Today I am feeling

Caress

Silver Member
In a word, crap.. I'm quite weepy this morning, I've got hunger pangs, I'm tired cos my ds woke me up at 5.20 after not a very good night's sleep. I'm going to my Mum's today, which I'm not looking forward to, as my Mum's main topics of conversation include food and what she's going to have for her next meal. Seems very hard this morning, I'm hungry, I'm not feeling very strong and I'm worrying that I could cave today, I don't want to.

morning caress,

sorry to hear your feeling that way today, believe me i get them too. it doesnt help either when you A) have had a bad night B) have a son to look after and C) a mother who talks about food!!

i know it will be hard but try and keep focussed and stay strong!

Sorry you are feeling crappy Andrea....after yesterdays high, today seems like an anti-climax...

What you have to do now is Focus on the end picture, you know you can do this. The hardest part was last week. Stay strong....

If you can grab a snooze today as being tired can also make you feel yukky. keep posting on here as much as you can and we will get you through today...

I will on MSN for you if you need me xx

Hang in the Andrea you are doing fantastically hun xx Drink drink drink!!!!!

Aw mate - so sorry to hear you're feeling rough. Not surprising if you haven't had much kip.
Might I suggest earplugs if you go to your mum's or perhaps letting your mind drift away to another planet (that's what I do when mine starts going on about food!) - are ALL mothers obsessed about food btw?!lol
Please try to stay positive - I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way.
Love
Tansyx

:hug99: Oh hun, everyone has days like that. Just imagine how disappointed you'll be tomorrow if you DO give in today. :cry:You'd have to start all over again!
Remember we're all here for you when you get back from your Mums, come on and have a moan.....I'm all ears, (not literally, but you know)
:gen126:
Stay strong. *BIG HUGS*

These are the tough days Caress - the early days when your head is fighting with your resolve.
Don't give in - refuse - be pig headed!!

Tiredness can erode your willpower big time. Can't you put off your visit to your mums, perhaps say ytou have a headache and feel under par and use that time to catch up on some ZZZzzzs??

If that's out of the question, then don't let your mum drive the conversation about food ... interject with topics about the news or about a programme not featuring food (like the Fake Babies one the other night - did you see it? :eek:)

Keep logging in here when you can for more support. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Thanks to Maggie and Nicky on msn, I'm feeling better. I've promised not to eat before midday and at midday to text and tell them that I can do this. I'm going armed with water, bouillon, GTbags and having a shake before I go, so I'm not hungry when I'm there.

-chants-

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this

Andrea honey, just keep your head in the game and think of that huge weight loss over only 5 days!
Did you eat last night after? Cos although it was only an aam i did this last time and found myself so upset the next day...just a thought.
Whatever was the trigger, we are always here from you to pick you up and dust you off.
At your mums, remember the reasons you wanna lose weight, and tell her that you need her support!

Love Leah xxx

Andrea, I seem to remember everyone telling me from my first time on CD that day 9 and 10 had been tough for them, I was really emotional for a couple of days around that time as it hit me what a long road I had infront of myself to lose all the weight.

Youve really just got to knuckle down and get through it if you can. Use every trick in the book, long baths, early nights, extra water, splitting packs, even an extra pack if you get really desperate, but please dont give up. You are doing so well.

Thanks to Maggie and Nicky on msn, I'm feeling better. I've promised not to eat before midday and at midday to text and tell them that I can do this. I'm going armed with water, bouillon, GTbags and having a shake before I go, so I'm not hungry when I'm there.

-chants-

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this

Andrea, Change the I can to I WILL DO THIS. xx

Sorry to hear you are feeling so crap!Try and remember how great it felt when you got on those scales and saw how much you had lost!You can do it!

Sorry your feeling rough. Does your Mum know you're on CD if so tell her her challenge for the day is to not mention food once during your visit!

Well it was every bit as bad as I thought it would be. She insisted on showing me the food she'd bought when she went shopping and they sat and ate bacon butties in front of me, while I sat and nursed a Leek and Potato soup and wished to God the ground would open up and swallow me. Then they brought me home and told me all about the curry they were going to have for tea and how nice it is. I've come home feeling as bad as I did this morning

keep strong

keep strong caress you can do it, i find i am ok until people start talking about food which makes you think about what your missing, i havent ever felt i was going to have to eat but it just p**ses me off that people know its tough but continue to talk about it LOL. i have never noticed before how much everyone and everything in this world is all about food even the paint i bought for my living room was either cookie dough or potato cake. if you ever need a chat i am on msn also but nicky and maggie wont let you give in lol
Lolly
xxx

Well it was every bit as bad as I thought it would be. She insisted on showing me the food she'd bought when she went shopping and they sat and ate bacon butties in front of me, while I sat and nursed a Leek and Potato soup and wished to God the ground would open up and swallow me. Then they brought me home and told me all about the curry they were going to have for tea and how nice it is. I've come home feeling as bad as I did this morning

Well done for getting through the test Caress. You stuck to your resolve and didn't cave in to food. That is something to smile about today. I think you should sit your mom down when you're feeling stronger and have a word about how unsupportive her constant talk of food seems. Tell her you are on this diet to improve your life and your health and that as a mum, you'ld hope she would understand and support this. If need be, say you'll not visit unless this changes.

Let's hope your mood lifts soon.

Sorry to hear it was so awful!I want to lend you mine,although my dad has this thing with remote controls which I'm sure made me take comfort in food!Do they realise they are doing it and how it feels for you?cause i'm sure they can't mean to upset you.
Try and keep positive and do at least one thing to make you smile for the rest of the day!!

Back