tips

preetone

Silver Member
I need to kick start myself... I'm eating fewer calories however am not loosing weight, I could further reduce cal intake I guess, but what is safe, and so I wont feel hungry?

I am eating 1600 as recommended by food focus, this worked really well b4 my holiday binge, but now its sticking as is... any ideas/tips/advise?

Hi Preetone, I do the RC diet which is basically calorie counting along with choosing low fat foods. She has a kick start fortnight in which you eat 1200 cals, to give your body a good kick up the butt and get a kickstart to your weight loss. After the initial two weeks you should go up to around 1500 cals to prevent your body from going into "starvation mode" and hanging on to everything you feed it!

It's always worked well for me so certainly worth a try - also try increasing your exercise a little, I have found that even a good walk helps.

Good luck!

The same thing happened to me after a month into my first go at calorie counting. I stuck at what had been working for me previously, but lost no weight for 3 weeks. Then I tried adding some higher calorie days and changed my exercise routine. That seemed to do the trick and I've been consistently losing weight again since then. My ticker shows my progress since hitting the plateau, and not overall.

It's hard for me sometimes to accept that eating more can actually help me lose weight, but it's working.

looking at advise on another thread have realised i eat a stupid amount of carbs, actually i know i have a carb high diet, however didnt realise exactly how much.
also just dragged in the exercise bike into the living room, will try do at least 20mins every day :)
does anyone limit/count thier carbs? how much do u allow urself a day?

I never really thought about carbs much, though I know I must have a lot of them daily because of the types of food I tend to eat. I seem to gravitate to carb-rich foods.

Sparkpeople.com has my allowance at between 170-250g, so I go with that. It will vary greatly for the individual.

Hmm everyone is different I never go over 1000 cals a day the nearest I went was 900.I'm at the point now where i'm actually having to force feed myself food which is pretty stupid but it's gotta be done I can't make myself sick.

I completly cut out bread. I may have a few ryvitas a week or a slice of bread if i'm having soup. I do have jacket potatoes and wholemeal mini pitta bread(80 cals) and pasta. All of that is fine. Pasta is really good it's just the sauces you add that build up the cals. I never count my carbs I really don't think I need to count anything other than the sat fat and cals.I try never go to over 2g of sat fat.

Marshmellows are my best friend 4= 100cals or one flump =50cals.

i have eaten so much today. got 400cals left for the evening if i am to stay at my limit. oh i gotta kick start myself this weekend i think

Back