Toilet Troubles

Sarahlou89

To put it bluntly i havnt been for over a week now and im in agony.
Tried scan bran and laxatives and nothing....
I look about 3 months pregnant and its wi 2moro lol.

Any one got any tips??

Fruit! Try oranges, apples, pears rather than banana. Also, drink cups of hot water. Boil the kettle, add to a cup, maybe a squeeze of lemon juice if you fancy, then drink as hot as you can stand. It's really good for bloated stomachs and I find it helps me 'go' when I need a bit of help.

If you need more taste, then try drinking peppermint tea, either around meal times to help the food digest or instead of a cup of tea or coffee.

Thank you so much, i aint had a banana in 4 days now. Been eating apples and pears :)
shall get the oh to go and get some peppermint tea

You haven't had loads of eggs by any chance? I did that one week and was egg-bound!! I tend to spread them out over the week, and not have quite so many now!!

Water - flush yourself out. Ducolax.....senna/laxatives dont work for everyone.....

Best of luck - i am in the same boat most weeks. Its a bloated rubbish way to be :( xxx

Water - flush yourself out. Ducolax.....senna/laxatives dont work for everyone.....

Best of luck - i am in the same boat most weeks. Its a bloated rubbish way to be :( xxx

Yeah it is rubbish...never had this problem when i was eating all the junk food lol.

did you drink plenty when you had the scan bran?? it needs lots of liquids to work!!!
and definately get some peppermint tea!

A tip someone gave me once was to fill up your kettle and boil it then pour the boiling water into the toilet bowl. Let the first steam rise off it and then sit down - the steam apparently helps to loosen things up a bit. I tried it once a few months ago when I'd been on codeine for a dental abscess (codeine stops you from going) and it helped a bit. Going to the dentists helped even more though (am terrified of them)!!

If you want to use your syns try eating a 100g bag of Thornton's diabetic toffee. You should be sorted out within a couple of hours!

Last edited:
I had the same problem a few weeks ago so i went to docs and he gave me some movicol satchets and they worked brilliantly, took 2 satchets first night then two the following night and then one the night after to to make sure i was empty..lol worked a treat. X

Thanks for all the replies :)
Had some peppermint tea and it has got things moving a little bit.
Going to have a nice hot bath soon so hopefully that should help too :)

A tip someone gave me once was to fill up your kettle and boil it then pour the boiling water into the toilet bowl. Let the first steam rise off it and then sit down - the steam apparently helps to loosen things up a bit. I tried it once a few months ago when I'd been on codeine for a dental abscess (codeine stops you from going) and it helped a bit. Going to the dentists helped even more though (am terrified of them)!!

If you want to use your syns try eating a 100g bag of Thornton's diabetic toffee. You should be sorted out within a couple of hours!
Talk about eggbound lol

That's EXACTLY what you have to do to hen budgies when they are eggbound and cannot pass or lay their egg - hold them over a gentle steam to allow the steam into the vent and release the egg!

I was going to suggest the sea salt or saltwater cleanse - works fantastically, but not can't recommend it if pregnant i'm afraid.

Hi hun - I saw a tv programme the other night saying we need soluable fibre as well as insoluable fibre, I was eating lots of insoluable fibre (like allbran etc) and was constipated, give soluable fibre a go...

Foods High in Soluble Fiber

Apple
Cooked Kidney Beans
Cooked Lentils
Raw Oat Bran
Banana
Legumes
Peas
Soybeans
Broccoli
Carrots
Oranges
Medium Pear (with the skin)
Strawberries
Oatmeal
Oats
Barley
Citrus Fruits
Chick Peas
Soy Beans
Lima Beans
Dried Peas
Apricots
Dates
Prunes
Raisins
Flax Seed
Beets
Cranberries
Red Currants
Gooseberries
Grapefruit
Concord grapes
Peaches
Pears
Sour plums
Prunes
Quinces
Rye
Sesame seeds

I had this problem last week - after 8 green days in a row. Switched to red with lots of meat/fish and... the rest is history :p

Is it you that eats alpen lights?? If so these tend to bung me up!!

You can get an over the counter remady - Laxtulose I think its called. I have to give it my daughter when she over does the banana's & it works super quick ;)

I'm the opposite, I've never gone so much in my life! Wondering if it's all the dairy I've been having (maybe an intolerence?) I've had mainly red days this week.

I'll give you a word of advice...
If you eat a whole jar of beetroot in one go, don't freak out if / when the water in the bowl turns red......

ColJack said:
I'll give you a word of advice...
If you eat a whole jar of beetroot in one go, don't freak out if / when the water in the bowl turns red......

I had a reaction like that years ago- then couldn't stop laughing when I remembered that i'd eaten beetroot. The person in the cubicle next to me must've wondered what was going on!!!

Back