Top 3 reasons for losing weight??

To stop carrying a small child around with me every day- my 5 year old is 3 stone and that's what I have to lose
To be able to buy decent sized bras (34J is such a difficult size to find)
To stop my tummy sitting on my thighs!

To be more confident in myself, and be able to stop comparing myself to other slimmer people, and constantly thinking my boyfriend must fancy them more because they are slimmer.

To be healthier and fitter

To start my 30's and my teaching career looking the way I want to look, feeling good about myself.

1) to be thinner for when I get married - just got engaged this week so a great goal!!
2) to be able to walk around and not get hot and sweaty after a couple of mins
3) to be confident and comfortable in front of the OH in bedroom lol

Fingers crossed I can do it this time round. Love this thread :)

Mine aren't as good as others, but:

1 - to be able to go in to a shop and pick up a small size in something and know it will look good (or at least decent) no matter what.
2 - to have more confidence. I'm only 21 and I don't really go out much because I think people judge me cos of my weight.
3 - to feel attractive. Sounds silly as I have a lovely boyfriend but I want to be able to go out with my friends and get chatted up and know that I'm not the fat and ugly one out of the group...

1. To be able to love the fact that I've got a JLO bum instead of it being surrounded by huge amounts of fat so it just looks ridiculous (I have a real issue about my sticky-out bum but love it when I'm slimmer!)

2. To be able to go out with confidence and go dancing again!

3. To be healthier

I have loads more reasons but these are the main ones, I just need to remember this if I'm having a wobble!

1) I've been overweight since 13. My dad died unexpectedly young of a heart attack; I carried on gaining weight after he died. I don't want to die young like he did, I've always been scared of dying of a heart attack.

2) To have the figure I've only ever dreamed of

3) To prove to myself that it is possible if I set my mind to it :)

1. to be able to fit in my clothes, having brought bigger sizes & even they are now too small:((
2. to reduce the massive overhang of my belly
3. to feel more confident & wear clothes i like rather than clothes that cover/hide my fat

LittleMissThin 17 said:
1) I've been overweight since 13. My dad died unexpectedly young of a heart attack; I carried on gaining weight after he died. I don't want to die young like he did, I've always been scared of dying of a heart attack.

2) To have the figure I've only ever dreamed of

3) To prove to myself that it is possible if I set my mind to it :)

Sorry to hear about your dad :(

The strain my unhealthy diet and weight may be putting on my heart is also a worry for me... My dad had a quadruple heart bypass unexpectedly 2 years ago and it was horrific to have to watch him go through that, since then I've worried about what I'm doing to my own heart.

1. To be happy. I feel a lot of my mental health issues are related to my rapid weight gain.

2. To increase my confidence/libido (which will come with confidence, and getting over afore mentioned mental health issues!!!!)

3. I don't want to be a Size 22 bride. Size 12 here I come!!

Sorry to hear about your dad :(

The strain my unhealthy diet and weight may be putting on my heart is also a worry for me... My dad had a quadruple heart bypass unexpectedly 2 years ago and it was horrific to have to watch him go through that, since then I've worried about what I'm doing to my own heart.

Thank you, it's even more scary that they don't know why he had one, no idea what caused it. Since then, like you, I've been so worried about what I'm doing to mine.

Here's to us and our healthier hearts from losing weight :)

wishing you all well xxx

1. fed up of being in pain caused by my weight, doctor said it might help if I was to lose 2 stones.... more like 5 stones :(

2. to be able to get back into a size 16 so I can shop anywhere trendy, I may be 40 but want to wear nice clothes .

3. I want to be confident again

Back