TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I'VE DONE IT for the first time in I don't know how many years I've dropped below 10.7, I'm 10.6 and a quarter and here's the proof :)

image-4057290815.jpg

I've been using scales at home as hubby had a mess about with em and they have been consistent with the boots scales since and they turn on by tapping them now so god knows what was wrong with them before but itis great cos I weigh in every morning and can see my weight dropping and it's keeping me from over eating and I've been struggling to get to boots to get weighed cos I'm working a lot atm. I'm so happy!!!

Well done Lou. Its a good feeling, isn't it. :)

I STS this week which is fine. Just trying to get my head around this maintenance malarky. Still very much in the mindset of counting points throughout the week but then kicking back at the weekends. Had pizza and dips last weekend for instance which was lovely. This diet has certainly made me appreciate food more - before I would have counted pizza and dips as being everyday, run of the mill food. Now it will be an occasional weekend meal - and by god did it taste fab-u-lous.

Somebody kick me please! I've been a bit unmotivated the last few days, had family stuff, cough and cold etc, and haven't been as strict with food at all, not pigging out, but definitely "a bite of a croissant won't do too much damage" kind of thing!

My exercise has been good though, managed 5 workouts of the 7 days last week, 3 in gym, 2 at home, so just need to keep the focus food wise!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Somebody kick me please! I've been a bit unmotivated the last few days, had family stuff, cough and cold etc, and haven't been as strict with food at all, not pigging out, but definitely "a bite of a croissant won't do too much damage" kind of thing!

My exercise has been good though, managed 5 workouts of the 7 days last week, 3 in gym, 2 at home, so just need to keep the focus food wise!

ok, you asked for it ;)

right, so your not 'piggin out' but your picking...and as someone once said to me "little pickers wear big knickers" and its true, you cant possibly track how much you are or arent eating if your biting off bits of food randomly...why are you doing this? boredom?feeling down? whatever it is eating more than you should isnt going to magically make you feel better. you say youve been ill, i feel this is the given excuse.....yet youve managed to exercise, you cant have felt THAT ill if you were managing to exercise? and why would you do all that exercise just to undo it for random mouthfuls of food that you probably didnt enjoy and didnt satisfy you in any way? and if you gain this week how bad will you feel then? make a plan, decide where you go from here, every time you say no you are making it that little bit easier to say no next time, as you feel better for resisting and its nicer to feel in control than it is to feel like a failure and like you have no self control. come on now, pull yourself together. if your ill, put the exercise on hold or slow it down to give your body chance to heal and make some soup, full of veg and lean meat and give your body the food it needs to feel better.

Thanks conlou :) I Know the picking is my downfall when tired/busy etc so really need to nip it in the bud.

Another tricky week this week, on a course where food is provided mon- weds, then weekend is my youngest's birthday, so more family celebrations plus a day at a theme park, so I NEED to be über focussed this week as I see my personal trainer next wed and he's expecting an improvement!

Also am going to see the doctor later this week if I can as need to sort this cough out as the lack of sleep is affecting my willpower, plus am struggling with my cardio in the gym. Might still say it's just viral, but at least I've been proactive.

Hels I feel a bit like you as well. I haven't been snacking but my food choices have been questionable over the weekend.

I have no real reason for it other than i was busy and at that point in time i thought i would give myself some slack! Which can very quickly set me On that slippery slope. I've taken lou's advice to you on board so determined not to let this week be a wasted one

hells2012sw said:
Thanks conlou :) I Know the picking is my downfall when tired/busy etc so really need to nip it in the bud.

Another tricky week this week, on a course where food is provided mon- weds, then weekend is my youngest's birthday, so more family celebrations plus a day at a theme park, so I NEED to be über focussed this week as I see my personal trainer next wed and he's expecting an improvement!

Also am going to see the doctor later this week if I can as need to sort this cough out as the lack of sleep is affecting my willpower, plus am struggling with my cardio in the gym. Might still say it's just viral, but at least I've been proactive.

Make sure you go to
Docs and be persistent. It took me 3 trips to drs and 4 weeks of misery before they actually took me seriously, im on anti biotics and my chest is much better and I'm not feeling so exhausted.

sparty said:
Hels I feel a bit like you as well. I haven't been snacking but my food choices have been questionable over the weekend.

I have no real reason for it other than i was busy and at that point in time i thought i would give myself some slack! Which can very quickly set me On that slippery slope. I've taken lou's advice to you on board so determined not to let this week be a wasted one

Come on Sparty you can do this. Your doing so well not snacking why spoil that by making your meals rubbish.

Right guys, time to fess up.

I had been in a peed off mood at week because of some work/ life related stuff and I headed out for dinner on Friday night. My meal was fine, but I ended up having dessert, my friend gave me some home-baked cookies (3) and on both Saturday and Sunday, I was fine for breakfast and lunch and then screwed up for dinner. Saturday instead of dinner I had Ice Cream and M&Ms and yesterday I had a snickers, leftover M&Ms and other stuff I can't even remember. I think part of it was feeling ashamed about Friday so I just went for it on Saturday and Sunday.

I am honestly so disappointed in myself. My attitude has been really great these past few weeks and then I went crazy and I feel like I've let myself and also let the other people on the snack challenge down too. I was doing so great with that and working through my cravings. I suppose I am even more irritated that I used one slip-up to slip-up even more. It's not like me- any other slip ups, I have been able to brush off and deal with and just... move on. I let this one dictate a whole weekend.

I am trying not to be too hard on myself because I have come so far- being able to think positively about hunger and cravings is still a new thing for me and so far from my thought processes of the beginning of this year. I have made progress, I just haven't made as much progress as I'd like. I really should have come here on Friday night but then I felt bad for going crazy on Friday night so yeah... it was stupid. And not at all worth it. Next time I promise to come on here and fess up earlier instead of letting the situation carry on like that.

I weighed this morning and I gained 1 1/2lb. My last weigh before Japan will be on Friday. My aim is to shove it off and then a little bit more by then. I have been perfect all day, despite some wild cravings this afternoon and I've got my dinner planned and sorted. I know I can do this, this week. I know I can do to Japan and do three meals a day and a heap load of walking. I know I can make it to goal. I just have to stop letting the 'Fat Hannah' in my head get in my way and focus on 'New Hannah' who is much more positive about her relationship with food. The fact is I have a choice: be at the mercy of my cravings forever, or face my food issues head on and work through them. And I know which one I would ultimately prefer.

faery_lights said:
Right guys, time to fess up.

I had been in a peed off mood at week because of some work/ life related stuff and I headed out for dinner on Friday night. My meal was fine, but I ended up having dessert, my friend gave me some home-baked cookies (3) and on both Saturday and Sunday, I was fine for breakfast and lunch and then screwed up for dinner. Saturday instead of dinner I had Ice Cream and M&Ms and yesterday I had a snickers, leftover M&Ms and other stuff I can't even remember. I think part of it was feeling ashamed about Friday so I just went for it on Saturday and Sunday.

I am honestly so disappointed in myself. My attitude has been really great these past few weeks and then I went crazy and I feel like I've let myself and also let the other people on the snack challenge down too. I was doing so great with that and working through my cravings. I suppose I am even more irritated that I used one slip-up to slip-up even more. It's not like me- any other slip ups, I have been able to brush off and deal with and just... move on. I let this one dictate a whole weekend.

I am trying not to be too hard on myself because I have come so far- being able to think positively about hunger and cravings is still a new thing for me and so far from my thought processes of the beginning of this year. I have made progress, I just haven't made as much progress as I'd like. I really should have come here on Friday night but then I felt bad for going crazy on Friday night so yeah... it was stupid. And not at all worth it. Next time I promise to come on here and fess up earlier instead of letting the situation carry on like that.

I weighed this morning and I gained 1 1/2lb. My last weigh before Japan will be on Friday. My aim is to shove it off and then a little bit more by then. I have been perfect all day, despite some wild cravings this afternoon and I've got my dinner planned and sorted. I know I can do this, this week. I know I can do to Japan and do three meals a day and a heap load of walking. I know I can make it to goal. I just have to stop letting the 'Fat Hannah' in my head get in my way and focus on 'New Hannah' who is much more positive about her relationship with food. The fact is I have a choice: be at the mercy of my cravings forever, or face my food issues head on and work through them. And I know which one I would ultimately prefer.

:( FL you didn't come on on Friday for the same reason most of us don't come on and admit we're going to slip, because you didn't want to stop, but now reality has kicked in and your left with that guilty feeling and a gain to boot. Do you think the no snacking left you feeling deprived? And I just want to say that 3 cookies as a pudding on Friday was not failing, you could have chose to accept that this was allowed as a bit of a treat and moved on but I feel it was the berating your self over 3 measles cookies that's left you feeling like a failure and has left you feeling very unhappy, so to punish yourself you confirm the little voice in your head that tells you your bound to fail, and you spiral out of control. You need to answer that voice back, when your convincing yourself it's ok to eat those things just STOP and question it, mindful eating. I'm worried that you saw having 3 cookies as slipping, what's that in the grand scheme of things? At maximum 600 cals? It takes 3500 cals to gain a pound. Perhaps no snacking is giving you a more unhealthy view of 'dieting' than you thought? It's not all or nothing, it's life, you have to be able to live it and have the occasional thing you enjoy and not feel its the end of the world. Perhaps smaller portions for your meals and a snack after your evening meal would be better suited? Its your life and you have to choose what works for you, if it's not working or if it's making you unhappy then change it. There's no hard and fast rules, what works for one doesn't work for another. I haven't been snacking
But I have been eating very little in the day, having tea, going to work then coming home and eating something. I would have classed that as snacking before but as I'm not eating much before my evening meal it's acceptable to
Me, and that's the key.....what's acceptable to you, who says you have to have breakfast dinner and tea at the times were told? If going from tea time to bed is too long then half your evening meal, have half at tea time and half mid evening, your not eating any more food but your tricking yourself into thinking you are. Chocolate for tea is never a good idea though, no wonder you binged for 2 days then are craving today, you sent your body on a sugar high then it came crashing down shortly after. You know this. Well done for fessing up and I'm pleased you have a plan. Hopefully you can pull it round by Friday, if not, take it on the chin, it's deserved.

conlou1 said:
:( FL you didn't come on on Friday for the same reason most of us don't come on and admit we're going to slip, because you didn't want to stop, but now reality has kicked in and your left with that guilty feeling and a gain to boot. Do you think the no snacking left you feeling deprived? And I just want to say that 3 cookies as a pudding on Friday was not failing, you could have chose to accept that this was allowed as a bit of a treat and moved on but I feel it was the berating your self over 3 measles cookies that's left you feeling like a failure and has left you feeling very unhappy, so to punish yourself you confirm the little voice in your head that tells you your bound to fail, and you spiral out of control. You need to answer that voice back, when your convincing yourself it's ok to eat those things just STOP and question it, mindful eating. I'm worried that you saw having 3 cookies as slipping, what's that in the grand scheme of things? At maximum 600 cals? It takes 3500 cals to gain a pound. Perhaps no snacking is giving you a more unhealthy view of 'dieting' than you thought? It's not all or nothing, it's life, you have to be able to live it and have the occasional thing you enjoy and not feel its the end of the world. Perhaps smaller portions for your meals and a snack after your evening meal would be better suited? Its your life and you have to choose what works for you, if it's not working or if it's making you unhappy then change it. There's no hard and fast rules, what works for one doesn't work for another. I haven't been snacking
But I have been eating very little in the day, having tea, going to work then coming home and eating something. I would have classed that as snacking before but as I'm not eating much before my evening meal it's acceptable to
Me, and that's the key.....what's acceptable to you, who says you have to have breakfast dinner and tea at the times were told? If going from tea time to bed is too long then half your evening meal, have half at tea time and half mid evening, your not eating any more food but your tricking yourself into thinking you are. Chocolate for tea is never a good idea though, no wonder you binged for 2 days then are craving today, you sent your body on a sugar high then it came crashing down shortly after. You know this. Well done for fessing up and I'm pleased you have a plan. Hopefully you can pull it round by Friday, if not, take it on the chin, it's deserved.

I actually don't think the snack thing is part of it. That isn't bothering me and I am finding it helpful in learning to deal with hunger. I think it was a few things- peed off with work, feeling homesick and the fact that I weighed every morning last week and kept showing an undeserved gain. But I think you are right about me over-reacting to the cookies. If I had been more relaxed about it, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Still, over and done with now. Going to stick to cals all week, exercise and drink a heap load of water. That should send the scales in the right direction! Thanks for the pep talk Lou and Congrats on having lost 50lbs!!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

faery_lights said:
I actually don't think the snack thing is part of it. That isn't bothering me and I am finding it helpful in learning to deal with hunger. I think it was a few things- peed off with work, feeling homesick and the fact that I weighed every morning last week and kept showing an undeserved gain. But I think you are right about me over-reacting to the cookies. If I had been more relaxed about it, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Still, over and done with now. Going to stick to cals all week, exercise and drink a heap load of water. That should send the scales in the right direction! Thanks for the pep talk Lou and Congrats on having lost 50lbs!!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Us women are very good at over reacting, just as men are good at sulking ;) you can't change what's been you can only learn from it, forget the weekend now, you faced it and owned up, it's gone. I'm back to being super focused again, something has finally clicked, I don't feel
So down, I know it's hormone related, I had a long cycle and it sends my moods and appetite haywire. I'm feeling much calmer now and it's having a knock on effect, the 2 months I've been hormonal I've basically sts and now I'm ok again I've lost 4 pound in 2.5 weeks. I know this isn't the place for excuses but there is definitely something in this hormone malarkey.

I have been struggling with my appetite today out of the blue. So I have used all my syns already for something sweet with my lunch and I feel much better and in control. I made a smart choice I think looking at the bigger picture because now I didn't snack again today. if I had denied my sweet craving I would never have been able to hold out today!

It's really tough once you fall off track to get back on. I think in all honesty the break I had for my holiday and my operation threw me off purse more than I was willing to admit. I also have been struggling money wise but I'm going to go shopping and get some fruit and veg in tonight so I have no excuse to not have low syn dinners.

I have also made a turkey and veg pasta that I had for lunch today (and again tomorrow) that was one hexa and one hexb - totally syn free. Doing This makes it easier for me to keep on track With hex's and saves my syns up. I'm going to make quiche tonight for wednesday and Thursday lunches

Back