Toola-Roolas' Wibbly Wobbly diary Part 2

Toola-Roola

Hi all,

I joined this site a while ago when I started SlimFast.

It helped me lose a bit of weight in time for my birthday but as normal, started eating again and it all went back on.

I only joined SW with a friend as she didn't want to go alone, ended up loving it and staying even though she left!

I am very happy with my weight loss so far, never would have imagined you could eat so much and lose weight. People are noticing and paying me such nice compliments so really want to keep it up.

I tend to stick to red days, find it easy. I've never tried a green day yet or EE. I am still slightly confused by EE, though I had a dodgy week where I didnt keep my food diary and my group said it possibly sounded like a EE week. Slowly I am getting my head round it so am going to try soon.

I'm still not great with syns, HexA and HexB etc so am hoping by keeping a diary on here, I'll be pointed in the right direction :)

Last edited:
just had to say keep it up you're doing great, good luck to you on your journey to slimdom
Lyns xxx

Thanks Lyns,

Am attempting to try new things out a bit more. I think I've stuck to the same old things for the last 12 weeks so need to shake things up a bit.

I see we started a near enough the same weight and around the same time. Good luck to you too, wont be long until you hit that number 12!

Lula

Saturday 5th June 2010 - Red Day

B - 1 x Peach
Weetabix - HexB
Milk - HexA
2 x coffee

Breakfast was really late as I slept until 11.30am :eek:

S - 1 x orange
Coffee Light Frapp from Starbucks - 5 syns

D - 2 x Home made burgers
Mccain Wedges 100g 7 syns - not worth it!
2 x Wholemeal Roll - HexB and 6 syns

Drinks - 1 x Diet Coke, 1 litre water
Total Syns - 18

Went to Tesco last night to stock up and while I was there picked up 4 x bags of spuds @ 2.5kgs each. My goodness, they were heavy. I've lost that plus a tiny bit more!! OH was with me, he couldn't believe I've lost that much weight.

Just wanted to share some stats while I'm here -

Before joining SW I was mainly a size 16 but tbh, I think I was kidding myself. I started buying more size 18s and lots of my size 16s were tight.

I took a picture of me stood on my bathroom scales in Oct 09 and it shows nearly 14 stones 7lbs!. I then got slightly confused as I brought digital scales and also weighed on the wii so had 3 slightly different results. I think i lost about 1/2 stone between Oct and Dec and I did manage to lose 1/2 stone with slimfast but gained all this back. So even though I have lost nearly 2 stone with SW, in total my weight loss is about 2 1/2 stone.

Does anybody else measure themselves? In Dec 09 I measured and my stats were as follows -

• Bust 98cm
  • Waist 102cms
  • Hips 110cms
  • Left thigh 65cms
  • Right thigh 65.5cms
  • above left knee 44.5cms
  • above right knee 44.5cms
  • left arm 32cms
  • right arm 32cms

I was about 89kgs then and BMI was 32.6

I measured again last week and the stats were as follows -
  • Bust 92cms
  • Waist 91cms
  • Hips 99cms
  • L thigh 58.5cms
  • R thigh 58.5cms
  • L knee 40.5cms
  • R knee 41.5cms
  • left arm 29cms
  • right arm 29cms

I am now at about 77kgs and BMI is 28.

I also had to buy a pair of size 14 trousers from Next as all my size 16 have fallen off me. I've not got rid of all the 16s yet though, want to drop a few more lbs to fit properly into a size 14. I found loads of old clothes that stopped fitting me and now they all do.

In Dec I got OH to take a picture of me (think I have deleted it though) wearing a pair of jeans (33inch waist) and I couldn't get them up over my thighs. Now, they are the only pair that fit me. I found some more jeans last night and amazingly I managed to get into a pair of size 12 Burberry jeans. I done them up but muffin top galore and very tight but they will fit me again one day!
I also had a pair of jeans that have a 29inch waist, still a way to go with these but the oddest part was my Levis (32 waist) - these were near on impossible to get on so just shows that different makers sizing is all different.

Arrgghhh..felling hungry but want crisps, chocolate etc. Must resist, must resist......

Today has been a bit pants for eating, busy and not organised and probably haven't eaten enough.
Sunday 6th June 2010 - Red day

B - 2 x WW wholemeal bread - HexB
Bacon
Egg
Coffee
2 x glass of water

Again, breakfast was late and then went shopping. Resisted McDonalds etc and come home at 3 to eat lunch/dinner.

L/D - 2 x home made burgers
Salad (Cucumber, carrots, lettuce)
Mushrooms
Jacket Potato - Hex B
Heinz Mayo - 5.5 syns. Light Mayo ran out and I put this on without checking, shocker!

Pudding - Cadburys Animals - 6 syns

Total syns - 11.5

Gutted I have wasted the syns on the mayo.

Am off to eat some muller and fruit now.

Think I am trying a green day today! I've never had one before so not really sure what I am doing. Left my directory at home and could really do with it today.
Monday 7th June 2010

B- Oatiflakes HexB (Result! Thought I had to syn these!)
Milk - HexA

Snack - 1 x orange

L - Chicken Noodle Mug shot - (These are free on a green day??)
Cherry layered muller - 2 syns
1 x orange

Dinner is going to be egg friend rice with veg.

Am training today and have got chocolate biscuits for my group. They haven't opened them yet so I have resisted, hope my will power is as good when they are opened!

I have another muller and an apple to munch on in a moment.

I attempted another green day. Need to prepare better though, loads of meat in my house. I have written my food diary and Will add it later as I am on my phone and its difficult to type.

Had a crap food day, had Lunch and then a hospital appointment. Felt sick afterwards so didn't manage dinner, but did make brownies for taster night! Yummy.

Weigh in tomorrow, am hoping for 2lbs to get my 2 stone award.

Last edited:
mmmmmm brownies! Good luck for tomorrow Tallulah. I hope you get your 2stone award :) Ive had to have the smear treatment too and it aint pretty! hope you are feeling better. xx

Tuesday 8th June

B - Muller Vanilla - Free

L - Chinese Fried rice (leftover from night before, recipe from family feasts for a fiver) - 6 syns

Snack - Kelloggs fibre bar - HexB

I then went to hospital and came home not feeling very well. Wasn't up for dinner as I felt a bit sick but knew I needed to eat.

D - Oatiflakes - HexB
Milk - HexA
2 x clementines

Wednesday 9th June

Wasn't really sure what today was going to be, hadn't thought about it but think it may get away with being another green day.

Wednesdays are never great for me as I weigh in at 6.30pm so am always a bit scared of eating in the day, silly I know but I do try to limit it.

B - Cherry layered Muller - 2 syns

L - Kelloggs fibre bar - HexB
Pear

Then went to group and it was taster night. I had chocolate and apricot brownies from this months magazine, they're yummy. There were 2 lots, one with apricots and ones without so not sure, about 3 syns each. But as it was taster night I'm not counting the syns. I also tried sushi for the first time, it was ok. I would have it again but not loads of it. Also tried some chicken curry which is made from an old cookbook but the girl is going to write the recipe down for me. Ate a Clementine while at group.

D- Pasta (free) Pork (HexB), Mushrooms. All mixed up with Knorr BBQ Texan sauce (4 syns for whole jar but made 3 portions so I'm going with 2 syns). I did have cucumber with it but it had started to go off, and was a bit soggy. Had a small bit of light mayo over it all (1 syn)

5 syns for what I counted plus a few extra for the taster evening ;)

Weight loss tonight was -1.5lbs :clap: So got my 2 stone award. Really pleased with that and hopefully next week I can be 11 stone something. I was 11 stone something back in 2003 after I had my baby so really looking forward to that again.

Plan for this week - Exercise more, need to start toning up. Make sure I drink my water everyday. Eat my syns. They're there for us to have and my weight loss is slowing so I think I need to shake it up a bit and have something that I can cut back on later down the line.

I walked 2 miles today, would like to try that everyday if possible.

I've been awful at updating this.

And tbh, I have been awful with my eating, have been so hungry and want to eat everything in sight!!

Thursday started out ok, lots of free fruit as I was making an effort to eat more, got to dinner time and it went pear shaped. OHs friend turned up and I didnt want to eat in front of him so my dinner went overcooked, then just as I was about to dish up I had a domestic with OH and then didn't feel like eating anything.

Friday started well until I took DD to ballet and was hungry, took her to McDonalds and ended up eating one myself. This week I am going to take something to eat while I wait. McDonalds was ok but left me feeling bloated and awful afterwards so no rush to eat one again.

Sat was a good day, my only downfall was not weighing my SW chips, so no idea how many syns these may have been.

Sun wasn't too bad. Went to Tesco and was hungry so tried fridge raiders which were ok and am I right they are only 1.5 syns per packet?? Also had some ryvita minis which I synned but have just seen them on the Healthy Extra list so not as bad as I thought.

My worst part of Sunday was making Lasagne non SW friendly. I used Domio and I think the whole thing made about 8 portions so maybe not too bad, about 8 syns per portion?

Today I thought I could start to redeem myself and thought I was being good by trying Belvita Breakfast biscuits but didn't check the syns before eating them - 3 syns per biscuit! And the sneeky little things come in packs of 4 so 12 syns gone. I did like them though.

Trying to pull it back over the next 2 days before weigh in. Will be happy with a 1lb off this week, would get me below 12 stone and into the 11s.

Last edited:
oh, i forgot.

Yesterday at Tesco, some of those lovely new Cadburys biscuits with turkish delight in managed to find their way into my trolley. Then last night, all 8 in a packet made their way out of the cupboard and into my mouth.

No idea of the syns, just going to draw a line under it and be thankful there aren't any left.

Not sure what today is, maybe Extra Easy. I certainly haven't eaten enough though.

Breakfast was mid morning, 12 syns for those flamming biscuits (never again!)

Followed by a banana and vanilla muller.

Didn't have lunch as I worked through it.

At home I made minestrone soup, from one of the books that come in the starter pack. It was really nice. It contained onion, garlic, carrots, tin of chopped toms, veggie stock, pasta and some gammon. Had this with 2 slices of nimble wholemeal (HexB).

Also made the frittata that is in the same booklet, tried a bit and it is yummy. Need to tweak it a bit though, add some more meat and other veggies.

Arhh, I am terrible at keeping this up to date.

Well I managed to get into the 11s! Really happy about that, am now 11stone 11lbs. 5lbs to get my next half stone award.

Have been really lazy though, think I need to get back to basics. Read books, write everything down and menu plan.

I keep saying it, but I really need to exercise. I want to feel healthier. I know I've lost 2 stone and should feel better, but I feel the same as I did when I weighed 14stone.

I need my head to catch up with my body. I am still wearing a lot of my size 16s which are hanging off me, everyone tells me I have lost weight but in my head I still feel like the old me.

Whoo hoooo

3.5lbs off this week! I am now 11st 8.5lbs, probably one of the lowest weights I can actually remember being. In 2002 at one of my antenatal appointments, I was about 12 stone.

Can barely remember my weights before that. I know I wore a size 12 but must have been between 10-11 stone. I done a bungee jump and had to be weighed before hand and remember they guy saying "Wow love, never thought you'd weigh that much, you hide it well!"

So, some mini targets
- lose 1.5lbs to get 2.5stone award
- lose 4.4lbs to get second 10%

I have a wedding coming up this weekend, am planning on enjoying it and not worrying about syns.

Last edited:
The wedding was really good. I tried a bit of everything and have no idea of the syns but I didn't eat for the sake of it, until I was bursting which is good for me especially as there was so much left over and thats always my downfall - hate seeing food wasted. I drank quiet a bit though, wine and beer which is probably where I over synned. I'm not worrying about it, I enjoyed it and it doesn't happen every week, whatever I gain will soon come off.

Have tried to be back on plan since but I don't feel that it has helped. I feel really bloated and not too sure why. I'll keep going though and hope it makes a difference next week.

Have had to get rid of a few more of my size 16s! They were hanging off me. I went to next and picked up a lovely dress in a 14, was a bit nervous that it wouldn't fit, but its like a glove. I'm going to visit all the clothes shops and just try on the size 14s just for the fun of it!
Came home and tried my jeans I've mentioned before, they fit so much better. I could get away with wearing the Burberry, the Levi's do up but not comfy and no chance wither the d&g yet. I'm going to get oh to take some pictures, should have done that weeks ago really.

Weigh in tomorrow. I'm not hopeful,would like to still be 11 something though.

stayed the same this week. Am happy with that as I was expecting a gain.

Bring on next week - going for 1.5lbs off to get my 2.5 stone award.

I have been messing around the last few weeks..or not so much me, but my body.

I have stuck to the plan but stopped writing things down, probably wasn't eating enough and had some health problems which probably hasn't helped.

As you can see from my signature, I seem to have been playing with the same 2lbs, a bit on and bit off.

My body must be changing shape though, I have managed to get rid of some more clothes and more people are commenting on my loss.

I have even got a pair of size 12 Next trousers :D It's funny, I used to say I didn't like Next as their sizes come up small, now I'm wearing a 12 from there, I think they come up big!

I'm trying to exercise more and focus on toning up, so as much as I try not to worry about the scales, i know I'll still focus on it.

I have a feeling I've had quiet a good week, and think I may hit my 20% loss. Excited about that.

When I first started, my goals were to weigh around 80kgs and fit into a size 14. I now weight 73kgs(i think) and can wear a 14 so time for new goals.

I've been thinking about my target and not sure what to do. WW site says for my height a healthy weight is between 8st8lbs - 10st10lbs. I think I am going to aim for 10st 10lbs for now and see how I feel and look.

I am quiet happy with my body in clothes but unhappy with the flabby bits when I am out of clothes.

I would also like to get under 11stone by the end of Sep. I have a fancy do coming up at the end of this month, going to order some new dresses - going to be brave and order 14s and 12s!

Back