Today's Menu (Monday)

fatgirlslims

is going all the way...
New to calorie counting, so I'm going to post my menu. If anyone fancies posting theirs, that'd be great!

B: 3 oatcakes with peanut butter & half a banana on top (300)

L: Smoked salmon salad (300)

Snack: Soya latte from Costa, raspberries (100)

T: Chicken, veg, new potatoes (400)

Evening: not sure what but have 100 to spare

Total 1200kcal

Exercise: 30 mins of Mel B DVD, which buys me a floating 200kcal if I want it...

Sounds like a great healthy, balanced daily diet, FGS. I think today is going to shape up like this for me:

brunch: John West Tuna Light Lunch (220) + 20g of fruit and fibre cereal without milk (75) + a cup of chai tea with semi-skimmed milk and sweetener + a punnet of strawberries (100)

Afternoon snacks: a braeburn apple (85), a peach (35), couple of satsumas (40?)

Evening meal: 280g of broccoli and 1 red bell pepper (about 150) + Asda Good For You Chilli and Wedges ready meal (364) + punnet of blackberries (50ish)

Treats and other drinks: 2 cans of Sprite Zero + a bag of snackajacks chocolate popcorn (83) + 1 Alpen light summer berries cereal bar (60)

Maths isn't my strong point, but I think that tots up to around 1250 calories. I don't have an exercise regime so I have to watch myself!

Oh gosh Iris. Just seen your BMI. Is this for real, or have you put the detail in wrong?

Oh gosh Iris. Just seen your BMI. Is this for real, or have you put the detail in wrong?

Well, my weight's 9 stone 2lbs and I'm 5'10", but I've never used BMI as a tool, really. I guess it's automatically calculated here? My bodyfat is 26% according to the scale in Boots, and believe me, I'm not a skinny minny. Still feel there's a little bit of flab to get off! I think that BMI can be a bit arbitrary, we're all different, different shapes and frames and ways of carrying weight. I do think it's a decent guideline broadly speaking, but there's wiggle room either side, surely? :)

I do think it's a decent guideline broadly speaking, but there's wiggle room either side, surely? :)

Absolutely. Lower end of healthy for some people, higher end of healthy for others ;) Your goal is .2 over an anorexic guideline.

Body fat scales are highly inaccurate. What we see isn't always what others see.

Take care hun.

Absolutely. Lower end of healthy for some people, higher end of healthy for others ;) Your goal is .2 over an anorexic guideline.

Body fat scales are highly inaccurate. What we see isn't always what others see.

Take care hun.

:)

I think the problem with me is the excess skin thing. I feel like I carry a lot of podge now just because the skin is slacker and softer. So I feel like I need to trim off more weight than I'd strictly like to in order to compensate. It's a pain, but I'm not going to get into silly territory with starvation or frenetic exercise or anything like that. Just keeping my cals manageable and if the scales oblige me, that's great, but if they don't... I'll soldier on!

There's always the fear of slipping back into choc-binging days - but I've sworn I'll never let that happen again. I guess it's a fear a lot of us live with, though. :sigh:

Back