Too much water

interesting, it doesn't say how much is too much. Don't think it will affect me, I struggle with water.

same here i really struggle with the water and only drink the min 2.25 litres a day. And have had good losses...if i had to drink 4lires a day i would cry lol lol

a couple of weeks ago i stupidly drank about 8 litres over approx 4 hours whilst at work (was extremely thristy) & overloaded my kidneys. I was in so much pain, then i couldn't seem to pee it out even after taking water pills. Won't do that again, i just stick with 4 litres per day now....xxx

Hello :)
Just wanted to put my 2pence worth in!
Water intoxication or hyperhydration is a serious problem.
The majority of drug related deaths we see in A&E (I'm training to be a Doctor) are as a result of water intoxication.
There is no specific amount which is too much, it depends on frame etc the important thing is not to drink too much too quickly.
See here:

Water intoxication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:character00264:

blimey when you read up on things like this it makes you wonder of your safe drinking water

can be scary to anyone new

surely your own body can tell you when you have drank enough, feel a bit scared to drink now

I normally drink between 2 and 3 litres a day. I day last week I drank 4.5 litres and the following day I woke up with pain in my back roughly where my kidneys are. Is it possible it was caused by the amount of water I drank the day before. I'm only 5'2" so maybe 4.5l is too much for my body?

What do you think?

Fuzzy if you drank it quickly it may have overloaded your kidneys.... your kidneys can process a lot more that 4.5 ltrs though so its more likely the pain will have come from a very full bladder!
Just stick to your usual amounts and you shouldn't have any probs again.

hi pixie i drink on average 3 to 4 litres but that is spaced out from 6am till 9pm
and i`m for ever on the loo

Back