Toilet Troubles (warning; do not read if talking about human excretion offends you)

Dita-von-squeeze

Hey guys!

Hope everyone on here is doing super well with CD still, I've not been on here in such a long time because I've been doing crazy 50 hour weeks at work which have almost killed me. I'm still 100% on CD after a blip a few weeks back.

Ok anyway, as the title suggests I've had a few errr, problems. I've tried to tone this down as much as possible.

My bowel movements have been pretty regular and I drink plenty of water (3ltrs plus) but a few weeks ago I had a very solid (sorry!!!) painful one. It's was fine afterwards but ever since that when I have a 'movement' it's been mildly uncomfortable until yesterday when it was very painful and I noticed a small amount of blood. I've self diagnosed and I reckon I've got internal piles :mad:

Has anyone had any experience of this before on CD and how did you get rid of them? I'm due to see the doctor on Friday but I've been reading up online and apparently they can get worse and become the painful external ones which I'm worried might happen. Should I take a laxative thing like senokot or something? And sorry to be crude but what happens when you do take them? Do you just cr*p yourself all of a sudden?

I've also read about psyllium husks or something, does anyone on here take these?

Also, I've just noticed the irony of my user name at this moment in time, haha!

Sorry to hear you're having troubles down there. You can buy a product called DulcoEase (I'm sure there are other brands too) which are stool softeners and should help things move a bit less painfully. Senokot is for constipation, so avoid if possible. For the internal piles, you can get cream with a small attachment on the end and, sorry to be graphic, you basically stick the thin end of the attachment a small way up your booty and squeeze a small amount of cream up there. It works to heal the piles but also helps with the pain. Try Anusol or Germaloids. I'm practically an expert... the joys of pregnancy and childbirth ;)

Edit to add: You can also get suppositories for internal piles, but never tried them myself. Speak to your GP or if you can't wait until then, ask the Pharmacist. Hope you get some relief soon :)

Last edited:
hiya

blood in stools.

first up, your right to get it checked out, however, its highly unlikley to be anything serious.

iv had problems with bleeding, sometimes occasionally, sometimes regulalry, ranging from a few spots of bright red blood to what appears to be GALLONS of bright/dark blood. ok, so gallons is exadurating, but enough to horrify the GP and send me off for tests.

luckily, it turned out to be very deep internal hemroids. they are occasionally painful, but not very often and iv had them for years now. the doctors arnt too worried, so in time, iv learnt not to be either.

i know how horrendous it seems at first, but i promise you its nothing to worry about. see ur GP for reassurance.

bb

tmi time from me too! I have had something similar for years on and off, gets worse when I'm constipated on cd. It's called a pollop or something and anusol is good. I refused to buy it myself, sent the boyfriend to the chemist for me!! Romance is dead in our house.

Sounds like you have a fissure (a small tear) it should sort itself out however due to its location it will sting and nip!

Anusol may help..

Id have a wee word with your doc or even your practice nurse tho if u feel its getting worse or taking a while to heal.

tmi time from me too! I have had something similar for years on and off, gets worse when I'm constipated on cd. It's called a pollop or something and anusol is good. I refused to buy it myself, sent the boyfriend to the chemist for me!! Romance is dead in our house.

I sent h2b out to buy mine too, of course that was only because I'd just had a baby- nothing to do with the embarrassment factor ;) He was so ashamed buying it for me that he rang me from the pharmacy, called me Nan and pretended he was buying it for an elderly relative

People also use pile cream on their new tatoos.. Jst pretend thats the reason your buying haha x

my mistake! It's actually called a fissure that I have not a pollop. I get confused easily! But yeah it bleeds quite badly and stings but anusol helps for sure.

I sent h2b out to buy mine too, of course that was only because I'd just had a baby- nothing to do with the embarrassment factor ;) He was so ashamed buying it for me that he rang me from the pharmacy, called me Nan and pretended he was buying it for an elderly relative

that is actually hilarious, bless him.

People use pile cream for wrinkles too!

Thanks so much for the advice lisalulu, dulcoease it is then! And eyeontheprize; that made me laugh about you sending the boyf to go and get it, I was looking at things on boots recommended for piles etc and I was really considering getting supplies delivered to the house to save the embarrassment of having to go instore and buy things myself! I'd ask the boyf to go and get it but he gets even more embarrassed than I do!

my mistake! It's actually called a fissure that I have not a pollop. I get confused easily! But yeah it bleeds quite badly and stings but anusol helps for sure.

Yeah Fissures are quite common as the skin inside the anus is very delicate.

Its seems like theres LOADS of blood when infact theres not..

Same as periods feels like your losing pints when infact its teaspoons..

Doesn't make any of the two more bareable tho lol

Apparently also good used around the eyes instead of wrinkle cream

yea well I suppose in principle that may work.. to reduce the swelling x

Puts a whole new meaning to the saying eyes like dugs baws tho :D

when I first had it I was about 18 and wouldn't go to the dr as I was so embarassed. My mum went mental at me and marched me down to the surgery to get inspected as she thought I had colon cancer of something, she is very dramatic but it made me lose all shame about that sort of thing!

when I first had it I was about 18 and wouldn't go to the dr as I was so embarassed. My mum went mental at me and marched me down to the surgery to get inspected as she thought I had colon cancer of something, she is very dramatic but it made me lose all shame about that sort of thing!

I was shy untill I had my son and then started my nursing training..

From then on in nothing phases me haha x

Lol lol lol! Poor h2b just read this thread over my shoulder and a) looks disgusted that we talk about such things, and b) isn't best pleased I mentioned him chickening out of buying pile cream for me. Only on Minimins could we talk about such things so openly.

Just remembered when my eldest announced to a packed room that 'Mummy had a baby through her bum, and now it hurts and now she uses bum toothpaste on it to make it feel better!'

aw so cute. I'm terrified of childbirth and all the after affects, god knows what I'll be like when I have kids.

Back