Too much Water? Bit of Help please...

MissAma

Silver Member
It's only my first day and surely I must be freaking out for nothing but can anyone help me not make a fool of myself and call 911?

I usually drink no water a day... maybe 3/4 a liter. Today I had 3.5 liters in the spam of 7 hours wanting to get rid of the requirement and foolishly thinking Water Intoxication can't appear till after 10 liters...

I'm dizzy, can't see well, feel faint. Are these normal day one symptoms or am I havin a case of water intoxication in your opinion?

As its your first day your bound to be feeling a bit strange.

The amount you have consumed wouldnt be a problem, has it been well spaced out over those 7 hours?
You can still suffer problems with water if you have too much over too short of a period.

You may usually only drink a small amount of water but do you normally have other fluids? Also one of the reasons to up water intake whilst on a VLCD is because we're missing some of the fluids we would normally take in through food.

Hi MissAma,

Sounds fairly usual - if it continues I would be worried, have a pack if you haven't had one recently or divide a pack up and have half now and half in a couple of hours..

Maybe some caffiene might help..

Let us know how you feel xx

I think it is normal, the first few days is always the worst. You are very very unlikely to have water intoxication from 3 and a half litres and dizziness and feeling faint doesnt sound like water intoxication, its probably just your body adjusting to far less cals than it is used to and far less carbs. Dont worry you will be fine, you may feel a bit rubbish for a few days but then you will be fine

Hi MissAma
Too much water and too little both can cause illness. On the Cambridge diet you are asked to drink 4 PINTS (2.5litres) more if you want it. Don't forget you can count your tea and coffee in that amount so there is no need to drink huge quantities, listen to your body if you are thirsty drink but not to excess this put stress on the kidneys and produces horrible side effects I had a client who came from another diet asking if 6 LITRES of water was necessary!!! I pointed to the paragraph in the Cambridge Diet booklet 4 PINTS equiv of 2.5 litres she was quite shocked at the amount she had been asking her poor body to cope with. Just use your common sense and listen to your own body we are all different.
Good luck with the diet, it is fantastic and very safe.
Janex

Hi MissAma
Too much water and too little both can cause illness. On the Cambridge diet you are asked to drink 4 PINTS (2.5litres) more if you want it. Don't forget you can count your tea and coffee in that amount so there is no need to drink huge quantities, listen to your body if you are thirsty drink but not to excess this put stress on the kidneys and produces horrible side effects I had a client who came from another diet asking if 6 LITRES of water was necessary!!! I pointed to the paragraph in the Cambridge Diet booklet 4 PINTS equiv of 2.5 litres she was quite shocked at the amount she had been asking her poor body to cope with. Just use your common sense and listen to your own body we are all different.
Good luck with the diet, it is fantastic and very safe.
Janex

i thought you wasnt allowed to count coffee or tea unless it was decaffinated?

Back