TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

enjoy your run- im jealous of you all. wish i could go out to the gym :(

WI in the morning- ill talk there so thatll help. its a 45 minute walk.

glad ur feeling better after ur run lou :)

another 1lb off for me! gutted it wasnt 2 :( REALLY wanted 2! but hey ho, next week i WILL be in those 10s! AND that will be 2 n half stone gone FOREVER!!

is 1lb a week ok do u think? i know obviously everyone would love bigger losses every week, but should i be pleased with what im loosing? just seems to be taking forever and i still have another 22lb to go until i am where i want to be (i think!), i worked really hard this week, i kept to my syns, i was sensible whn i went out and at the BBQ and ive been out on my bike 6 days out of 7...should i be doing anything more? (oh and i walk everywhere as i dont drive, and that also means pushing either a double buggy or a single with a buggy board attached) and trying to keep 4 kids entertained (or at least trying to stop them from injuring themselves or each other!)

i do keep meaning to drink more! but i keep forgetting :/

loolahoop said:
glad ur feeling better after ur run lou :)

another 1lb off for me! gutted it wasnt 2 :( REALLY wanted 2! but hey ho, next week i WILL be in those 10s! AND that will be 2 n half stone gone FOREVER!!

is 1lb a week ok do u think? i know obviously everyone would love bigger losses every week, but should i be pleased with what im loosing? just seems to be taking forever and i still have another 22lb to go until i am where i want to be (i think!), i worked really hard this week, i kept to my syns, i was sensible whn i went out and at the BBQ and ive been out on my bike 6 days out of 7...should i be doing anything more? (oh and i walk everywhere as i dont drive, and that also means pushing either a double buggy or a single with a buggy board attached) and trying to keep 4 kids entertained (or at least trying to stop them from injuring themselves or each other!)

i do keep meaning to drink more! but i keep forgetting :/

They say 1-2 a week is a normal healthy way to lose weight if you want to keep it off long term. It gives your skin time to adjust and it becomes more likely that your losing fat Nd not just water and muscle. So whilst you want to lose 22 pound how many more pounds take you into healthy bmi? I can't see your stats on my phone. Perhaps watch your portions and don't fall into the snacking on free food trap. Also drink drink and drink some more, I've been rubbish at it too this last week or so, and I need to up it massively. I'm so bunged up and I know it's lack of water cos I eat veg, salad and fruit and on UD I have a big bowl of dried fruit muesli. Try drinking a pint of water with each meal. That's 6 of the recommended 8 glasses a day. Then you just have a pint to get down you before bed. I wil take a leaf out of my own book ;)

*sticks head round the door*

Can I come in??? Back on Slim & Save as of Monday morning and lost 5lbs when I checked the scales when I got up today, so a good start.

Im still very up and down, not sure my anti depressants are doing the trick but theyre helping a bit. Anyway enough faffing around. Ive deleted my ticker and stats, Ive reset the record I keep at home, Ive taken 1st day photos (and theyre not half scary), ive cleared my wee chalkboard plaque in my kitchen and Im totally starting afresh.

Ive set myself a target on next August. I take my nieces on holiday every Aug for a few days and next year I want to go on the fairground rides with Emma, not just stand and watch.

Day 2 under my belt, see what the scales say tomorrow

And I apologise in advance if this post is too full of chit chat :eek:

Starlight said:

Can I come in??? Back on Slim & Save as of Monday morning and lost 5lbs when I checked the scales when I got up today, so a good start.

Im still very up and down, not sure my anti depressants are doing the trick but theyre helping a bit. Anyway enough faffing around. Ive deleted my ticker and stats, Ive reset the record I keep at home, Ive taken 1st day photos (and theyre not half scary), ive cleared my wee chalkboard plaque in my kitchen and Im totally starting afresh.

Ive set myself a target on next August. I take my nieces on holiday every Aug for a few days and next year I want to go on the fairground rides with Emma, not just stand and watch.

Hey starlight. Good on ya. Best way sometimes is to just wipe the slate clean and start as you mean to go on. I can't see your stats or anything so font know what you have to lose but I hope goal is realistic for you? Welcome back.

Good news Starlight. Starting again is best! Forget about the past and focus on the here and now. You can definitely do it. Glad to see you are feeling a little better :)

Well done FL! You are lovely and consistent with your losses - keep chipping them off.

Thanks Bonnie! Even when a loss isn't as big as I'd like I keep reminding myself that I'm heading in the right direction and that slow and steady wins the race! I'm averaging about 2lbs a week which is great! Having some issues though since many of my clothes are starting to get very loose now! Got my Mum sending me some size 16 trousers but pretty sure I'll be out of those soon too. Can't wait to visit home in February and go shopping :D

They say 1-2 a week is a normal healthy way to lose weight if you want to keep it off long term. It gives your skin time to adjust and it becomes more likely that your losing fat Nd not just water and muscle. So whilst you want to lose 22 pound how many more pounds take you into healthy bmi? I can't see your stats on my phone. Perhaps watch your portions and don't fall into the snacking on free food trap. Also drink drink and drink some more, I've been rubbish at it too this last week or so, and I need to up it massively. I'm so bunged up and I know it's lack of water cos I eat veg, salad and fruit and on UD I have a big bowl of dried fruit muesli. Try drinking a pint of water with each meal. That's 6 of the recommended 8 glasses a day. Then you just have a pint to get down you before bed. I wil take a leaf out of my own book ;)
thanks lou! will deffo drink more! (have a green tea sitting next to me now (instead of my usual coffee))! my BMI is, as of last night..... 24.9!!!!! :O lol im so pleased with that coz i cant even remember the last time i had a healthy BMI!! i dont snack anyway, thanks to this thread :) i think its 3 weeks no snacking now, and tbh not missing it at all! :)
WI nights i do get down with a 1lb loss, i think mainly coz other people are loosing like 4-5lb at a time, but im feeling more positive about it now, its still a 1lb OFF and i know i probably would have been in tears if it was the same weight ON! and i want this long term, so if it does take another 6 months to loose 22lb, maybe longer, it doesnt really matter, just need to remind myself of this from time to ttime x

thanks lou! will deffo drink more! (have a green tea sitting next to me now (instead of my usual coffee))! my BMI is, as of last night..... 24.9!!!!! :O lol im so pleased with that coz i cant even remember the last time i had a healthy BMI!! i dont snack anyway, thanks to this thread :) i think its 3 weeks no snacking now, and tbh not missing it at all! :)
WI nights i do get down with a 1lb loss, i think mainly coz other people are loosing like 4-5lb at a time, but im feeling more positive about it now, its still a 1lb OFF and i know i probably would have been in tears if it was the same weight ON! and i want this long term, so if it does take another 6 months to loose 22lb, maybe longer, it doesnt really matter, just need to remind myself of this from time to ttime x

1-2 pounds is a totally good loss. It's steady, it's consistent and it shows that you are losing fat, not anything else. And bodies do work weirdly. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep heading in the right direction!

well its wednesday, which means its weigh in day for me. 1-2lbs a weeks great, and any loss is a loss at the end of the day. I know it comes of pretty fast at first, then your bottle settles into its regualr loss pattern. anyone know how long it takes to settle?

well its wednesday, which means its weigh in day for me. 1-2lbs a weeks great, and any loss is a loss at the end of the day. I know it comes of pretty fast at first, then your bottle settles into its regualr loss pattern. anyone know how long it takes to settle?

Smiley will be able to tell us if there is any exact science but the general rule of thumb is that the lighter and healthier you get, the less you lose. I think it all depends on the individual, I guess and your own metabolism. Don't analyse it too much. Remember- any loss is a good loss and our bodys don't have weigh-in days. :)

I agree, although it is agonizing (especially when you are on the verge of a stone barrier) we have all decided that enough is enough with this being fat lark, for good. So if it takes 6 months rather than 6 weeks, in the context of a lifetime, it is nothing...

Bonnies right, any loss is not again, these are changes for life, and as ive read somewhere on here, im not losing weight, im getting rid of it as i dont plan on finding it again!

Id like to thank all you Tough Lovers for keeping me on the straight and narrow these past two weeks. I "got rid of" 6lbs this week! thats my 14lbs in two weeks. I dont know what i am doing other than rigidly sticking to plan and its dropping off me. Im sure its going to start to slow down now, but even is its a pound loss ill be happy.

Back