Tomato Soup?

Krissykat

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I'm on the cambridge diet but I have been mixing in some S&S products because the meals and bars are so tasty!

I love the chilli and spaghetti and chocolate truffa bars! Mmm...

But I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the tomato soup? Cambridge do a spicy tomato soup which isn't very nice, I find the taste very chemically and powdery.

It's literally just come out so not sure anyone's tried it yet. I think the soups are normally nice but again can be slightly powdery but I'm guessing this might be over come with more water?

Has anyone tried these yet?

I have two boxes of Tomato soup from the LowCarb Megastore (Dietimeal and lower cals/carbs than FMR). They are inedible, to me and I'm not a fussy dieter!! Grainy, lumpy, vile sludge, no matter what I do to them. Might try the Slim and Save next as I'm craving toms!

Last edited:
Me too but the Cambridge ones are naff! Don't need to put in an order yet though so won't be for awhile that I get to try one

I found the S+S tomato soup to be the only product I had to throw away! It was like thick, salted water. No taste of tomato whatsoever!

I found the S+S tomato soup to be the only product I had to throw away! It was like thick, salted water. No taste of tomato whatsoever!

Nooooo! If I crack, you'll find me deep in the tomato section of the vegetable aisle. What a shame!

Nooooo! If I crack, you'll find me deep in the tomato section of the vegetable aisle. What a shame!

Lol oh dear... might stick to the chillis for now then!

You can buy them seperately, so maybe get one and try it? Thats what I did, very glad I did as no way would I eat any more of them! I mean I didn't like the veg one but I could eat it, but I couldn't choke down the tom one!

Might get just a sample on payday x

This is the big plus of Slim and Save as others have noted. and why I'm heading there for my next order. I ended up with 14 of the terrible tomato, now down to 13 and a hard-to-shake horrible memory of 14!

Yeah, a mixed pack of sample flavours is definitely the way to go. The only problem is when you think it's ok the first time round, order a load and then hate it from the second attempt onwards. That's me with the cottage pie. Think I might be down to about 8 now :)

I'm hoping I'll like the meals ordered a few of each fingers crossed.

What consistency do they turn out like?

X

Yeah, a mixed pack of sample flavours is definitely the way to go. The only problem is when you think it's ok the first time round, order a load and then hate it from the second attempt onwards. That's me with the cottage pie. Think I might be down to about 8 now :)

Yeah I ordered more of those and wish I hadnt lol.
The mash is really nice but the mincey bit is horrible, they should just do the mash on its own!

It's funny you should say that BG but your taste/palate definitely changes, right? Some things just taste odd second time around and things like my 'nice' French Vanilla coffee (not one of those sugary concoctions but a nice ground blend) taste incredibly rich now - before it was just 'nice' coffee, now I'm like one of those posey wine tasters swooshing it around in the old bouche making odd noises and strange mmmmm rumblings! It's the little things, these days!

Last edited:
Lotstolose, the meals can be thick or thin depending on how much water you add. I usually add a bit more water than it says and stir my veggies into it (spag bol or chilli for me). Soak the chilli for a bit first though or leave to stand for a bit longer unless you want the beans a bit crunchy.

Giza, yes your palate definitely changes. When I had my office Xmas party I went off plan that night. As I intended to drink I decided to carb up beforehand starting with porridge and a banana for breakfast - both things I had really missed. I was really disappointed in the taste of them though. I had imagined how nice they would taste and they were a big let down. Strangely enough one of the things I found really tasty at the meal were the vegetables. Things that weren't on the S&S list so carrots and brussel sprouts, and I found the potatoes a bit uninspiring and I thought I'd missed them too. Very strange.

I have a confession to make! I'm nothing if not dogged and as I have to have my stuff shipped out to me, which still makes it worth while but does add to the cost, I decided to have one more bash at the tomato! I couldn't understand why just this one should be so awful! I looked on the ingreds and it had tapioca listed- that might require some soaking thinks I? So tried leaving it as a paste for longer than I would normally; added hot liquid slower than I would normally and beat the a** out of it more frantically than I would normally and it was edible! Just thought I'd share that 'eureka' moment! (Dietimeal and not FMR but allowable on 100% as I'm on four a day and that makes up a lighter '4th'). So, I now have tomato soup, though it requires a lie-down after prep:)

Back