Tinytootz's fresh start diary

4/12/11

Bran flakes and milk - HE & HE

WM pitta with chicken, spring onions and trimmed bacon - If red day, HE. If not, 6 syns.

Pineapple, apple and melon

Celebration - 2

Brother cooked *shudder* it was pretty vile!

Piece skinless chicken thigh
Few carrots
Dollop mash
2x cremated sausages
Bowl of cherries

So had some air popped popcorn when I got it. No idea on syns for the day, lets just say I went over a wee bit

Last edited:
5/12/11 - Greeeen

Work's do tonight. Eek.

Slice WM bread - 1/2 HE

Jacket wedges, or pasta pack as I can't really be bothered

Pizza Express for tea. Either having one of their pizzas with the hole in the middle, filled with salad, or a veggie one. Either way, its over my syns, but I would rather spend money on something I *want* to eat, rather than on something which I don't, just cause it's healthy. Not been out for a meal in ages, so why not treat myself? I know, excuses excuses, but if I got a salad or pasta dish, I would feel so cheated!

The ones with the hole are 25 syns each. I could deduct 6 syns for my leftover HE of cheese, and I wouldn't feel so cheated I guess! We shall see when I get there :)

Well, I survived! As usual, the idea of diet went out the window when I was presented with a menu!

So last night I had:

2x vodka and diet coke
1x vodka and coke
1x 175ml chardonnay
1/2 portion dough balls (4 balls with garlic butter)
Padana pizza (goats cheese, caramelised onions, spinach)
but I swerved the dessert :D

Got in at about 12:15, and bless him, OH has been anxious about it for weeks. I presume he was worried I wasn't gonna come home, as he said it happened to him in the past a lot. But I promised I would be home, let him know roughly a time, and was only a little bit late :D He had waited up for me, done me a hot water bottle, and I got lots of hugs. Bless him. I feel bad that he felt anxious about it, but I went anyway, reassured him without going OTT, and it all turned out fine. I also feel bad that he didn't come, as he got home about 10 minutes after we left, but shhhh, don't tell him! I did initially invite him as I was gonna stop over, but he couldn't get the next day off work, so it would have involved leaving for Manchester at 6:30pm, then leaving Manchester the next morning at 6:30am, and it seemed pointless, so I said I wasn't going at all. But had a change of heart a couple of weeks ago, and said I was going with a work colleague who was gonna drive. Really I should have taken him, but it was such a small 'do' (8 of us), that he would have been bored with work talk, and he is a very very shy person, which isn't ideal, as it can make him seem rude, as we are talking major shyness. Maybe the next one I will take him with me. It just seemed like it would have made the evening awkward for others. One woman brought her husband (who doesn't work for us), and I could see that that made others (and me) feel a bit awkward, as there is no common ground from the start, so you end up on the small talk page of the 'what to do in social situations' manual. But OH didn't mind too much not coming, and he is coming with me for a friends birthday meal on Friday (he wasn't initially invited as it was girls only), but if he knew how fine a time we missed him by, he would possibly be hurt, and there is no need for that. I've been asked to his Xmas work do. I did say that by no means should he feel obliged to bring me, but he said he wanted to, which of course made me feel bad. But I do better in social situations than him, and I have met all his work people before.

See, now I've written it down, I feel like a total cow. Oh well, I've done it now. It's good to spend some time apart I guess. If he could have got the next day off work, then 100% he would have been coming with me, and we would have stayed over. But I saw no point for the sake of 12 hours, and I wouldn't have stayed over unless he was coming with me. So I went out, he stayed in. Infact, I am feeling THAT guilty, I will ask him to join me and my friend tonight for our usual Tuesday drink. Why do I make a decision, then guilt trip myself over it for aaaaaaages!

Wow, long post!

Well, the Wii said STS Sunday, it's saying 1lb up this morning (no blummin' surprise!) so onwards with the week. I nearly did 100% this week, and I can do it again. Friday we are out for a friends birthday, at an Indian, which I like as it means there are more SW friendly choices than a regular pub grub place :)

Well, I ate quite a lot yesterday, mainly junk! Bag of crisps, penguin, bran flakes, an English muffin with cheese, and then I forget........

7/12/11 - new start

Some sorta pasta

Tea is either home-made chili with jacket spud and beans, or kievs, mash and beans.

Ooops, not been in here for ages. Bravely faced the scales this morning, STS. Very relieved. I will try and report here more regularly.

13/12/11

Not sure on lunch yet. Or tea.

Well, yesterday I had bran flakes, an english muffin with bacon and philly for lunch, half a toffee crisp, a shed load of hazelnut mikado's, giant yorkshire pudding, roast beef and mash. Swerved the wine.

------

14/12/11

Pasta pack

3x Mikado (alllll gone now) - 1.5

Steak, jacket potato, peas, 3 onion rings (4 syns) and a sauce made from 75g ex light philly, split between two.

I spent 4 hours cleaning and tidying. I kid you not, 4 solid hours. No break, nothing. Yes I'm now shattered and just started a shift till midnight, but it stopped me from snacking on anything :D

Well, I am still here. Still the middle of crimbo, and I ain't ready to jump on the wagon just yet. I'll weigh in next Tuesday, then start afresh.

I've just munched several sausage rolls (now all gone), a few pringles (which I will hopefully forget exist), 2 chocolate fingers (1 left) and got an Eat Smart meal for lunch.

I now have a big sparkly ring on my finger, and something else to worry about! Mum hasn't said a lot about it, so I'm kinda unsure of what to do. I know we will need lots of time to save up, but from what I've read, to book the venue a few years in advance is kinda the norm. So we shall start saving as from now, and once we have a deposit sorted, then I can book the venue, sort out a church, then everything else will come all in good time. All very daunting, kinda want my mum, but I think she feels its too fast, so in her mind, its all make believe and pretend, so is kinda not giving it much thought. I will wait till she broaches the subject, then take it from there. But if she doesn't broach it by kinda Feb, looks like I will have to!

So I am gonna continue for a few days kinda eating what I like, then will start all over again. Mainly due to pure lazyness, and needing to get the naughty stuff out the house!

OK, so lets start again. Gained 3lb this Christmas, and I sure can feel it! So today....

SW potato wedges and baked beans

Blueberries and Muller light

Not sure on tea. OH is cooking, and we had a MASSIVE row yesterday, which I am still reeling from. So lord knows. Need to stick to my new years resolution and be kind to myself, as today I am feeling really poorly.

Looked in the mirror, and I can see in my face where the weight has clung to, which is upsetting me. But I KNOW I can do this, so I must stop beating myself up over it. What's done is done, time to move on.

4/1/12 - Red

Leftover cottage pie (lean mince, veg, tiny bit mash) - not sure how to syn the mash, was not much at all.

Apple
Cream cracker with small amount of wensleydale - 1/2 HE & 1.5
2x Mini heroes - 5
About 4 syns worth of pringles

Steak
SW fried onions
SW jacket wedges
Salad
2x onion rings - 2
White roll - 6

So today was......over 20. Oh well! Keep on going, don't get disheartened. Each day is a new one, to make better choices! I can do this :) Off to grab my 2nd large glass of NAS squash today :D

5/1/12

Cadburys roses - 2
Cheese & ham WM toastie - HE & HE
Muller light & blueberries

Pasta pack
Piece Dairy Milk - 2

Takeaway for tea. Thinking chicken kebab and salad, some sugar free jelly for afters. Will syn it all up later

* had grilled chicken kebab with salad and a pitta, so that would be 6 syns as it was a small one. Jelly had gone mouldy :(

Last edited:
6/1/12

The usual Friday chaos. Yippee!!

Potato skins with tomato, onion and goats cheese
Ham and bacon calzone with salad
Small cherry crumble with custard
Cookie

See? Pretty damn lousy. We went out for a meal as a treat, so I decided to treat myself food wise, as a tomato and mozz salad, followed by pasta just would have left me feeling a bit miffed.

7/1/12

Leftover baked bean and mince lasagne
Cadburys rose - 2

Gammon, SW chips, beans and SW fried egg

8/1/12

WM toastie with low fat cheese and leftover ham from last night - HE & HE

Not sure yet. Something I am eating is making my stomach bad, and I think it is either bread, pasta or potatoes. So today I think I will have a pasta pot thingy - 1
Cadburys rose - 2

Pasta bake with smoked sausage, salad and 1 slice garlic bread - 10?

Last edited:
9/1/12

Probably:

Bran flakes & Milk - HE & HE

Slice WM bread with some chicken type sandwich filling - 6
One of mums homemade oat biscuits - not sure!
Piece fruit & nut toblerone - not sure!

Cooked lamb, tomatoes, carrots and mint type casserole, mixed veg and mashed potato. Lovely, but bit tooooo much mint!

Last edited:
Rather amazed, my Wii is showing me as being right back where I was before Christmas, 11 stone 13! I don't quite believe it, so I must be good this week :)

Thinking red day today, as OH is doing cheese and ham toasties for tea :)

2x WM bread slices with lettuce and chicken - 6

Small Dairy Milk bar - 5.5

4x WM bread with low fat cheese and trimmed ham - HE & HE

Home made apple crumble.........:eek:

Out for drinks, but I will be on the diet coke as I'm working at 8pm

Last edited:
Line drawn under yesterday, on with the year!

11/1/12 - Greeeeen

2xWM bread with trimmed bacon - HE & HE

Jacket potato with beans and cheese - HE

Mug shot

Home made pasta bake with low fat cheese on top - HE
Smoked sausage - about 7 skinny slices - 7 I'd say, as was less than 50g
Salad (lettuce, onion, peppers, gherkin)
2 slice garlic bread - 8 (whole baguette around 600 cals = 30 syns. 8 slices = 4 syns a slice.

Not a great day food wise. Oh well!

Last edited:
Back