Today's Daily Mail

my reply got deleted, quels suprise!
Its seems pointless to make the point again, but I have to, I suppose. The succcess stories on here are all CD councellors. lets hear from a longterm success story of woman (more than 7stone) who hasn't turned into a CD councellor, any takers? Then maybe i will be impressed?

Ok so if the daily mail have made terrible inaccurate slurs on vlcds...... they should be an apology imminent then, surely? Surely there will be action against the paper for printing supposed lies? Common Ladies..... don't think a civil suit is gonna happen, so there really is fire where there is smoke, dontcha think?

read the evidence on lighterlife.com

I am no cdc or llc and I am no woman, but I have been successful on a VLCD.

By the way - I have a nice pile of leaves smoking in the garden at the moment - no fire there either...

The only reason more people don't get sick on VLCDS is because most people cheat on it (whether they admit it to you or not). Those cheats provide them with a bit more calories and protein (usually they cheat by having high fat/low carb foods so it doesn't take them out of 'ketosis'). If everyone single person who stuck with VLCD did it without cheating you'd see hundreds if not thousands of sick people from it. A liquid diet should only be administered by a hospital and doctors as a last resort, not by 'trained counsellors' who are in it for the money.

What a load of old rot!

Your are an idiot - show us your evidence rather than utter bollox!

Methinks you are a Troll!

At least from SW gym instructors and supermarkets you get value for money spent, I go to SW pay £4.50 to make friends, not for the diet really, I am just carrying on what i am doing.

Why pay money each week to make friends when you balance it out by making so many enemies here?

What a load of old rot!

Your are an idiot - show us your evidence rather than utter bollox!

Methinks you are a Troll!

4 messages in a row and you think I am a troll? you must've been smoking something me thinks.

look the reason why there isnt any lawsuits against these vlcd companies for illnesses that could have been caused by being on 500cals a day liquid diet is because they have a get out of free jailcard arguement.......... the were seriously obese to begin with and these illnesses could have been caused by that, you know what if people with alot to lose want to lose in so fast that its a possiblity that you can cause yourself damage ....go ahead I don't care they are your internal organs. I like my body and well for the sake of an extra 6months which is all we are talking about, I am gonna lose the rest of my weight sensibly. So there.

4 messages in a row and you think I am a troll? you must've been smoking something me thinks.

look the reason why there isnt any lawsuits against these vlcd companies for illnesses that could have been caused by being on 500cals a day liquid diet is because they have a get out of free jailcard arguement.......... the were seriously obese to begin with and these illnesses could have been caused by that, you know what if people with alot to lose want to lose in so fast that its a possiblity that you can cause yourself damage ....go ahead I don't care they are your internal organs. I like my body and well for the sake of an extra 6months which is all we are talking about, I am gonna lose the rest of my weight sensibly. So there.

You say you're going to stop making comments against VCLDs, you say you don't care, yet you continue to post negative and rude comments.
You are a troll. You're just stirring up trouble.

Let it go.

Just replying to your posts - not sure how that makes me the troll here?

look the reason why there isnt any lawsuits against these vlcd companies for illnesses that could have been caused by being on 500cals a day liquid diet is because they have a get out of free jailcard arguement.......... the were seriously obese to begin with and these illnesses could have been caused by that,

So there are no lawsuits for all these seriously ill people that die from VLCDs (allegedly) because they are dying of obesity related illnesses. Your comment makes no sense whatsoever. Surely if the VLCD in itself is doing something harmful, they would be dying of something else?

you know what if people with alot to lose want to lose in so fast that its a possiblity that you can cause yourself damage ....go ahead I don't care they are your internal organs. I like my body and well for the sake of an extra 6months which is all we are talking about, I am gonna lose the rest of my weight sensibly.

What damage are you talking about - again you provide no evidence for any of this - you are just making it up. As I asked earlier - provide the evidence or just don't bother posting your "fat"uous dreamlike nonsense.

Why not come back and post in a few years when you have left kindergarten.

most of us know the risks involved in being obese. and many many people use vlcd and they work. people also use clubs count calories, and wls it is a route to the same place. sadly people will die. whether from obesity related illnesses or diseases of another nature. we gamble and take risks with our lives all of the time. i get on a plane knowing that some have crashed, its all about choice, i am sorry when anyone dies. but thats life. we take our chances and hope for the best.

And IrishMum: actually, that's incorrect.

For someone to under eat, they must eat less than the reccomended daily amount.

So if you are eating 1500, you are undereating by 500.

If someone originally ate 3000 and halved that, they'd still only be under-eating by 500, even though they're eating 1500 less than what they used to.

I don't mean to be awkward here, but who ever told you that to 'undereat' you must eat less than the recommended daily amount is wrong, or maybe you've misunderstood what the RDA is- this is a general figure that is to be used as a guideline- the actual amount an individual needs varies greatly for each person, it depends on height, weight, age, activity level etc. etc.
It actually says on food packets "GDA's are recommended by nutrition professionals for average weight adults. You should adjust your intake according to your own age, weight, build and lifestyle"
To lose 1lb a week, a person needs to eat 500cals less than their daily burn- this will be greater in a 17 stone woman than in a 9 stone woman- purely because of the extra burn caused by carrying that extra weight around. If a persons daily burn is 3000cals, and they eat 1500- they are 'undereating'/creating a daily deficit of 1500cals. Not everyone has the same calorific needs, thats all.

...possiblity that you can cause yourself damage ....go ahead I don't care...

Then why are you banging your drum so loudly, when you don't care if we kill ourselves? Is it purely down to the fact that we're losing faster than people you approve of?

You've offered no shred of evidence for any of your sweeping statements - so why should we be listening to you? What information is it that you have that everyone else doesn't?

You come across very badly here - I don't know if it is how you normally come across this badly. It may well be that you don't care who you hurt, that you just want to push people hard and see if they fall over. To be frank, you come across like a bully - one who has picked a subject that they know virtually nothing about, other than any scare stories they're parroting.

I've discovered down the years that the vast majority of opinions, held by the vast majority of people, are based on the scantest evidence, and argued with the passion and belief of an expert. You're most certainly no exception.

I like my body and well for the sake of an extra 6months which is all we are talking about, I am gonna lose the rest of my weight sensibly. So there.

So when you lost OVER 3 stone in 3 months, which is the AVERAGE weightloss for someone on LL, why is your fast weightloss so much better? You could argue that you get better vitamins and minerals but I have no way of knowing if that is truthful - you could be eating 1500 cals worth of donner kebab every day. I'm not going to take you at face value here, because your arguments in this thread have shown that you're willing to "adjust" what you're arguing.

So there.

Why did I just picture a spotty teenage girl sticking her tongue out and crossing her arms in defiance? No one here wants you to do a VLCD - if I was on any weight loss programme with you, I know I'd have to switch (assuming your online persona is the same as your offline one).

No one here wants you to fail either, and certainly no one is trying to dissaude you from doing things your way (as unhealthy as losing 3 stone in 3 months is ;) )

take care,
Andy

Back