Totally gutted!!

I've been doing so well, lost 2 1/2 stone in 7 weeks and (also the reason I haven't posted in a while) last week got rushed into hospital for an emergency appendectomy by keyhole and now I've been told I can't restart for 3 months which, I'm sure people will agree, will be bloody hard as you get all focused and in the right mindset to avoid temptation then it has been like the rug has been taken from under me.
Any suggestions on how to minimise the weight gain (or better lose / stay the same) until I can start again? X

Hope you're feeling ok now after such a big trauma. As other people have said i'd try low carb/atkins style and the weight should continue to drop off. You could say as you've had a break from carbs for so long your body shouldnt crave them anymore so you'll be able to kick in those learnt good habits. Best of luck and really hope you recovery 100% soon xx

I think you should avoid ketosis type diets until you have fully healed. You will regain your glycogen stores so will gain weight not inches. I would recommend slimming world as it is a very healthy and safe weight plan and it is the only diet recommended for pregnant/breast feeding mother. (That illustrates how safe it is). Then once recovered go back to CD if need be. Hope you have a speedy recovery even though it is keyhole it still hurts like hell. (I know I had my gallbladder removed via keyhole surgery). Jayne

I would talk to your CDC, i have only done ss so far so i am not too clude up on the other programmes, but maybe she can recommend a programme the will be safer for you to follow. But then if you have to eat, try and keep it healthy maybe? Low fat yog, ham/tuna salads and maybe stir fry veg and some chicken for dinner ( use a soy and worchester sauch, no sauce packs!) i did this last year And lots a bit of weight. but if you cant do cd then try little and often!

Good luck and i hope you recover soon! Xx

Last edited:
wishing you a speedy recovery, you have done so well, I would go for a low fat diet just to try and maintain and maybe lose a bit more, then you can return to CD when your body is ready Good Luck

i agree with the above poster, have a look at rosemary conley low fat and low calorie its fairly easy to do with out the added stress of worrying if you eat anythign that might throw you out of keto in simple terms its (depending on your weight) 1200 cals and nothing over 4% fat per 100g therefore all you need to do is just check labels at supermarket for cals and fat content. im only siggesting it as its a nice simple way to keep your weigh down loose a few pounds and you can really work on those principle without adding more stress to your life especially after your op, there might well be a medical contra-indication to following a ketogenic diet after your op because of the impact on your kidneys and liver function - i would just check that out first before making a decision
wishing you well and a speedy recovery x

Thankyou for all of your help and kind words I think I'll prob have to stick to low calorie as, like some of you guys have mentioned, ketosis is prob not food for me post op. I'm just annoyed as I had 4 1/2 stone to lose before my holiday- I'd lost 2 1/2 before my op and only had 2 stone to go before my holiday in 5 weeks and I've hit a road block! Bummer!!
Thanks for all your kind words though xx

Back