To whom it may concern

My diet buddy jack!!!!
image-2550069569.jpg

Just realised I am to heavy for my scales!!!! They start at 21stone 7lbs!! I used my mums to weigh on Friday and they showed 24stone 4lbs. Not sure if I should buy another set of scales ?? Or if I should just use mums once a week!! I still can't believe I am going to lose anything! It seems to tasty.

Oh you will lose weight, hun, you will - I promise :)

Sounds like a really good idea to use your mum's scales - then avoid the temptation (we all get it) to weigh more often. Low carb/water weight/etc - they all cause your weight to jump around during the week, so once a week WI is the best :)

I second suse on the scales. My scales have been hidden (at my request). I have to go to my friends to WI, she usually measures me too.

I'm loving your diary. You WILL see good results, I know it must be hard to get your head round all the lovely stuff you can eat x.

Hi all just joined this site after first day on Atkins , you all seem so good with your eating I think I'm eating correctly but must say am eating loads I thinks it's the fact of first few days when on a diet I think of food constantly . Will state what I've ate today not necessarily at meal times but throughout the day , see if you have any thoughts .

Ive ate 2 Atkins bars whilst craving a double decker that was in the fridge (it must go) flat mushrooms grilled with cheese garlic and olive oil, sautéed mushrooms and cream, sautéed radishes in butter with green leaves, minute steaks fried in garlic and olive oil with leaves, tin of tuna with mayonnaise. 1litre of flavoured water . 2 coffees with squirty cream . 1 tea with cream -yak . All feedback welcome and will be appreciated along with any tips you have, have started Atkins every day for past week but ailed due to feeling stuck/unsure what to eat so today has took a while to complete .

Morning lisak, your menu looks good, just check the water for carbs and citric acid, citrus acid stalls some people. You are actually posting in megs diary, if you start your own diary you will probably gets lots of people popping in and giving you advice, just click on the new thread button and off you go.

Today I had my first session with a therapist, to try and address why I over eat. It was a get to know you session I think, she asked about my childhood (it was amazing) but then she looked at food in my childhood (not so amazing) its only the first session but she has pointed out I try and show love through food!!!!! I am a feeder just like my mum. A lot to think about.

Breakfast 1x hard boiled egg (food on the go app was at 09.00hrs)

Lunch small sirloin steak with wilted spinach, 4 small roasted tomatoes, a portion of mushrooms, and a home made peppercorn sauce (cream and juice from cooked steak and lots of peppers)

Dinner I got some slices of tapas cheese and a Spanish meat platter, going to nibble on that. With some raw cauliflower.

I noticed today that my appetite is reduced, norm if having steak I would have a load of pasta or potatoes, so to feel full without having is brilliant. I have to get out of the frame of mind that to make a meal substantial you need carbs!! X x

Wow Meg that's such interesting stuff about eating behaviour - it's amazing how childhood eating can impact on us years later!

Menu sounds fab too :)

Wow Meg that's such interesting stuff about eating behaviour - it's amazing how childhood eating can impact on us years later!

Menu sounds fab too :)

It's sooo significant! I'm a feeder too - as are my parents.

I have a funny sweetish taste in my mouth?? Could that be ketosis?? I hope so, as the food is way to yummy for this not to work x

Ok job interview later, I am so nervous, was going to get some kind of suit to wear, but the thought of spending money on something that hopefully won't fit was long, was to much for the frugal part of me!!! So this morning saw me acting like a stroppy teenager moaning about the lack of clothes!!! I have tried so many size 26 on and they don't fit!! I now have realised for the previous year I have been sobbing around in leggings!! And long tunics!! Well no more.

Just had some home made coleslaw and a small slice of tierno cheese so yummy x not the norm
Breakfast I know but who made the breakfast rules!!!

On my 3 bottle of water, I have a pounding headache, hoping x 2 paracetamol will solve x

Interview a success, not sure what ward area I will be working, but I am now a happy smiling member of the full time working club!!, the hospital has to check out the nursing register, and make sure my references are good. and all ok I will be starting on the week commencing 30th sept.

Also viewed a house today, my father come with me, its lovely! an old Victorian terrace 3 bedrooms, a little garden in the front, and a lovely courtyard at the back, 3 big bedrooms, a tiny bathroom, but has a bath with a shower over. needs a new kitchen, but the one it has is sufficient for a year or so, its new but very basic. but its big with an inbuilt table. a lovely big sitting/dinning room. its perect. close to my parents, close to sons school, and its within my price range.

my father has agreed to lend me the money to buy, so it looks as if I will have somewhere to move in when my house sells!! fingers crossed. xx

Also today I went into a shop for the first time since I started Atkins. Was shocked at the craving for something sweet!!! I have such a savoury taste normally, I never want sweet stuff!!! I resisted, but did treat myself to a can of coke zero, and it hit the spot. I had a quick plate of chicken with salad leaves when I got in, all a bit of a rush before taking son to his football practise. planning on bacon, eggs, mushrooms, and a fried tomato when we get in later. x

Oh Meg that is fabulous news - the job, the house and the resisting!!!!! You are getting your groove back girl! :D

So pleased for you xx

Last night all I did was eat!! All within plan, I could not feel full. Decided to go to bed early so I could not eat more, and then it hit me that uncomfortable full, over eating, sick feeling. I was so angry with myself, I can only think I felt like I deserved a reward for job interview etc etc. need to see losing weight as a reward. I ate so much that this morning the thought of food is still making me feel sick. X the only positive that has come out of it is I have recognised it!!! So will be more in control from now on! X

Back