TMI - I need some help guys

lishaa

Silver Member
I know this is probably not the right place for this so feel free to move it to somewhere better suited :)

Basically, every time I do slimming world I end up horrendously constipated which always confuses me because I'm eating so much more than usual & a massive amount of veg & my HeB's too.

Twice it has been the reason for me stopping the 'diet' because I just feel rubbish.

So far I've tried upping my water intake and also tried bisacodyl tablets (I work in a pharmacy lol).

Do any of you suffer with this?
Any advice for me?

Sometimes a massive hit of fibre has the opposite problem than you would expect because it needs a massive hit of fluid to bulk it out and pass it through. Veg and fruit is very fibre dense. I had this problem after a Third consecutive week of daily scan bran. The first two weeks had the desired effect but the third was just too much. Even upping my fluid didn't help and I ended up taking a laxative. This helped but now I have to limit scan bran to no more than 2 weeks at a time. Maybe try and actually cut back a little on the fibre. Maybe use some olive oil as your hex b instead and try drinking lots of green tea. It will have the double benefits of adding more fluid and it's also a diuretic so if your bladder is active maybe the rest will follow. Weirdly I think that warm fluid is better than cold in this circumstance as well. Maybe that's just me!!

Sometimes a massive hit of fibre has the opposite problem than you would expect because it needs a massive hit of fluid to bulk it out and pass it through. Veg and fruit is very fibre dense. I had this problem after a Third consecutive week of daily scan bran. The first two weeks had the desired effect but the third was just too much. Even upping my fluid didn't help and I ended up taking a laxative. This helped but now I have to limit scan bran to no more than 2 weeks at a time. Maybe try and actually cut back a little on the fibre. Maybe use some olive oil as your hex b instead and try drinking lots of green tea. It will have the double benefits of adding more fluid and it's also a diuretic so if your bladder is active maybe the rest will follow. Weirdly I think that warm fluid is better than cold in this circumstance as well. Maybe that's just me!!

Thanks for the advice :)
Is there a particular time that is best for the tea?

Thanks for the advice :)
Is there a particular time that is best for the tea?

Not particularly. I drink it all day but I'd start with a cup after each meal for digestion :)

Not particularly. I drink it all day but I'd start with a cup after each meal for digestion :)

Lovely :)
I'll start tomorrow then. I won't be having one after breakfast though cause I don't have time.

Thank you x

Let us know if it helps!!

Did you do a search on here I bet that question has been asked before.

Do you have a food diary? Can you see a pattern, maybe it's just certain foods that 'block' you up, just a thought.

I did yes, the only thing I could find was people that suffered before SW too which I didn't.

I can't identity a pattern no, I post a food diary on here every day.

I've been drinking green tea as well as my usual water at work today and I already feel a bit less bloated so I'm going to keep trying that :)

Have you tried probiotic capsules? I have a couple of friends who swear by them but say they need to be 10+ billion active cultures per capsule.

I know this is gross but... the green tea has worked!

I've gone through about 6 cups at work today and I feel much better :)

Thank you for your ideas everyone

I know this is gross but... the green tea has worked!

I've gone through about 6 cups at work today and I feel much better :)

Thank you for your ideas everyone

And another tea based success story for me! Whoop ;)

Seriously though that stuff is amazeballs. Which brand did you use?

I don't know tbh. It's all in another language from the Asian food part of the corner shop haha.

Tastes alright though :)

Haha fair enough. Take the time to read up on it and you will keep drinking it guaranteed. Glad it helped!!! X

I've been doing red days mainly this week and have found I'm more backed up than usual, inspite of having my usual amounts of fruit and veg, and having weetabix and wholemeal bread as my B choices each day.

Back