Tinytootz's fresh start diary

12/1/12

Right!!!!

Bran flakes and milk - HE & HE

Leftover smoked sausage - 4 (as I'm on EE or red)
Apple
Miniature hero - 2

Tea is takeaway. I'm either going to have a grilled chicken salad kebab, chicken chow mein, or 2 pieces of fried chicken as a naughty treat! I'm also gonna try and scoff as much fruit as possible today, and my usual glasses of water.

*I started so positive, but then just started going downhill. Got myself really down and fedup with everything :(

Last edited:
13/1/12

Went to McDonalds. Had a deli wrap and side salad with diet coke. Was chuffed with myself, till OH cooked us pizza for tea. *sigh*

14/1/12

WM pitta with leftover deli roast beef and salad - HE
Leftover chicken (yes, I am the queen of leftovers)

Not sure on lunch yet. Might just do a pasta pack
Apple
Cadbury rose - 2
Aero tree - 7
French Fries - 4

Cottage pie - ex lean mince, onions, carrots, oxo, tinned toms, mashed potato with light cheese - HE
Small amount of gravy - 1.5
Baked beans
Muller light
Options - 2

Last edited:
15/1/12

WM bread with bacon, light cheese and beans - HE & 1/2 HE
Minimilk - 1.5
Cadbury's square - 2.5

Leftover cottage pie - 1 to be on the safe side

Options hot choc - 3
Square galaxy bubbles - 1.5

Skipped tea as I wasn't hungry when OH came in at 6, he had already had something to eat. We then went down to the parents for wedding talk, got in at 8pm so we went to bed with a hot chocolate instead!

Last edited:
Not optomistic about WI tomorrow at all. I've not been overly naughty this week I suppose, but I feel all bunged up and a bit ick. But we shall see eh.

16/1/12 - thinking red

Fritatta (bacon, eggs, leeks, herbs, small amount light cheese) - 1/2 HE
Small amount SF jelly and fruit salad.

Roast chicken dinner (roast chicken, carrots, leeks, skin on roast potato, yorkshire puddings, small amount gravy) - HE & 9

Sugar free jelly - 1

Last edited:
Think I put a pound on this week. I've updated my ticker so that I know what is actually going on! Poo bum :(
I know why in terms of naughtyness, but still a bit poo bum. Oh well!

Well, I've just been in the kitchen eyeing up the stuff I could eat to *cheer* myself up about my gain. I need to get back to how I was over a year ago, losing every single week, sometimes lots, sometimes tiny. So I will NOT eat the pizza for lunch today. I will NOT eat the Toffee Crisp which is calling me. If I can do it just this one week, then I know I am capable of doing this. I must not be too shy to say "no" to food, ask for the lower fat alternative, be awkward and insist OH cooks the lower fat one for me. Today I will go over my syns due to the choices I made yesterday, or rather, that OH made yesterday. But it is ok, just because I am going slightly over, it does not mean I should go WAY over!

17/1/12

Lunch will probably be a pasta pack, warm and comforting.

I WILL stick to diet coke when out, no matter how much my friend sticks her lip out. The wine is her choice, I MUST NOT feel obliged to drink it too.
* BLOODY people! I'll have a diet coke please. Here, have a vodka and diet coke. Thanks........add another 4 syns then!

Tea is tomato soup (Baxters, 6.5 per 1/2 tin)
WM roll for me, white one for OH - HE with some low fat lurpack - HE

.......Fudge cake. Yes, I bought it yesterday as OH moans that there is never any desserts in. I will be having some, then the rest can sit. Calories are........285 per 6th, 14 syns.

I will be snacking on grapes through the day, and might have a chicken salad instead of pasta. So if I have the chicken, its a red day. If I have the pasta, its a green.

24.5 syns

Last edited:
18/1/12 - EE

The freezer situation is annoying me. I know his nan means well, but we have 9 kievs. 9!! So I will be having one tonight, he can have two.

Breakfast might bran flakes. Or I might make it fruit as I'm going for a nap at 8am, so by the time I wake up, then the repulsion of fruit so early in the day should have passed, so I might save my HE for tea, and have a bowl of fruit instead.

Lunch is leftover lasagne from the freezer

Tea is kiev, with small amount mash (or butternut squash if I can find any of a decent size) and baked beans. Calories for kiev is........361. Lordy. I'll try and think of an alternative that I can have which is quick and easy. I do not want to go down the road of two separate meals.

Or I could do pork loins in the slow cooker again. With veg and yorkshires. Or beef stew and dumplings. Or sausage casserole. Then I can call mum and see if she will take some kievs off my hands!

** Tea is a cooked breakfast :) 2x WW sausages - 1, trimmed bacon, tinned toms, baked beans, SW fried egg and a WM roll toasted. If I use the roll as a HE, then I might have a cheeky hash brown too, or some black pudding, or a small slice of fudge cake.....If I don't use it as a HE, then I will have it as is.

---------------

Grapes
Cadburys rose - 2

Leftover mince and baked bean lasagne
Apple
Graze punnet (cranberries, almonds, choc drops and toffee pieces) - 9

Cooked breakfast: 2x WW sausages - 1, trimmed bacon, baked beans, tinned tomatoes, SW fried egg, low fat cheese - HE, WM roll - HE. Gonna swerve the hashbrowns I think, there's enough food there as it is!
Options - 2

If I stick to it, then that is my first 100% day this week :)

14 syns

Last edited:
19/1/12 - red

Today is takeaway day. I will be having a grilled chicken kebab with salad. End of :D

Bran flakes & milk - HE & HE
Graze toffee apple dip - 3
Cadburys rose - 2
Small piece flapjack - 3

Chicken salad (chicken breast, lettuce, beetroot) - 2 syns for dressing

Grilled chicken kebab and salad - HE

Last edited:
Friday..........

Tomato pasta bake with salad - HE for cheese (get me for good choices!)

Tandoori chicken bites, 5 mini cheesecakes from Iceland! - about 15 syns :(

21/1/12 - Red

Went to a wedding fayre today with mother. Joys. It was useless!

Toasted teacake with jam - about 10 :(
Cheese and ham toastie - HE & HE
Rainbow drops - 6 :(

Chicken Fajitas - 21 :cry:

Last edited:
------------------ the line under yesterday, lets prepare for a gain!

22/1/12 - red

WM roll with bacon and low fat cheese - HE & HE
Leftover Rainbow Drops - 1.5
Chicken salad - 2 for dressing
Beef stew (beef, carrots, onions, oxo, tinned toms, trimmed bacon, rosemary)
Dumplings - 8

Useless week. Really need to get my head back into the game. So Monday is a fresh start. I know, cliche, but there you go. Trying to still work out what upsets my stomach, and so far its either white bread or garlic, and potatoes. For all I know, it might also be pasta, in which case, bang goes green days!

Last edited:
Pound on again this week. Well deserved. I started out so positive on Tuesday, then just simply gave in. But I have admitted to it now, and I think I am going to take a monthly approach, rather than a weekly. So I will weigh in next Tuesday, 31st, then weigh in at the end of each month. I've decided this approach as I am currently looking at 1lb a month, so this weekly thing is simply getting me down, as I am paranoid about losing too much before 'the wedding', and then getting in a flap about keeping it off! Silly I know. But then I worry that I'll have the mental attitude of "got ages yet", then the months fly by, and I remain as a blob. So 1lb a month, and I'll be happy. 2lb a month, I'll still be happy I think, but a little worried. 0.5lb a month, I'll be miffed. Nothing, I'll be a bit bummed. A gain, I'll be having a massive rethink!

Yesterday I had a proper binge, to the point where I made myself ill. We're talking chocolate, wine, pizza, chips, profiteroles etc etc. Got it out my system, enjoyed it at the time, paying for it today, so back on board!

25/1/12

Am gonna try and cut chocolate out this week. I never used to eat it, but it has started creeping back into my daily diet, so I need to get shot of it as best I can.

Pasta pack

Graze oatcakes - 5.5

Maggi chicken with peppers, onions and savoury rice - 2 for the bag

Ok, so I didn't skin the drumsticks, but also didn't eat all the skin. So lets say......6 syns for 2 drumsticks and some chicken leg. And I resisted the caramel dessert :)

****this might be my first 100% day in yonks!****

Last edited:
26/1/12

Not having a takeaway tonight, I'm gonna do Indian instead.

Dunno what to do for breakfast. If I go green, then I have 2 HE to use, so could have my usual bran flakes. Can't go red, and if I go HE, then I have one, so could have WM pitta with chicken. Or I could be super good, and have a bowl of fruit. Hmmmm. Might have the fruit. Then if I get snacky between early lunch and late tea, I have at least one HE to go at.

Out for lunch, so having a jacket potato with beans and cheese :) Also got two chicken drumsticks in the fridge which need cooking and eating before they go funky.

Tea is going to be chicken tikka massala. Chicken is free (or HE on green), boiled rice is free, need to syn the sauce, and the bhajis. Not making any from scratch as got an appointment at the college at 5:30, and the few times I have made bhajis, they have been a total waste of time. Also bought naans, but I will only have a small piece, if any at all.

-------------

Graze mini flapjack - 4
Grapes

Jacket potato with cheese and beans - HE

Chicken tikka massala - 8?
Boiled rice
Onion bhajis - 6

Last edited:
27/1/12

Breakfast was a 6" sub from Subway - WM bread with bacon, omelette, sausage and a slice of cheese.

Lunch was skipped

Tea was 3 KFC chicken strips, baked beans, and a small fries.

Not great, but I'm ok with it :)

Back