To Nom or Not To Nom

Smeghead

Welcome to the stupidly titled Smeghead weight loss diary. It'll probably be full of ups and downs until I get used to the new style, but i'll get there.

Day one today, found it easier than expected to be honest, though I have failed to hit my fluid limit so far but i'm hoping to rectify that by time I get to sleep. Getting to know what I can and can't eat and in what portions will take some time but i'll get there. Not planning on weighing in until day 7 so I give myself a fair chance before I take the dreaded leap.

Join me in reading my journey if you please, if not then no biggy :cool:

Nos Da.

Day Two

Started the day off with a fruity breakfast so that held back syn points from my favourite cereal, but I actually enjoyed the fruit breakfast more. Lunch time I used up some of my syns by having sausage and beans on toast, but also got it my calcium intake with some added cheese. Tea time was a stir fry/noodle/chicken combination type thing, followed by some nice syn free yoghurt. Used up extra syn points by having a fudge bar, but hey we're allowed a treat right? By my calculations i've used 23 syns in two days, need to hold back for a few days now :)

I also managed to get some brisk walking in as an extra to the usual activities today, so quite happy with how things are gone.

Day 3

As boring as it sounds today has been much the same as yesterday. Started the day off with a fruity bowl for breakfast which i'm still strangely enjoying, as i've never really been a fruit person. For lunch it was a cheesy jacket potato with lots of side salad with a spoon of light mayo, then for tea it was beans on toast. Had two alpen light bars for a snack in between so i've kept my syns to 10 today. However yet again I haven't hit my fluid in take level at time of posting.

I managed to put in nearly 3km of exercise today too so that's a nice little bonus methinks. Got to keep it up and expand on that level though, fingers crossed i'll get there.

Day 4

Despite it being one boring day, and a day of hard work to keep the syns down and eat the free foods etc, I still managed to keep the syns to 10 go me! However being at my parents house today meant I didn't get as much exercise in as I would have liked, however I have downloaded the C25K week one podcast and will start that this week. Weigh in is only 3 days away, and i'm strangely looking forward to it.

Day 5

A good day 5 for me,even though I thought i'd stuggle as a Monday nigh i'm at a class, which tends to offer silly syn points for what they offer. Luckily they do offer diet coke and I managed to survive the night syn free go me! Talking of syns I only used 8 syns today so that's a big plus for me, and I did have 4 meals in that. Weigh in a few days away so fingers crossed I get somewhere :D

I also managed to get 4km of exercise in too, so getting better.

Day 6

Naughty me hit 12 syns today, very naughty Smeghead! However bar that fact, I still managed to drop 3lbs on my first weigh in. Granted it's not a big loss that many people get during the first week or so, but i'd be happy to get a consistent loss at that level to get to my goal. Managed to do 3.5km worth of exercise today, slowly does it. Starting to feel healthier already, but there's still a long way to go. The OH has been browsing most of the night to get different recipes too so we should have lots of different things to try other the coming days/weeks.

Roll on week 2, target is another 3lbs at least :)

Sorry for the delay if anyone is actually reading this :) it's been a very busy week. However i've kept to the rules and not once broke them. Had a weigh in today and it said i've lost 8lbs surely that can't be right, can it?

Back