To try skinny jeans or not to try

LisaM1977

Gold Member
Well I have been reading the what are you wearing today and am feeling jealous about all of the skinny jean action going on.. The fact that they have the word skinny in them terrifies me enough to even try them on, so I ask you.. What clothes size were you when you first pulled on those skinnies x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't really think it matters what size you are.
Even when I was a size 8-10 I looked awful in them, I just don't suit them, I haven't got big legs either I don't know what it is!
I've seen plenty of people bigger than I was wearing them and they looked fine.

I think I might just have to give them a sneaky try on, I range from a 14-18 depending on sizing on the bottoms x

I used to really dislike them, purely because of the look of them..I now only have 1 pair of non skinny jeans. My first pair were an 18, now I'm in 14s. You won't need to 'squeeze' yourself into them if you buy the right size, just make sure they're comfortable. The only difference is tighter in the calf and ankle..give them a go! If you're self conscious at first, wear them with a long top / tunic? Xx

xJoanneJJx said:
I used to really dislike them, purely because of the look of them..I now only have 1 pair of non skinny jeans. My first pair were an 18, now I'm in 14s. You won't need to 'squeeze' yourself into them if you buy the right size, just make sure they're comfortable. The only difference is tighter in the calf and ankle..give them a go! If you're self conscious at first, wear them with a long top / tunic? Xx

Aah where can you recommend to get them from :)

Aah where can you recommend to get them from :)

I love Dorothy Perkins ones :) also debenhams have some nice ones in at the mo! X

Thanks ladies, I may just give them a try next time I'm shopping x

I love river island skinny jeans! I am size 14 and find them more flattering than non skinnies :)

Skinny jeans are lovely as long as the skinny legs and bum are in proportion I have no or a flat bum ( would love a Jaylo bum wish wish)
Some that fit legs fine have saggy bottoms! Or the legs are so tight everything can be seen through them so I have to take a size 10 although shop assistants say I should have an 8 but as they stretch the size 8 then have saggy knees
So stick to size your comfy in

Also try them on cos I don't have a muffin top unless I try low rise. They need to be fairly conventional with a normal waist in order to feel like they fit. I find m&s jeggings really comfy and because of their vanity sizing I can fit into an 8!!! I haven't fitted into a size 8 since I was about 10 years old.

peacelily said:
Also try them on cos I don't have a muffin top unless I try low rise. They need to be fairly conventional with a normal waist in order to feel like they fit. I find m&s jeggings really comfy and because of their vanity sizing I can fit into an 8!!! I haven't fitted into a size 8 since I was about 10 years old.

Have seen the m and s jeggings so I think I will have to nip in x

Aaah need to find some short leg skinnies, sizes and muffin tops not the problem however leg length is x

I always thought that about skinnies, I live in boot cut jeans, and to be honest the straight leg skinny jeans looked better and more flattering than the ones I had one, each to their own I guess and it depends what you wear them with, which in my case is a lot or longer length tops

I am considering skinnies, my fat knees put me off though! I do desperately need new jeans so might have a gander in town later this week...

gettingfit said:
I like it when you see people wearing them and you can see they have squeezed themselves into a size smaller.The seams look as if there going to burst.
Not just in skinny jeans all jeans.How people can breath,walk and eat in them is beyond me.
I prefer boot cut jeans they do more for you figure.Your silhouette is much smoother.:)

Haha I seem to be opposite mine are always falling down, I always seem to wear a size bigger, but have to admit bursting out of jeans is not a good look... I am wondering if I just have to much of a flare on the boot cut or whether its my height, but bar the fact they are the right length that was the only positive over the too long straight leg and skinnies I tried on today

Back