEB)
Skimmed milk (HEA, with rest in tea)
Banana

Lunch
Pasta and spinach in a passata sauce
Cheese on top (HEA)
WeightWatchers yogurt

Tea
Chips in 1 tbsp olive oil (HEB)
Ketchup (2 syns)