• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Tonight

becki22

S: 16st4lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st3lb(1.32%)
I'm going to a party tonight (planned for ages) and I know some won't agree but I'm not going to try and kid myself that I won't drink!!!

What I'm looking for is something that is damage limitation!! I'd there something that might be better than others??? I don't drink vodka (makes me violent or depressed) and also I'm on a pv day so I'm going to eat plenty before I go out so I don't get sizzled after 2 drinks then through the diet out the window and eat the entire buffet!!!! I'm normally a lager Drinker!!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
S: 10st5lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 23.1 Loss: 0st6lb(4.14%)
I have had a few drinks on this diet, my brother's wedding last weekend for example, there was no way that I wasn't going to 'celebrate' that! My damage control was to have a PV day the day of, I also stuck to Gin and Slimline tonic interspersed with still water and I brought a galette with me too to pick at and maybe soak up some of the gin! Don't overdo it though, there are horror stories and I am one, one night I had a few drinks for my friend's birthday I spent the entirety of the next day being very, very ill! x

elida

S: 13st0lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st3lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 2st4lb(17.58%)
A while ago, I remember reading on chat about red wine being the best choice if you have a special occasion coming up. Stay with the one glass though ;). You have to increase the exercise the next day and cut out tolerateds for a few days..

Teddy67

S: 11st13lb C: 10st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 1st3lb(10.18%)
I've bought some "Big Tom" - spiced tomato juice - not planning on adding vodka to it - just with ice-cubes (and stick of celery if got any) will feel like a real treat.
Only on PV days of course.

Atropos

Gold Member
S: 11st12lb C: 11st8lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 0st4lb(2.41%)
I've bought some "Big Tom" - spiced tomato juice - not planning on adding vodka to it - just with ice-cubes (and stick of celery if got any) will feel like a real treat.
Only on PV days of course.
ooooo that sounds good!

becki22

S: 16st4lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st3lb(1.32%)
The party is in a pub, I know I'm going to have more than one (I'm quite happy to accept a small gain this week) if I drink red wine I'll be wrecked by my 2nd glass so think I'll go for the g&t!!!!

As always thanks ladies xx :)

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
S: 10st5lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 23.1 Loss: 0st6lb(4.14%)
Hey Becki, forgot to remind you to have something made to eat tomorrow because when I had those odd few nights out I was far too exhausted to go and prep and make a Dukan-friendly dinner and often just made very poor carby-food choices driven by hangover-cravings and laziness! Have fun tonight x

StefRose

S: 14st5lb C: 13st8lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 0st11lb(5.47%)
I tend to not eat much before so I don't need many drinks hahah! Don't follow my example though. Enjoy xx

Atropos

Gold Member
S: 11st12lb C: 11st8lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 0st4lb(2.41%)
Just be verrrry careful - alcohol seems much much much more potent on dukan, so, if you must drink, take it slowly, and make sure you have a safe way of getting home.

And lay in some painkillers - the hangover they few times I've tried to drink has been AWESOME.

Seriously, even in conso, one double gin and tonic can wipe me out for 24 hours. Ugh!

S: 15st11lb C: 12st3lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 3st8lb(22.62%)
Im also out tonight to a safari supper. Im dreading it as have only just finished 5 days of attack and dont want to destroy all my hard work :(

S: 17st4lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st1lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 6st6lb(37.19%)
Im also out tonight to a safari supper. Im dreading it as have only just finished 5 days of attack and dont want to destroy all my hard work :(
What's a safari supper? Sounds interesting. Drink plenty of water to fill up and think about why you are wanting to lose weight. You can have a good time socially and still stick to this - think how proud of yourself you'll feel.

A Safari supper is where a big group go from house to house to eat different courses meeting different people at different venues and then everyone meets up at the end at one house - great fun!!

As for the diet i didnt do too bad but i had way too much wine so am feeling very guilty and sick this morning :(

A Safari supper is where a big group go from house to house to eat different courses meeting different people at different venues and then everyone meets up at the end at one house - great fun!!

As for the diet i didnt do too bad but i had way too much wine so am feeling very guilty and sick this morning :(

S: 11st9lb C: 9st7lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 2st2lb(18.4%)
kathryn B dont feel guilty or beat urself up, its happened and today is another day. Stay focused today and stick to dukan,,plan what u will eat, get it ready, you CAN do it, one day at a time. You have to live as well and no one is perfect all of the time, dont let it ruin the rest of today or this week. Pamper your hangover with a foot spa,bubble bath, film or magazine. Reward yourself with the knowledge you are in control today xx

edit,,then remind me of this advice when I need it!!