• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Top Tips & Must Have's from you experts :)

Hi!

After reading 4 hour body & Why We Get Fat, I've been loosely low carbing for the last few weeks, with great success! :D

I'm a newbie to this part of Mini's, lost 2 stones with SW, then another 2 with CD, put 3lbs back on in the last 3 months & want to get down another 7lbs then maintain. I like the idea of finding your tolerated carb level through Atkins.

I've ordered my NDR book & was wondering if you had any tips for me in the meantime until it arrives? What should I get in the cupboards ready (flaxseed!) and anything you wish you knew when you first started?

I know there are lots of informative stickies and I have read through them but just wanted a quick summary, from those who know best! :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
hello and well done on your loss so far :)
Have plenty of snacks in, pork scratchings, babybel, pepperami :) plenty of greens and loads of eggs. Good idea to have eggs hard boiled in fridge for egg mayo as a snack :D

Hi LVLLT, thanks for the compliment, and the tips :D

I don't eat eggs (puts me at a slight disadvantage on high protein diets, lol!) but Babybel & Pepperami's, yum!! I used to eat 3 of the feiry pepperamis a day when I was pregnant :eek:

Ah eggs are a staple :) chicken legs or thighs are alwyas handy to have in too. Re Flaxseed - ive never really got away with the MIMs but atkins bars (although naughty) do help when you have that choc craving!

I've been looking for an excuse to try those Atkins bars ;)

They would have to be a special occasion thing though at that price! :D

Can't wait to start, can have a tandoori mixed grill on Saturday nights, woop!

Sunday I think, if my book comes this weekend. *fingers crossed*

I have been low carbing for the last 2 weeks, but not rigidly, still having a carby breakfast, since I haven't prepared properly and got the right stuff in!
I was struggling on breakfast ideas until I came here and saw the MiM thread, chocolate MiM sounds gorgeous :D

Been eating chicken salad for dinner & the same thing I've made the OH for tea but minus the potatoes/rice or whatever. To be honest when I eat cereal/bread etc it doesn't satisfy me, kind of like my body knows it's just 'filler' and not fuel. Managed to drop a few lbs doing this but want to do it properly and there are so many things you can have on Atkins it's not like deprivation!

Kat1e

This is for life
Good luck - you'll love it:)

Whoops - forgot tips. Eat legal stuff whenever hungry, always have stuff with you when out, tons of water, be strict for first two weeks to get you going!

Last edited:
Started today, couldn't wait :D

My Atkins book didn't come so I bought the Kindle NDR, (the one I ordered was actually NANY) cheap books on Amazon are false economy when you are impatient, lol!

Had a chocolate MIM for Brekkie but it was a bit dry, maybe add more butter/oil tomorrow. Gorgeous chicken salad with some mozzella on top for dinner and snacked on pepperami and cheese, yummy :D

Hi CoralPrincess, well done on the impatience, that's a good sign!
I add quite alot of water to my choccy MiMs as I found them really dry at first. I use 2 tsp of fat (either butter or coconut oil) and one medium egg as well as the other stuff. You'll find you tweak recipes to suit you as you go.
Enjoy! :D :D

lucy4loop said:
Hi CoralPrincess, well done on the impatience, that's a good sign!
I add quite alot of water to my choccy MiMs as I found them really dry at first. I use 2 tsp of fat (either butter or coconut oil) and one medium egg as well as the other stuff. You'll find you tweak recipes to suit you as you go.
Enjoy! :D :D
Hi :D Yes, I'm keen on! Once I get an idea in my head there's no stopping me hehe!

That sounds much better thanks! I did just 1tsp of oil and a large egg. I'm sure there will be plenty of tweaking yet to come ;)

The rich chocolate MIM is indeed gorgeous. And the Black Forest version, yummier still! You can make the MIM in smaller sizes, using only half of the mixture at a time, to make mini-choc MIMs. Add a bit of low sugar black cherry jam and top with cream and mmmmmm. Such a delicious treat, and all legal!

I make the savoury MIM, too, cutting out sweetener and adding salt and pepper and herbs if wished. I then use the resulting 'bun' for a burger or for toasting or as a roll to fill with whatever I fancy. The MIM means we never need to go short of 'bread'.

Have fun on Atkins!