Total Blowout

honey74

The Original Honey!!!
My hubby took me out to the most amazing restaurant yesterday for valentines day and I had a total blow out.:eek:

Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed it and loved every mouthful of the 5 courses, roll and butter, 2 large glasses of wine, 1 of dessert wine and coffee with sugar, as well as the most beautiful bouquet of 12 long stem red roses.

BUT now, having guessed at what I ate to be around 400 syns!!!! I'm waiting for the inevitable weight gain.

Sometimes don't you just hate karma? lol

I hope everyone else has had a lovely valentines weekend

;) x

Sometimes sw takes a back-seat to the pleasures of life- it's not like you do it every day, so as long as you're back on track now it shouldn't be too bad.

I don't doubt you went over your syns, but 400 is an exageration. It took me three days at a festival drinking cider for the whole time, living off fast food, chocolate, ice-creams and crisps for those 3 days, to have 350 syns, so no way have you got through 400 in one night!

BTW - I think the roses are syn free!!

lol thanks girls. I think i'll skip eating the roses as I can't afford the syns for the sugar...lol

Maybe 400 syns are an exaggeration but what do you think this lot would add up to:

2 large glasses of red wine = half a bottle
1 glass of dessert wine
1 black coffee with 2 tsp sugar
chefs starter of deep fried fish cake and a spoon of pork rillette (sp?) with chutney
smoked guinea fowl and galantine of leg and foie gras with sloe chutney and 2 slices toast
caramelised onion roll and butter
fillet of venison with creamed kale, venison faggot, kohlrabi (braised in butter) creamy pomme puree in a wine and pepper sauce
chocolate gateau layered with chocolate ganache and fresh cream, blood orange sorbet and sugar tuille
petit fours.

I was very full after all of that....lol

Let me know how bad you think it's gonna be....syn or weight gain wise (i'll reveal all on Thursdays weigh in...lol)

Vicky x

That sounds like a lovely meal. Very extravagant and probably very pricey so i doubt you will doing it again soon, just try and see it as a one off treat and don't feel guilty about it.
Having a few meals like that isn't why any of us are here. Its the day in day out eating habits that have led us all to be overweight not a once a year valentines meal out.

don't know but it sounds worth every syn!

xxx

Everyone is allowed a day off!! I had a day off yesterday - however it wasn't intentional :sigh: I was working overtime in the morning and picked up a carton of fresh orange juice, totalling forgetting the syn value. It was a lot!!! So, I thought bugger it and had a bag of haribo in the evening as well :p whoooooooops!!

Plus, I have a blow out day every payday - January pay day was a take away pizza, February pay day will be TGI's!!! Daren't ever think of the syns in ribs and cocktails!!

6,000,000 syns lol haven't got a clue that really was a meal and a half was it at a posh restaurant? :eek:

6,000,000!!!! I'm screwed....lol It was a very posh restaurant just down the road from me. One of those places you go for a treat every once in a blue moon...lol

That sounds like a lovely meal. Very extravagant and probably very pricey so i doubt you will doing it again soon, just try and see it as a one off treat and don't feel guilty about it.
Having a few meals like that isn't why any of us are here. Its the day in day out eating habits that have led us all to be overweight not a once a year valentines meal out.

You're absolutely right and it was just a bit of a rare treat. Back to being good today :angeldevil:

don't know but it sounds worth every syn!

xxx

It was......but it wasn't if you know what I mean...lol

Everyone is allowed a day off!! I had a day off yesterday - however it wasn't intentional :sigh: I was working overtime in the morning and picked up a carton of fresh orange juice, totalling forgetting the syn value. It was a lot!!! So, I thought bugger it and had a bag of haribo in the evening as well :p whoooooooops!!

You're absolutely right, it's just 1 day. Sounds like you're little unintentional day was a lovely treat too....I love haribo especially the rings...lol

You're absolutely right, it's just 1 day. Sounds like you're little unintentional day was a lovely treat too....I love haribo especially the rings...lol

Mmmmm,pink and clear rings ;) mmmmmm!!

Had a syn free stir fry for tea though x

I have done the same today hun, for days though those horrible demons in my head have been wanting to have a blow out and I fought hard to beat them but today they won me over.
I ate and drank what I wanted, I know I am in for a gain on Weds weigh in but I also know when to draw the line and carry on slimming as normal.
Happy Valentines Day to you all xxx

I kind of fell off the wagon for the first time in about 6 weeks on SW. Could have made a better food choice but didn't. My estimate is about 40 syns. My parents, husband and child showed up at my work tonight (in a restaurant) and so I had dinner with them when I was finished. Could have had a salad, but I decided to go with a sandwich. Perhaps I will pay dearly on the scales on wed. :(

Just call it a flexi syns day ... say you allowed yourself 5 gorgeous courses worth then called it a night ;P

This week has been a bad one for me, ate about 50 packs of "fun size" maltesers, a pack of Farley's Rusks. Went out with my family today for teashop lunch, had brie and bacon toasted sandwich, chocolate milkshake and I kid ye not a ft long iced bun filled with fresh cream. It was BEYOND devine. But I am clamping down this week and filling up on fruit! I blame my sister for giving me this blummin' lurgy and depleting my will power :p

Ah well, better chase after that wagon and hop back on! Let's go!

It can't be a flexi syn day as the whole point of a flexi syn day is you are in control and know exactly how many syns you have had, ie you allow yourself 50 and stop when you get to 50.
With meals out for special occasions its worth remembering 1 day isn't going to ruin your whole week, you're better off just enjoying it and then moving on.

I had a day off the diet yesterday, KFC then in the evening 3 course meal with hubby I had chicken a d ibs and dessert platter!! Suffered with real bad tummy ache and it went right through me. Was enough to put me right back on the SW wagon this morning!! I weighed in today as stayed the same ( thankfully) here's hoping for a good week now though xx

Back