Tipperary wobbles into 2024

0.6kg off already brilliant! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Thanks for the link to the food dairy, I will definitely follow - I am so nosy and love to see what people are eating :D

Definitely off to a good start - and well done on the erm windiness :D. Had the same problem myself today after oats for brekkie :classic_roll_eyes:

Was goodish today, once again 3 vegan homemade meals ( except for the free range egg white in the quorn which in wont get overly worried about) but also had a nakd bar and a packet of crisps...both greed rather than hunger.
Still happy enough. I'm trying to drink water but find it makes me a bit uncomfortable and finding it easier to drink lots of herbal tea. I bought some nice green teas in France and make a big pot in the morning and then just drink it through the day...being cold doesn't bother me

Last edited:
Also love the idea of making a big pot of tea in the morning and drinking throughout the day!

Another bit down today... Fingers crossed all will be good for tomorrows official weigh in.
I did have a teeny chocolate last night, a free one that came with a coffee in France from a posh cafe. Very small and only realised it have coffee grains in it when I ate it.
Eating porridge quick as I have to drop daughter to town. I'm bringing Oscar and the buggy and will take him for a walk while she is busy, it means I wont just be hanging around and then going for a walk later.

I did have a teeny chocolate last night, a free one that came with a coffee in France from a posh cafe. Very small and only realised it have coffee grains in it when I ate it..

Well of course that means that it doesn't count :).

Good luck for tomorrow, all looking good!

Just in and having a pre lunch of soup and crackers. Took baby and buggy for a swift 3km walk around town and we stopped in the community garden. It was very cold and just in and was starving. I didn't want to nibble while getting lunch ready so about half a bowl of veg soup was left so had it with 3 crackettes. Will do dishes and then have proper lunch. I'm going to make more soup too as it is great emergency food and only has veg in it, no fat at all.

Looking for comfort/reward/treat eating suggestions

You know when you get a big household chore done and you sit down to coffee and cake. Or its miserable out and you curl up with chocolate. Or you light the fire and chill out a movie on and have wine and crisps???

Well that's what I need to replace...any suggestions?

The simplest one is to avoid the situation and if you are really busy or the weather is good and you can just go out then you can avoid that.
But today is cold and very foggy and for some reason I am exhausted (darling husband too) and it really is a day for curling up on the couch with Netflix and something nice to eat, that satisfying crunch of a biscuit or the luscious melthing chocolate or the lovely mellow feeling from great red wine.

What can replace that and is diet friendly.

Looks great thanks. I actually found a graze box with toasted edame, chickpeas and cashews. The box was 28g but I ate less than 20 as some of them are too hard to eat.

Morning all...official weigh in this morning and I am exactly 75kg. That's 1.3kg down since Tuesday but still 400g up since after Xmas start. My target for today was 73kg, that was before I knew in was going to Paris. Happy with what I've lost but now I know the hard part will be not to slip back each weekend.
Life in our house about to change next week as we have the first of our volunteers coming to stay. They will be living with us and it means sitting down to lunch and dinner every day and not being as flexible to go out for a walk whenever I want. Hope its not a set back for me ad I really do bestbwhen I can do my own thing.

Last edited:
Today's tea is green tea with rose petals, tastes nice.

Good luck with the volunteers - is it like Farmaway? I'm sure they will be lovely and fit right in to family life at Castle Tipperary :).

Must get me some of that tea.

Yes similar to Farm away. We use Wwoof which is organic farming only and Workaway which is any work. We have mostly been lucky with who we have but have had one or two duds.

Getting the Friday longings for takeaway and wine.

I will stay strong
I will stay strong
I will stay strong

It is Friday isn't it???

Haha i felt the same when I got home. I mean Friday night is always the night when i have some red, isn't it? :D

But the moment has passed. i'm hoping it's just another little habit i have to break.

True...I avoided most of it. The RTE Operation Transformation walk is happening in town this morning and I'm thinking of going with Oscar but would have felt a bit of a fraud doing it after takeaway and wine. But I did have a bit of a compromise and had oven chips for dinner with a teaspoon of ketchup and two kale and quinoa burgers.
The I watched Jamie and Jimmy...I.don't eat beef anyway but was longing for the Beef Photo, the bone marrow and even Waricks Beef and Stilton pie. And then darling husband opened a bottle of wine...and still I resisted.
Off to polish my halo

Back