Title Change! My Journey!

I promised myself I wouldn't weigh until tonight but I jumped on my mums scales yesterday afternoon and I think I've put it all back on plus a couple of extra pounds :cry:

I don't know if its just because I lost the big loss because of the stomach bug and now my bodies getting back what it lost or if I've just really screwed up during the week.

I don't know if I should weigh tonight or not, if I can even face it. Maybe it would be better to know what I'm facing, but then at the same time I wonder if maybe waiting and trying to work harder would be better.

I dunno...I only had 1lb more till I hit 4stone down, I was so excited and now it looks like I'm gonna have to lose it all over again.

Sadly I can't even blame it on digital scales going a bit spazzy because hers are manual and they were definately centred on 0.

I'm still hoping somewhere deep down inside that they were wrong, but I think I'll be kidding myself if I do that and quite possibly setting myself up for even more disappointment.

Blah, this all sucks butt!

:(

hiya hun, (im gonna be firm in a sweet way).
Firstly analogue scales can be wrong too, trust me I work in a post office we have both digital and analogue scales (digital btw are more accuate) weights and measures come in all the time and all the time they are bloody wrong!!
Secondly stop weighing yourself on different scales use the same set all the time buy a new set if needs be and place on same tile in bathroom or kitchen and same time of day.
Thirdly if you have put the weight back on remember you have been poorly and if its your body recovering thats a good thing means your healthy.
Lastly you have done brilliant dont give up dont feel down look at the whole picture you have lost so much and your doing fab Ive read a few of your posts and I can truly say youve helped me on my journey too xx :)

Mayfayre

I agree with Clarish that scales can be wrong and you should always stick with the ones you know!

Even if it is a small gain, it is only a blip and you know you can lose it because you have done so well. You also know that some of your loss may be because you were ill and you would have also lost fluids which is not good so now you are feeling healthy and well again your body has just gained the goodness back that it lost!

Yet again I hope that makes sense because I know what I mean!

keep up the good work and you will do it!

I'm gonna look really silly now lol... I've dreaded weighing all day, got a bit teary eyed when I explained to my sister about the other scales, (cue lots of 'omg they're old don't pay attention to them' comments lol), and how I was convinced I'd gained and I'd buggered it all up and well...generally ranted like a mad-woman for 20minutes in the car. I umm-ed and ahh-ed about weighing at all, thinking maybe it would be better to not know and eventually my sister practically booted me onto them and...well, just remember I do have the good grace to be embarrassed by my freak-out lol... I've lost 6lbs lol.

Umm...oops?!

:D

(oh and PS...I SMASHED THAT MINI-GOAL! GET IN THERE LMAO!)

WELL DONE!!!!!

That is a great loss and hopefully now you will just stick to your scales!

We are all allowed to get stressed about things concerning our weight and that is what this site is about so don't feel embarrassed about it. Just feel good that you lost.

A great loss as well that you have smashed another mini goal.

I have never thought about setting myself mini goals since I started on Go Lower as my weight loss is roughly about a stone a month but maybe I will start to set myself targets.

Now I am getting to the stage where I NEED to buy new clothes, as everything is falling of me I might have to think about what I can set myself and then what to buy. Decisions, decisions!

Thats what this site is for I feel, somewhere to turn when your upset I would have felt exactly the same.
Im close to my sister too, sounds like you have a good'un there bless her, she obviously has alot of faith in you even after 20mins of hysteria down her earhole x :D

WELL DONE!!!!!

That is a great loss and hopefully now you will just stick to your scales!

We are all allowed to get stressed about things concerning our weight and that is what this site is about so don't feel embarrassed about it. Just feel good that you lost.

A great loss as well that you have smashed another mini goal.

I have never thought about setting myself mini goals since I started on Go Lower as my weight loss is roughly about a stone a month but maybe I will start to set myself targets.

Now I am getting to the stage where I NEED to buy new clothes, as everything is falling of me I might have to think about what I can set myself and then what to buy. Decisions, decisions!

Good sense, well done on your weightloss and the fact you NEED new clothes.:D
Mini goals are a good idea you just have that small number to think about makes it feel more achievable, good luck ;)

Ty ty ty :D

Mini-goals definately work for me cause I maybe 4st or so down but when I think I've got another 10st to go...yowsers. That's a little overwhelming, so sod that, I'm sticking to mini-goals. Gonna keep my current mini-goal until the date I set it by, 10th May, if I've smashed it this far, I wonder what I can do on Monday lol... then it's gonna be a tough while, POSSIBLY no AquaFit for a few weeks, my sister has knee surgery on the 12th, they reckon she'll be off for a couple of weeks but I reckon it'll be longer and someone who had the nigh on same surgery was off his feet for 6weeks...

My BIL has said that if he has a car, (just sold his looking for a new one), then he'll take me to AquaFit and bring me home after, (whilst he waits not joins in rofl...and cause I don't drive), so I'm HOPING that happens...I don't think I could go 6weeks without it lol.

I hereby promise to only weigh on the big height/weight scales at the gym for 50p each week from now on lol. Plus, I'm putting the little printouts it gives you up on the fridge so I can see how the numbers have fallen each week when I go to get something to eat lol.

You're all doing so awesomely, I'm all proud and what-not of everyone here...near strangers, but I'm proud...don't ask me what thats about lmao!

Mayfarye

I am glad you have realised you have to stick to the same scales each week. I think the printout is a great idea to keep as you can also prove to youself each week how much you are losing and that has to be great motivation.

As Clarish said your sister sounds like a great support for you and if her OH can take you to aquafit that is great. Wish her luck with the op.

Thanks for the feeling proud of us comment, I think we all feel the same. I know on here I can be totally honest about my weight and feelings etc and I think that is probably why we feel we know each other better than we do.

Clarish

You are so right that this site is a great place to turn to. I have even found quite a few other Go Lower dieters on here which is an added bonus for me as we can share our thoughts.

I really don't know how to go about setting my mini goals unless I set one each month as each stone comes of.

What about other kinds of 'mini-goals' like to walk a certain length of time, or workout or swim or whatever you do, or to get into a certain dress size of have a certain measurement?

In my mind, mini-goals don't just have to be about lbs and stones, they're just something to focus on, to work towards that when you reach it will make you feel good!

Thanks. That is a good idea about mini goals.

I was only focusing on the weight lose itself, which as I think I mentioned I am hitting the Go Lower target of a stone each month. I never thought about other goals! Doh!

OK so I have to decide what I am going to set myself.

It has been so long since I got any new clothes I guess I need to go buying very soon and then I will know what size I am now. I suppose I could then just buy a few essentials and hold back on buying more stuff until I have gone down another size. I just don't want to spend too much money on clothes until I get to target!

When you hit a mini goal do you reward yourself in some way?

hi suzy great idea about treating yourself to the clothes :) my partner gives me the money equal to my weightloss which I stick in my money box looks like hes down a fiver this week:D I buy clothes but not many Im trying to lose weight before my hols in July so Im holding on to the last minute. Tell you what though ebay some of your older bigger clothes Ive made some money doing that x

Hi Clarish

I thought about putting a pound away for each pound I lost but because I have always lost the Go Lower target each month of a stone that idea never really materialised.

I am losing for my 40th birthday in September as I am planning a party and want to show of the new me!

I had not thought about putting my clothes on ebay, probably because I am still wearing a lot of them. Although today I am having a nightmare with my jeans as my belt is now so much tighter that the back of my jeans really does look like a sack of potatoes!

I also wanted to wait until I hit target before buying new clothes but what I am wearing now really does look too big.

Well done on your loss this week...... you'll be very rich soon at the rate you are going.

Well my sister treated me to a gorgeous necklace for losing so much about a month ago and I have a feeling I spied matching earrings and bracelets so I'm thinking each mini-goal down and I'm gonna complete the set.

Had a disappointing WI last night, put 3lb ON...that's my first ever gain since I started...I've had a STS but never a gain despite all the panics that I WOULD lol. Anyway, not gonna let it get to me, nor am I gonna adjust my tickers, (lol yeah I know I'm cheating), because I THINK it's a combination of water-weight and TOTM. I've never had regular TOTM's but they've been sorting themselves out a bit recently so that's looking hopeful and I've definately been drinking plenty but not getting rid of it as often lol, so think I'm bloating on a bit of water as well.

My BIL is gonna keep taking me to AquaFit whilst my sisters off her feet, (knee op tomorrow), so I'll WI again either Monday or Wednesday next week and see if the 3lbs are off. If they're still not, then I'll adjust my tickers lol!

Now I just need a partner who'll match my weight loss with £'s...I'll be quids in! Great ideas guys and WELL DONE! to all, you're all doing great!!!

Mayfayre sorry to hear about the small gain.

You sound OK about it and not too stressed so that is good to know. Come you next WI you will have bound to have lost it again so please don't stress.

The jewellery sounds lovely, especially once you have built up the full set. Your sister and BIL sound like great and supportive people. Have you asked them if they know of any suitable partners for you!

My OH already gives me most of his money for mortgage and bills etc so it is no good me asking for more for an incentive to lose weight. He will end with no money then at all what with the way I am losing weight since being on Go Lower.........

Well I'm definately putting my gain down to TOTM...an EVIL TOTM too :( I'm doubled up with pain like I've not had in years and I feel so blah!

Anyway, won't go into too much detail for the innocent eyes lol.

On the subject of my sister, I'm going to ask you all for a bit of help and advice...for her lol!

She goes in today for her knee op, (may be under the knife as we speak lol), and she's really panicking that she's going to be off her feet for a few weeks and put loads of weight on. The way she's been stressing about it makes me look positively calm and collected and that in itself worries me a little as our other eldest sister has had an eating disorder since she was a teen, (now in her 40s), and the way my sister has been talking about how she's convinced she'll get fat again and practically looking like she'd be in tears over it I don't want her taking an unhealthy view of herself.

I've told her to try and not worry, that she won't be off her feet for long and even if she is she can still eat sensibly and anything that does go back on won't be much and will come off easily enough once she's back on her feet but she isn't convinced. I'm constantly on at her for skipping meals, her excuse is that she's so busy and because she has stomach issues, (quite severe long medical history with my sister, but the pain can leave her floored sometimes), but I'm just worried now she'll start skipping meals because she's laid up and doesn't want to gain weight...NOT healthy!

So does anyone have any advice or suggestions I could pass on to her? Anyone have any experience with maintaining weight after surgery, or how to adjust your diet, (as in eating plan not diet as in weight-loss), to suit inactivity?

I feel at a bit of a loss on how to support her best! Ty to all in advance!

I hope all has gone well for your sister and if she is on crutches she will probably be kept fit moving around on those....

The Go Lower diet I am on is all low carb and I have found the weight is falling of me. How about if she just tries to eat plenty of protein foods but watches her carbs. I only say that because I used to be really bad with bread, crisps and potatoes and I know that from eating those foods that they have added to my weight gain.

Remind her that if she skips meals her body thinks it is starving and will then try to hold on to everything she eats. Believe me I used to skip meals all the time and it has done me no good at all.

I know what you mean about the dreaded TOTM I hope you feel better soon.

I don't really have much advice for your sister. I've not been laid up a long time after any op's and not while I was trying to lose weight. I guess all you can do is remind her that it's a tiny amount of time in her whole life and even if she has a little gain it won't take long to take back off once she's up and about. As for skipping meals maybe encourage her to have a things ready to grab, fruit and veg ready in the fridge, cottage cheese or something that takes a minute to eat. There's so much she could eat without taking much time.

I hope she's recovering well, take her grapes to eat!

If she's had a knee op then she most definitely will need to take it easy and not do too much too soon. Often people set themselves back by trying to get up and active far too early. She should be looking at is as a guilt free excuse for putting her feet up!

The danger I guess is that when you are sitting around with your feet up watching tv, reading or suchlike, the tendency is to snack. As long as she keeps eating well and doesn't start pigging out on packets of biscuits and sweets then she'll be fine. Perhaps you could help your sister out my making sure she's got lots of fruit in so she has healthy things to graze on.

Hi Mayfaire

How is your sister doing? Also how are you?

The comments about getting her healthy snacks like fruit etc are a very good idea.

How about some chopped up fruit salad for her for when she wants to snack. If she is on crutches you will have to have put it in a lunch box type thing as she will need to carry it in a bag to where she is stitting if nobody is at home.

I remember whenI was on crutches years ago, not only did I have to move back to my parents as my flat was on the top floor with no lift, I also couldn't drive! I was desperate as I lost soo much independance for 3 months!

One evening my parents went out and I wanted a drink, well I made up my squash but I could not carry it into the lounge so I had to drink it in the kitchen. After that we always made sure there was a plastic bottle for me to pour my drinks into!

Back