Tonight

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by becki22, 8 October 2011 Social URL.

1. becki22

becki22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.32%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    I'm going to a party tonight (planned for ages) and I know some won't agree but I'm not going to try and kid myself that I won't drink!!!

What I'm looking for is something that is damage limitation!! I'd there something that might be better than others??? I don't drink vodka (makes me violent or depressed) and also I'm on a pv day so I'm going to eat plenty before I go out so I don't get sizzled after 2 drinks then through the diet out the window and eat the entire buffet!!!! I'm normally a lager Drinker!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I have had a few drinks on this diet, my brother's wedding last weekend for example, there was no way that I wasn't going to 'celebrate' that! My damage control was to have a PV day the day of, I also stuck to Gin and Slimline tonic interspersed with still water and I brought a galette with me too to pick at and maybe soak up some of the gin! Don't overdo it though, there are horror stories and I am one, one night I had a few drinks for my friend's birthday I spent the entirety of the next day being very, very ill! x

4. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    A while ago, I remember reading on chat about red wine being the best choice if you have a special occasion coming up. Stay with the one glass though ;). You have to increase the exercise the next day and cut out tolerateds for a few days..

5. Teddy67

Teddy67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I've bought some "Big Tom" - spiced tomato juice - not planning on adding vodka to it - just with ice-cubes (and stick of celery if got any) will feel like a real treat.
    Only on PV days of course.

6. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    ooooo that sounds good!

7. becki22

becki22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.32%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    The party is in a pub, I know I'm going to have more than one (I'm quite happy to accept a small gain this week) if I drink red wine I'll be wrecked by my 2nd glass so think I'll go for the g&t!!!!

As always thanks ladies xx :)

8. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hey Becki, forgot to remind you to have something made to eat tomorrow because when I had those odd few nights out I was far too exhausted to go and prep and make a Dukan-friendly dinner and often just made very poor carby-food choices driven by hangover-cravings and laziness! Have fun tonight x

9. StefRose

StefRose Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I tend to not eat much before so I don't need many drinks hahah! Don't follow my example though. Enjoy xx

10. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Just be verrrry careful - alcohol seems much much much more potent on dukan, so, if you must drink, take it slowly, and make sure you have a safe way of getting home.

And lay in some painkillers - the hangover they few times I've tried to drink has been AWESOME.

Seriously, even in conso, one double gin and tonic can wipe me out for 24 hours. Ugh!

11. kathryn B

kathryn B Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(22.62%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Im also out tonight to a safari supper. Im dreading it as have only just finished 5 days of attack and dont want to destroy all my hard work :(

12. CaledoniaDreaming

CaledoniaDreaming Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    What's a safari supper? Sounds interesting. Drink plenty of water to fill up and think about why you are wanting to lose weight. You can have a good time socially and still stick to this - think how proud of yourself you'll feel.

13. kathryn B

kathryn B Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(22.62%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    A Safari supper is where a big group go from house to house to eat different courses meeting different people at different venues and then everyone meets up at the end at one house - great fun!!

As for the diet i didnt do too bad but i had way too much wine so am feeling very guilty and sick this morning :(

14. kathryn B

kathryn B Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(22.62%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    A Safari supper is where a big group go from house to house to eat different courses meeting different people at different venues and then everyone meets up at the end at one house - great fun!!

As for the diet i didnt do too bad but i had way too much wine so am feeling very guilty and sick this morning :(

15. kirsty822001

kirsty822001 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(18.4%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    kathryn B dont feel guilty or beat urself up, its happened and today is another day. Stay focused today and stick to dukan,,plan what u will eat, get it ready, you CAN do it, one day at a time. You have to live as well and no one is perfect all of the time, dont let it ruin the rest of today or this week. Pamper your hangover with a foot spa,bubble bath, film or magazine. Reward yourself with the knowledge you are in control today xx

edit,,then remind me of this advice when I need it!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.