Tootsie's Management Diary

Lovely pics Tootie. Now I can visualise you when reading your posts and writing to you.

"...think I may have a bit of a taste explosion tonight..."

Yes, you will!

My daughter has just seen your after photos. She says you look really slim and have good taste in clothes - the jeans/top combination is smart!

Hey Toots

You look fab in your photo am sooo jelous of your skinny jeans!! :D :D

It's nice to put a face to the name though, I will return the favour once I start management in about 8 weeks!

Looking forward to hearing all about the spicy chicken (yum yum yum)

x

Here we go, finally found a way of doing it! the first picture was 2 weeks before LL, my work Xmas do...Have only worn that size 18 dress once, its full length so if anyone wants it, let me know and I will post it to you....

This was last sumer in Cornwall, doing the 10 mile cycle track to Padstowe, great fun..gorgeous hubby there too!!

yesterday morning, full of the joys of spring xxxx

Been faffing about on here all morning trying all sorts of ways to get photo's on. I will just have to wait until I get my official LL ones I guess.

Last nights dinner was lovely. Wasn't actually hungry when I sat down to eat so only hasd a really small portion, it was lovely. So many different tastes going on in my mouth I loved it. Got really full very quickly so stopped and felt fine.

Dropped my boy at the airport this morning early and said goodbye, I felt like crying as I am really going to miss him. Thank god for text and msn thats all I can say

Have been routing through the shed this morning looking for all the bits for the car bike rack,mum wants to borrow it as she is goin cycling with all her cronies, good for her. if I am not working tomorrow I might go with them!!

Feel at a bit of loss as to what to do today. Daughter has just been bouncing on the trampoline somay go out in a bit and join her:eek:

Have made a marinade for some tiger prawns for tea. Garlic, parsley, corrainder,lime juice and cayenne pepper, it smells great so will look forward to that this evening with some salad. Healthy food can actually be really tastey, what a revelation that you don't need flavoured oils, sugar etc etc to make a marinade!!

The sun is really shinning here today and it does so much for my mood, I just want to get outside but the garden is still really muddy!!

Think I will do the last few bits in the house then take the dog for a walk and pop to see my mum and dad.

have a great day all, will be back later xx:D

Hi Toots

If you want send the pics to me & I will put try & put them on for you - just email them to me & I will have a go.

x

Well after a day of IT torture, hubby going away and a poorly daughter I have just sat down and eaten the prawns I had marinading with a mixed leaf salad, it was gorgeous. I have eaten to much and feel really incomfortable now, serves me right for not stopping I guess!! DD left almost 3/4 of her dinner as she is finding it difficult to swallow. For a treat because she is ill she had chicken breast nuggets,curly fries and salad.I had to put it in the dogs bowl straight away as the chips and nuggets had my name written all over them. In the past I would have hoovered up her plate and because it was on someone elses plate it didn't count, doh!!!!

Gong to spend some time with her now on the sofa, think she needs some TLC as she has just turned down an ice cream smoothie!!! unheard of!!!

May be back later xxxx

Hi Toots,

Gosh i have to throw left overs quick too....they just seem to make there way into my mouth!

Well done on staying focused, I was really surprised too at being able to cook marinated chicken breast in a wok with water instead of oil, and there's no difference in flavour, it actually tastes better!

well just wanted to let u know I am now joining u on maintainance as i was weighed today and despite eating 3 packs and a protein meal this week i lost 8 of the 9llb's i needed to get me to target! so keep posting the meal ideas!

Take Care

nas

8lbs Nas, that is fantastic, I am hoping for 2 but if I get any where near tht I will be over the moon.

I agree, who needs oil!!!

Good luck on management, are you starting from week2?

Aww poor little love - hope she's feeling better soon Toots .... and good girl you for feeding the dog :D

Cath

Well done Nas that's a great loss, so you're only 1lb away from your target? That is a wonderful achievement - Best of luck to you on Management.

Cath

Thanks Toots and Katie!!

at one time i dreamed of being between 11st 7 and 12...and look where lighter life has got me!!:)

Yeah I'm going onto week 2 from tonight, just gonna have my dinner...Tandoori chicken grilled with salad and raita!

Yummmyyyy....:D

just adding the salad today, need to read the book to c what i can have extra week 2 and will have to shop tommorow n stock the cupboards!

If anybody uses fat free shop bought dressings, please let me know what ones...am really rubbish at all this, will try n make me own, but with 3 kids sometimes i'm a little busy so would be great to be able to have a standby in the cupboard!(sorry 4 using ur thread to ask Qz Toots!)

ok me off to eat...already really late thanks to unexpected visitors of OH!

Have a good night everyone might not be back tonight!!

No problem DQ, I am really interested in the salad dressing recommendations too so if anyone does have some please let us know...

I make my own dressings. I use a quality balsamic vinegar - I've got two types to choose from, and add spices or herbs. My favourites are cinnamon and ginger Can also use lime or lemon juice, tomato purey (sp.).

I'm keeping away from the shop-bought ones at the moment because of the sugar they invariably contain, and anyway, mine are nicer!

Hi Toots.

Sounds like you really getting stuck into management. Coming of the pack does feel a bit like losing your comfort blanket doesn't it. I was reading through the blue book and it says that eating when you are hungry makes the food taste better and its so true. Before Lighter Life I hardly tasted my food, hardly even noticed what Iwas eating but now am learning to savour every mouthful.

Management is definitely a journey of ups and downs for me. There are no wrong steps and you can be confident that whatever you do its in your power to put things right. I have had a few lapses in management but keep getting back on that ole wagon and maintaining ( its better to hang on to that wagon with all you've got though!)

BTW must agree with the comments - you look fantastic - who would have ever guessed you were once overweight?

Not been on much today as have been running around all day, doctors this morning (smear yuk!!), hospital this afternoon, xray as pain in my ribs, daughter off school sick and no husband!!! arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! in amongst all that I have been trying to pack as we are moving, walk the dog etc etc etc!!! Just finally sat down and had some salmon that i marinaded in corriander, garlic and lime earlier, grilled it with some salad and balsamic. All I had had until that point was a shake at 7.30 this morning.

Was really not hungry at all today, not even when I served up my supper. Really enjoyed it though, tastes were amazing, ate it all which I really didn't need to do as so full up now I could burst!!!

I feel good though although its been a bit of a full on day, just watching master chef on sky plus then it is off for bed for me I think...Take care all xxx

Hi Toots looking fab and doing fab
I've been ffafing about these past 2 weeks and popped onto your threa and thought WOW
Thanks for the inspiration knowing how good you look and feel when you carry on.

Back