To refeed or wait?

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Looking for some advice from you lovely people. I've just finished week 10 with a disappointing loss of 1lb. For the last couple of weeks I've been really struggling and finding it harder and harder to stay on track. I'm now running out of the packs I like and still have 2 weeks to go. I'm therefore wondering whether it might be best to start refeed today or to try and slog out the next few weeks. I'd be gutted at having not completed the whole 12 weeks but not sure I'll be able to last without going massively of track and messing up any kind of proper refeed.

So what would you do in my situation? Stick with it for the last 2 weeks or refeed now?

I have been where you are now feeling totally fed up and finding it very tough going when the weight slows down...my advice for what it is worth is to stick it out and finish your goal for if you don't you might regret it later on like I have done. When you have one or two slow weeks it can then be followed by a big one as it is natural to have a bit of a plateau from time to time. 39lbs off is very good for 10 weeks.

I agree, 2 weeks is nothing really, just 14 more days! Don't give up yet :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Agreed with the othes try and stick it out the last 2 weeks, you'll feel so much better for doing so and agree you may have a better WI next week.

I also agree with Mini. You've done fantastically so far. So your having a little blip but its not the end of the world. Have an early night and start again tomorrow with a pma! Two weeks will be over before you know it xxx

In fairness it's not the losses that have made me struggle but fitting the diet round my life whilst on placement. Because I'm doing 12 hour shifts that often require me to be up at 4am it's really difficult to make it work. Like today we had a 10 hour shift and spent the entire shift (and longer) doing a transfer. I did say when I started placement that I would evaluate how it was going 2 weeks in (which is now is) and I'm finding it a nightmare. Last time I did this it was my placements that was my undoing and I ended up living in McDonalds for almost 2 months. I want this time to be different so now made up my mind and decided to start refeed today. I'm dissapointed I haven't made the full 12 weeks but I know that by refeeding now I will come off the VLCD properly and although I already know how I'm going to eat after I have a week to plan to make sure I don't go mad. If I leave it 2 weeks I will probably have broken and then end up back where I started.

I wouldn't let the lower loss this week affect too much as you're likely to be due a bigger loss! Just a thought to bear in mind :)

What is your refeed plan? Are you going to stay relatively low carb and up the cals? You could make it work with McD's by sticking to the low carb element (get a couple of cheeseburgers and ditch the bread for example) and use the packs when you can. You're going to gain with glycogen refill when you come out of ketosis (if you are) so if the total losses are important to you, then I'd wait it out.

I've dipped in and out for basically the whole of this year so far and whilst it's not great when that dip out involves carbs, I have learnt an awful lot about what I want my way forward to be. If you really feel the need to come off some of your packs now for ease, and to see how you get on, then I would defo recommend sticking with low carbing for now. It'll limit the damage weight wise and also make it so much easier to return to vlc should you want to in a few weeks time :)

I've come off and am on day 4 of re-feed, so far lost 3lb! Just planning on healthy eating and trying to up the exercise. I'm happy as long as I continue to lose at the moment as I'm much more comfortable in myself than I was at the start. Just planning on dr beck (slowly and mindfully), possibly Paul McKenna's hypnoband, and using SW as a guide. I need something I can live with and I can already tell my attitude to food has totally changed.

That all sounds incredibly positive - good for you. I did surprise myself on holiday by how little I actually wanted to eat (wonder if Dr Beck has a chapter on Turkish lager...) and was mindful each time I chose to eat. The other day I went for an hours walk at lunchtime cause I just wanted to get out there and feel better, sitting down all day doing nothing was making me feel so congested. I've never wanted to do any sort of exercise in my entire life, so it's all great.

I think we've all done really well with our head work, I'm still doing Beck, I think slowly and mindfully is a really good way of tackling it, great to hear another good story in this vein too :)

Back