Toilet Trouble

Niamh

Hi all, Bit of an embarrassing question. Havent been to the loo in a few days and although i dont feel constipated there is just nothing happening. What i am wondering is it ok to take sennakot tabs? Anything in them that might affect ketosis? Thanks!

Dont get embarrased you'll get used to talking about Toilet Troubles on here!!!

Its very normal for your bowel movements to reduce on this diet. Think about it, you're not taking much in to poop out!!!!

Constipation can be a big issue on the diet, which is one reason why they recommend to drink plenty of water. LT also offer a stool-bulker called Fibreclear (I think that's what its called) to add to your water to try and ease matters. Last time I was on it, the fibreclear was rubbish. I think taking senna or docusate or similar are fine to keep things moving and as far as I am aware dont knock you out of ketosis. Always best to check with your pharmacist just in case! :)

I think senekots fine....

I reccomend Ducolax though ... they are very strong so usually only 1 is needed but if that doesnt do it then take 2. Be prepared! :giggle:

Yeah you are right. I'm always very regular and I suppose I was expecting to be the same but just reduced quantity:D.
I'll Give the chemist a ring in the morning to check out the senokot.

Thanks Hun
Niamh xxx

I think senekots fine....

I reccomend Ducolax though ... they are very strong so usually only 1 is needed but if that doesnt do it then take 2. Be prepared! :giggle:

Thanks hun. I might chance the senokot so and maybe leave the ducolax as a last resort:eek:

Niamh xxx

Problem resolved

Just wanted to update you all.... I know how riveted you all are by my toilet issues!!!:D
Took 2 senokot going to bed last night and woop-de-do I had a huge relief this morning (twice lol). Feel miles better.

Thanks for advice!

Niamh xxx

Back