Tired of food packs...?

kaaate

I'm into week 5 now and so happy with my weightloss so far (-22lb in 4 weeks), but my motivation is waning so much.... I really am sick of the same food every day! There's not really much variety.... I have a porridge every day which I'm happy with and I quite like the bars but the shakes and meals just feel so repetitive?! I hate the carbonara, so for me there are only 3 meal options, which isn't very encouraging if I still have about 8 stone to go... That's another 8 months of seriously boring meals and a crap social life...!!

Over the last few days I've been craving pretty much anything, SO MUCH, whereas up until now I've been impressed with myself with how well I've stuck to the plan!

Anyone else experiencing/experienced this? How have you overcome it?

(sorry that my first post is a big rant... Hi everyone!)

hi there

I hope my reply in some way reassures you.
I went through about two weeks of almost obsessing about food. I'd started off well and knew that this time I was going to lose the weight. Everything was going well. I was choosing not to eat. Then slowly the thoughts of food and resisting food grew. For me, I'm pretty sure it was because I was having a small portion of protein and veg each day (step 2 of cambridge weight plan) as well as my shakes/bars.

I got to the size I am because I have a food problem. I use food for every possible reason. For this diet to work for me, I have to break that relationship I have developed with food.

On the weekend I had one day where I couldn't stop thinking I was hungry and had to eat. I'd been ignoring the voice to buy cheese (a huge trigger to other food for me) and then on Thursday I bought some halloumi cheese. I ate it on the Friday and the Saturday. On the Saturday I ended up having two protein and veg meals and three times the bars I should have had. On Sunday I cut out the small meal and for the past four days I've stopped obsessing about food and seem to be back to the frame of mind I had in the first few weeks.

I was able to resist going completely off the rails. The next morning I got rid of any of the food that would tempt me (that was allowed - chicken, quorn, cottage cheese, the bars that were too tasty and made me want to eat more, etc) and went to four meal replacements a day. With the food gone completely, the stronger voice was the one that reminded me I've had enough of being this fat and I simply have to see this through to the end.

I suppose I'm just saying that what you are going through may not be so unusual. If you happen to be unable to resist the voice/urges to eat, try very hard to set up firm boundaries about what you eat. Then try removing anything from your diet that is like food (carbonara) - although it doesn't sound like you are having that. Remind yourself why you started this diet. Feel the desire to not fail (you obviously have that desire or you wouldn't have posted). Make the choice again to lose the weight. You are not depriving yourself. You are gifting yourself with the happiness you will gain by losing the weight.

Good luck with getting through this temporary challenge.

Back