Today's Daily Mail

Bad girl. Wonder why people always forget about me when they do 'the list':eek: :cry:

Wont take it personally this time (like last time and the time before, oh and the time before that), but next time, I might start getting offended :D

Few and far between and are all coincidently have a self employed business out of it. I have a problem with the attitude that people have that they can't be content with a 1/2lbs weightloss a week, that they are addicted to fast quick weightloss that a vlcd (promises) and provides on SS, (i have not got a problem with the higher CD plans), but the 3/4lb weightloss you get on vlcds come at a price (see daily mail) and if your prepared to take the risk, then thats fine. my last reply and comment on vlcds.

I am enjoying doing CD and I am flexible with it, sometimes I sole source sometimes I add more meat and veg. I am so glad I started this diet. I think it is a shame that people who need this kind of diet could now be put off. If I had read that mail entry 3 months ago I would not have tried the diet and lost over 3 stone. I would have been facing another Christmas at over 17 stone. And that would have been very sad. So, there are risks. But so far I have not had mood swings, lethargy or had my hair fall out. My skin glows and I am generally full of energy. That is not everyone's story I am sure. Anyway, I will always be thankful for being able to do the Cambridge diet, but most importantly I will always be greatful to Minimins and the success stories on here, that gave me the will to do this. Many, Many thanks.

Few and far between and are all coincidently have a self employed business out of it. .

Maybe 'concidentally' they have a business out of it because they have been so successful on it and are a fantastic example of WHY a VLCD works for so many people.

Personally Im taking the 'slow route' I dont think I could do a VLCD and if im honest I do have some misgivings about them but thats a PERSONAL opinion and hats off to anyone who can stick to them.

The main thing is we find a diet that suits us as an individual whether its a VLCD, WW or CC etc. Just because a person doesnt like the idea of a particular diet doesnt give them the right to slag it off and be critical of those who do it.

This forum is a weight loss SUPPORT forum, the clues in the title there, something some people seem to overlook.

my last reply and comment on vlcds.

Probably wise!

Ive seen so many people suceed and totally change their lives on VLCD.. i LOVE CD and all you have to do is look at people like Summerskye, Icemoose, Mini, eclipse, and the most amazing KD, and so on......xx x

Bad girl. Wonder why people always forget about me when they do 'the list':eek: :cry:

Wont take it personally this time (like last time and the time before, oh and the time before that), but next time, I might start getting offended :D

you were definitely there KD :) you're just so slim, you had to look a little harder ;)

Debz xx

Few and far between and are all coincidently have a self employed business out of it. I have a problem with the attitude that people have that they can't be content with a 1/2lbs weightloss a week, that they are addicted to fast quick weightloss that a vlcd (promises) and provides on SS, (i have not got a problem with the higher CD plans), but the 3/4lb weightloss you get on vlcds come at a price (see daily mail) and if your prepared to take the risk, then thats fine. my last reply and comment on vlcds.

Its ok.. I have a problem with people who have the attitude that cant accept there are different diets for different people.. YOU think they come with a price.. but really.. what experiance do you have? and i do not find it a coincidence that these people have businesses out of it.. im not even sure what the hell you mean..

Cat x

you were definitely there KD :) you're just so slim, you had to look a little harder ;)

Debz xx

LOL.

More to add to the list above. Susan (Mary Poppins) and Porgeous.
Few and far between and are all coincidently have a self employed business out of it.
As someone said a while ago, "if you trust it, and believe in it, why aren't you a CDC KD?" Good point I thought. It was time for me to help some others with their dreams. I'd had 3 years of goal before decided as I mentioned on another thread.

BTW, neither porgeous or mary poppins are CDCs.

Just had to clear that up :D

I was wondering where this thread had gone........ hahah. I couldn't find it, obviously, it had been moved.

Most of what I feel has already been said but I agree with ??(not sure who said it) up here that everyone loses weight in a different matter. If you do not agree with the way they do it, that's fine as we all have our different views and thoughts. Just don't flame people or spray constant topics / posts about the terrible side affects that have in no way been scientifically proven.

Everyone does it in their own way and I think a mayor part of this forum is respect for everyone and how they wish to loose weight. We all struggle with our weight and our weightloss and we all choose the plan that we think is best for us.

I have done lots of research on VLCD's before starting CD and I have tried other diets but I find that at that moment, cutting all food was necessary for me to succeed.

Guess it's a bit pointless to still post all that but okay :$

Thanks! :)

xxx Lostris

I lost my weight with CD and have had no after effects I eat a sensible diet with the added treat thrown in (alcohol mainly... hic:D)

I had a bad association with food pre diet and was a binger. I thank CD for what it's done for me. I lost the weight and with stabilisation plans I learnt what a healthy diet was! Once slim I realised I had to do something about my addictions, I sought help and am now slim and healthy with a healthy attitude.

If I hadn't have tried a VLCD I would still be overweight, still be binging and probably at my age have developed a medical condition related to my weight and eating habits.

So CD did the opposite to what the papers have reported. Instead of developing an eating disorder or a medical condition, I got rid of mine:D;)

I'm also very proud to be a CDC too:cool:

Tracey
x

my reply got deleted, quels suprise!
Its seems pointless to make the point again, but I have to, I suppose. The succcess stories on here are all CD councellors. lets hear from a longterm success story of woman (more than 7stone) who hasn't turned into a CD councellor, any takers? Then maybe i will be impressed?

Ok so if the daily mail have made terrible inaccurate slurs on vlcds...... they should be an apology imminent then, surely? Surely there will be action against the paper for printing supposed lies? Common Ladies..... don't think a civil suit is gonna happen, so there really is fire where there is smoke, dontcha think?

Its seems pointless to make the point again, but I have to, I suppose. The succcess stories on here are all CD councellors. lets hear from a longterm success story of woman (more than 7stone) who hasn't turned into a CD councellor, any takers? Then maybe i will be impressed?

Eclipse ... 8 stone - impressed now??!

i thought above was your last comment on vlcds?

Cherry also said she was goiing to DH and leaving us ....:break_diet:

The only reason more people don't get sick on VLCDS is because most people cheat on it (whether they admit it to you or not). Those cheats provide them with a bit more calories and protein (usually they cheat by having high fat/low carb foods so it doesn't take them out of 'ketosis'). If everyone single person who stuck with VLCD did it without cheating you'd see hundreds if not thousands of sick people from it. A liquid diet should only be administered by a hospital and doctors as a last resort, not by 'trained counsellors' who are in it for the money.

Cherry is waiting for a 'how dare you...say we're in it for the money' ;) at least the pharmacies that dish out lipotrim are honest about the money making aspect, lol

you can think of only one flirty....gee wiz i am impressed

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what part of 'support forum' you are missing? You are now starting, in my opinion to attack people on here. I don't believe that is warrented at all and I for one would like you to stop. My best friend did Slimming World, lost 8 stone in one year and still ended up having her gallbladder removed - there are side effects to everything. I would also like to point out that if VLCDs were ineffective, Hope hospital would not have the one of the longest waiting lists to get to it's clinic.

Eclipse ... 8 stone - impressed now??!

Obviously not :D

The only reason more people don't get sick on VLCDS is because most people cheat on it (whether they admit it to you or not). Those cheats provide them with a bit more calories and protein (usually they cheat by having high fat/low carb foods so it doesn't take them out of 'ketosis'). If everyone single person who stuck with VLCD did it without cheating you'd see hundreds if not thousands of sick people from it. A liquid diet should only be administered by a hospital and doctors as a last resort, not by 'trained counsellors' who are in it for the money.

Cherry is waiting for a 'how dare you...say we're in it for the money' ;) at least the pharmacies that dish out lipotrim are honest about the money making aspect, lol

I trust your gym instructor doesn't get paid? Nor your doctor? And you get your food from the supermarkets free? You don't pay for SW as their consultant does it for free? Gee. Yes that impresses me. Tell me your secret.

Personally, I think you have a nerve coming onto a forum that was started by a VLCDer to support people doing VLCDs and knocking the diet.

you can think of only one flirty....gee wiz i am impressed

Most people move away from the forum once they get to goal regardless of which diet they do. Can you name one other longtermer on here from any other way of weight reduction??

Cherry ok clearly youre not a fan of VLCDs thats fine, thats your perogative and youre entitled to your opinion same as the rest of us. But your inscessant critisicm of it and those who do it, and to other posters here is just downright rude.

I think youve made your point - loud and clear, your posts are now becoming rude and personal. Maybe its time you went with the comment you made yesterday and make it your last post on VLCDs.

Obviously not :D

I trust your gym instructor doesn't get paid? Nor your doctor? And you get your food from the supermarkets free? You don't pay for SW as their consultant does it for free? Gee. Yes that impresses me. Tell me your secret.

Most people move away from the forum once they get to goal regardless of which diet they do. Can you name one other longtermer on here from any other way of weight reduction??

At least from SW gym instructors and supermarkets you get value for money spent, I go to SW pay £4.50 to make friends, not for the diet really, I am just carrying on what i am doing.

As for people leaving the site and moving on mmmm how convienent of them.

I have not mean't to be rude, of course it is up to people how they lose weight, but to flaunt huge weekly weightlosses in front of others who want to lose weight a normally like 2lbs a week, it really does make you feel that a 2lb weekly weightloss is sh*t, and not good enough. Its really hard to stick to a healthy diet and eat less, i clock up roughly the calories i eat during the day and when I think I have eaten 1500/1600cals I stop eating, that is my secret to have dropped just over 3 stones in 3 months, but anyway i have gone over to discovery health, and it is much better and not one sided.

And here was me thinking we'd all lost our Cherry ;)

Just goes to show how wrong I can be eh? :rolleyes:

I so want to say "We should be so lucky" but that is not at all supportive and very rude so I wont:cool:

Back