Totally Fed Up With Myself

julieellen

Today started bad fell back to sleep and was late going up to my mams, I look after her since she broke her hip. Anyway no time for breakfast so grabbed a banana. Didn't eat anything then till 2pm and had bacon egg and tomatoes doing ok on diet up until then. Picked my granddaughter up from school at 3pm went shopping she wanted a Mcdonalds so in we went. Sat in Mcdonalds with only a diet coke felt quite pleased with myself. Dropped granddaughter off went home to an unhappy husband heres where things got worse. Had a few words and ate over half a packet of sweets that my granddaughter had left. I don't know why I do this as soon as I get upset over anything I reach for any junk food I can find, I am so upset with myself, I ask you whats the point of me trying only to sabotage myself in the end.

Julieellen today is only one of 7 write down the syns you have had today wake up tomorrow with a new start just think it could have been a mcds as well n well done for the diet coke you should be proud of yourself i wouldnt have been able to do that xxx

Today started bad fell back to sleep and was late going up to my mams, I look after her since she broke her hip. Anyway no time for breakfast so grabbed a banana. Didn't eat anything then till 2pm and had bacon egg and tomatoes doing ok on diet up until then. Picked my granddaughter up from school at 3pm went shopping she wanted a Mcdonalds so in we went. Sat in Mcdonalds with only a diet coke felt quite pleased with myself. Dropped granddaughter off went home to an unhappy husband heres where things got worse. Had a few words and ate over half a packet of sweets that my granddaughter had left. I don't know why I do this as soon as I get upset over anything I reach for any junk food I can find, I am so upset with myself, I ask you whats the point of me trying only to sabotage myself in the end.

I think you are being too hard on yourself. Between getting up and eating badly you had only eaten a banana, bacon , egg and tomato. I would have that just for breakfast! We all go off the rails from time to time but overall still lose weight so dont give up.
If you don't mind me saying it appears you have a lot on at the moment looking after your Mum so perhaps some planning would help. Can you keep some snacks on you so you don't deprive yourself of food for long stretches? I still find that the more I eat on slimming world, the more I lose. Sounds mad doesn't it? It's a question of the right foods, which means making sure they are to hand. Good luck and don't feel too bad. Today is a new day

Hi Julieellen. well, we all have a bad day sometimes and that what we normally do on those days - eat the comfort food, eat something thats handy and thats not too bad as long you dont do it regularly. what you should do is have some healthy snacks on hand or accessible, dont store Naughty foods at home as they are just there to tempt you. try to eat regularly because nibbling wont do any good. thats the time we lose track of the calories that we have because in our minds, they are just tiny foods but on the grand scale, its massive when you some it all up.

Thanks everyone for the replies I feel much better this morning ready to start again. Vixp that's a first for me too to stick with the diet coke. Daisybell18 you are right about eating more trouble is as a very slow loser I only lose around a pound a week so I,m afraid to eat much more. Acesmum I try not to keep a lot of naughty foods at home but with a son and husband who never put weight on and can eat anything they want it proves a bit difficult to cut everything out particularly as they have a very sweet tooth. I'll just have to leave home lolx

Back