Topaz's diary of determination

Topaz63

Gone a bit quiet
Finally thought I must do the diary, better than keeping it in a notebook. Should have done it earlier as the rest of you are so helpful. I've done travelling for work or play for a bit so should be able to stick better. I've learned lots through all the discussions, thanks all.
Today, PP.
B. DD milkshake as late for appointment: in liquidiser, 1 raw egg, teaspoon coffee, tsp Splenda, half and half top up milk and water to mug size. Press button, pour into thermos and zoom out.
L (late cos not hungry) DD blinis ( half ration), garlic an herb quark spread, slices of beef on top.
S orange and mixed spice DD blinis with plain yogurt.
D dry fried cod, topped with small prawns and garlic /herb quark

Weighed myself today and have lost another 2lbs so celebrating being under 160lbs! Weigh in day is supposed to be Saturday but I'm celebrating anyway. Glad I didn't do too much serious damage at the weekend.
Gary Tauber's chat site is good. Thanks Atropos.

Well done, Topaz! Feels good when you reach those milestones. :)

Yesterday I had
PP
B Omelette I egg and herbs
L. garlic and herb quark on mini galettes with slices of beef on two and small prawns on two
S Activia vanilla 0% fat
D waitrose game terrine (mistake as had a couple of things that are no nos, so won't again, but very small quantity). Plain yogurt.
Lots of water as terrine a bit salty

Swam 1.2 kilometres in the pm. Walked dog early pm.

Today:
PV
B. Muller lite ( think I prefer Activia or Yeo natural)
L oat blinis with prawns , garlicky quark. 1sweet blini to finish. Tomato juice.
D. Dry fried steak, steamed asparagus and carrots

D.

Weightless stalled because of biltong and yesterday's olives with cheese when caught out with my choir between rehearsal and concert in Winchester. Had taken DD meal with me but went for a coffee and others decided to have their meal there. Should have ignored but hungry and feeling sociable.
Decided to have PP today nonetheless as tomorrow have friend over for evening meal so can do her fish and veg which she likes.

Today I skipped breakfast as I really wasn't hungry and got up late after late return from concert.
PP brunch. Chilled skinny latte, hard boiled egg and smoked mackerel with a Dijon mustard and dill quark dressing.

Snack. Vanilla yogurt with orange sf jelly

Dinner. Baked bream. Maybe sliced pressed oxtongue if still hungry. Oatbran bread if I get it made.

Might experiment if time with quark and choc or orange flavoured chilled soufflé or mousse, could do with finding good pud for when friends come.

Checked weight this am. Still 159 thank goodness, don't want to edge over the 160 threshold again

Hello there Topaz - and some very interesting menus up there.

For ox tongue, unless things have changed, only the tip of the tongue is allowed (as the remainder is very fatty). I'm unsure as to whether you made your "pressed oxtongue" yourself or not.

I've rarely seen people drinking tomato juice (but can't recall why offhand!). Is your brand "ok"? Or do you make it yourself perhaps?

Nice to see interesting menus :D

Useful comments, thanks. Yes the ox Tongue was just tip and very lean but it's a bit salty so I won't get more. Tomato juice: use part from tin of Tomatoes, chilled. It makes me feel as if I'm having juice for breakfast. I wonder if V8 is alright? Must check its ingredients as it is good in soup as well so might help on PV days.

Nice to see interesting menus :D

Mostly inspired by you, Anja and co. I must say that after three days on Attack I was so bored with the food I thought I'd have to give up, but found a chat site on Mumsnet for Dukan. There were a couple of star cooks on there too who set me thinking a bit.

That's what's brilliant about the group here. Even when "EATING" (intentional capitals!), I go for the same boring repetitive food stuffs, so I'm ever amazed to see what some people do knock together, with the ingredients I'm eating anyway (and work full time, have a life, etc etc!)

:D

Yes, Jo. And even without huge amounts to lose we could be on this site for a long time if we see things through properly. I should be on Conso until nearly Christmas, assuming I don't lag too much on the way, then there's Stab too. That's why the site is so good, it's hard to keep going for these long periods on your own. I can see that from your history as well as my own! I really really don't want to slip back and waste the effort.

Today is PV.
B. 1 egg herb omelette, rhubarb Dukan bread and Fromage Frais
L. Chicken pieces with salad and tomatoes, yogurt
D. Remains of chicken and butternut squash curry

I'm going for a good long swim tonight when the pool is empty. Rule is, I don't do less than previously, so min of 1.2 K required.

Good for you re pool at the end of the day... I have to do my exercise first thing, else I'll talk myself out of it!

If you look again at my signature, you'll see that Dukan is actually responsible for only a very little of my loss... but I do like this way of eating, and it's so much easier than every other diet I've tried (errr most of them!) !

Yes I sort of gathered that, but that makes your persistence even more amazing. I agree with you about it being a good diet. I've just finished reading Gary Taubes' book, which confirmed for me that this is a good useful diet that will work if we stick to it. The action of adrenalin he goes into in some detail, and it does seem that the only way to keep it in check is high protein, though he seems to think high fat as well.

Today I had
B. Dukan toast and prawn omelette, latte

L. Sliced beef, yogurt with rhubarb

D. Venison steak dry fried with garlic and herbs on other half of DD bread. More yogurt.

Then the munchies arrived so several oatbiscuits later I made a cup of tea, which helped. A lot of meat today but yesterday was all fish.

Last edited:
oooh scones... that sounds lovely! Amazing how you manage to stretch your Dukan bread recipe to go so far though! How do you make yours?

I use the standard recipe with quark, then add a bit more natural yoghurt or from frais to make it a bit looser, mix well to get quark and baking pdr properly in. Then I use a round ex takeaway pot, about the size of a normal round bap (4 ins?). In the microwave it rises to about 2 ins or a little more. I split it across and use each half at a different meal.

Back