To whom it may concern

Thank you lady, I have my moments, but when I try and be positive I feel my mood is so much better x

Today is holiday x kindle packed with zillions of books I always intend to read x car heaving with way to much stuff x cottage on the beach here we come x have a few bottles of wine in the chiller x

Hi meg I have just ready your diary and think you are amazing! Your gp sounds really good, mine just says eat healthy and you will be fine but its not that easy! I have onky come over to this section because of susie but now im getting intrigued :). I weight similar to you hun and we will do this. I find atkins confusing but I may look again and buy the book you hace made me think I should try it.

Enkoy your holiday you deserve it!!

Hey jayde, i have to be honest I had heard about Atkins, but had no concept really of what it involved. My GP suggested so I have read, read and re-read and it is so simple I could cry. (With relief). I have also got other books just finished one called pig to twig!!! And it's basically atkins x there are so many versions out there so the low carb way so obviously works x

I guess most diets work if stuck to, It's finding the one that works for you. And from reading (I am 1/3 through lady ( I think She may be susie??) diary and the joy of seeing all the yummy stuff I can soon have its wonderful x I am looking forward to eating and cooking the wonderful food xxxx I find reading diary's so informative it's wonderful x

Had a great evening cottage has the most wonderful views x mountains behind, sea to the front x sat last night with a glass of wine watching the most amazing sunset. Jack at my feet ( he has settled so well it's like we have always had him) x the sun is out this morning so time for a little exploring x x x

from reading (I am 1/3 through lady ( I think She may be susie??) diary and the joy of seeing all the yummy stuff I can soon have its wonderful x I am looking forward to eating and cooking the wonderful food

Yep that's me :D

I started Atkins two years ago and loved learning how to cook properly and using fresh ingredients. I fell off the wagon many times and that was usually because of bread (sigh) or too much wine (double sigh), discovered I can't eat red meat for the evening meal, and worried a bit about the cost.

So what's going to be different for me this time? Much better prep, my lovely new kitchen with all its space and freezer capacity, a low carb bread recipe for the bread maker, a higher carb level to allow some legumes (white bean gnocchi anyone? :)), and a more dedicated approach to exercise. I can't wait to get cooking again!

Sorry to kidnap, Meg - the cottage sounds wonderful, and glad you've got Jack there to explore with you :)

Hi Meg, sounds like you are doing great. Love your posts by the way. Thinking positive really is the way to go. You will be so much stronger for your break up that you'll end up thinking your hubby did you a favour, lol.

Enjoy your break away xx

Glad your having a great hol, you deserve it xx.

Hi, I'm so looking forward to reading your diary- I can feel that you are going to do this!!! I'm starting today too, with just over 4 stone to lose- I'm excited!!! Enjoy your break xx

Well today it has rained, rained and then rained some more!!!!!! Other than taking a reluctant jack out for a few walks it has been an indoor day!!! Son reading his books for GCSE English next year!! When did I become old enough to have a son his age. X

Is it to early to open a wine????

Reading goes on, I have moved on to medical journals!!! I am a nurse so not as odd as it sounds, the insane thing is from 20 years ago it was all how bad this way of eating is, with no real research to back up, now there are plenty of papers with significant evidence to show low carb is how you should eat!!!! Interesting x

Hi Meg, just read your inspiring diary.

Sounds like you have a wonderful, caring gp, and a wonderful son too.

What great advise to wait until your back and then start.

Hope your having a lovely holiday.

There's so many alternatives to carby food like pasta, bread etc.

We're all here to help when your ready. :)

A fantastic few sunny days, sat outside with wine watching some amazing sunsets.. Been writing down lots of advice, things that will really help me along with this way of eating x

I finally finished susie's diary x you should write a book !!! The recipes have been priceless x and belly pork!! Love it x

Had a walk down the front had fish and chips!!! To be honest I always think they smell much better than they taste. Not sure if its because I finally am talking note of food, but felt queasy after them.

Tomorrow we move cottages, moving to new quay west wales. X a week there and then home. Have appointment with therapist to explore my eating habits, and start Atkins on the 19th massive shop on the Sunday then good to go. X

I finally finished susie's diary x you should write a book !!! The recipes have been priceless x and belly pork!! Love it x

OH MY GOD you deserve a medal, Meg! :D :flowers: Well done - and thanks re the recipes, I think I've put most of them on the Just Recipes sticky.

Tomorrow we move cottages, moving to new quay west wales. X a week there and then home. Have appointment with therapist to explore my eating habits, and start Atkins on the 19th massive shop on the Sunday then good to go. X

This is all brilliant stuff hun, you are so going to rock low carb on the 19th! x

Hi and welcome to atkins, you will love the food, once the first few days are over and the craving go, it is easy enough to stick to. Re your son, why don't you start him on pre maintenance, that way what he eats won't be too restrictive, just don't buy anything that you find hard to resist!!

Have had a fantastic few days, weather was amazing, but now it's rain, rain and more rain!!! I have been out and about, picking up little treats ready for the start. Some nice sea salt from Anglesey, some elderflower vinegar, might be nice on the green salad leaves,

Very excited and very nervous!!!!!!! I have a job interview!!!! Next week, it's on a surgical ward.....not done surgical nursing for at least 10 years!!! The hospital is 13 miles from where I live and all through lovely countryside x feels like things moving in the right direction. X also have spotted a little 3 bedroom cottage, close to where my parents live!! But not to close, will hopefully view that next week. My father has offered to lend money until family home sold, mortgage arranged xx bottle of bubbles to celebrate x

Back