Top tips to help us through the very tempting times of the festive period

Ms R

So...I thought at maybe we could, as a forum team, come up wi some top tips to help get us through the festive period without putting weight back on for those who will be eating and staying 100% for those remaining on TFR throughout the festive period. I will annotate this first post with others ideas to formulate a total list, please contribute, it will help us all.

1. If cooking Christmas Day/Boxing Day/New Years Day dinner for family, try plating your own meal up first in the kitchen before putting the rest out on the table for self service, that way if you don't add more to your plate, it will help you to keep control of your portion size and allow you to enjoy your meal without the worry of over indulging.

2. For those members on TFR over the festive period, maybe use a posh Sundae glass for your shake instead of your usual tub so at least you feel like an effort has been made. Also try a glass of chilled refreshing sparkling water in a champagne flute or wine glass, something bubbly to join in the toast with.

3. Again for those going to be on TFR, plan some family par games to take some of the focus off drinking which will be fun and also means you're joining in with the festivities, just not the food. We particularly love playing Articulate, it's great fun and everybody can join in.

I agree for us staying 100% over xmas. Im going to buy my self a nice glass for my shakes. There is no reason we cant enjoy it too. I have realised that you really dont need food they way we eat it ( which is too much of the wrong thing).
What do you get out of eating something that is really bad for you? You have nothing to actually show for it, just guilt that you even ate it. It will be (hopefully) the only xmas in your whole life you will have to excuse your self from this dinner. Yes it may only come once a year but ''its all or nothing''.Get this out the way to enjoy your slimmer new sexy life. No one will die if you dont eat xmas dinner!

We can do this girls!
x

Yes Sabrina, totally agree,and we can always have a christmas meal after christmas,sticking to the new sensible eating plans we take up of course.I think I will go on to WW. filling and healthy plan after re-feed.(Jan or Feb)

Has anyone tried the white wine (?) flavoured water flavouring from Kee diets? That might be an appropriate treat for the festive season mixed with some carbonated water!

Back