TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I write my diary, because it helps me to see where I've come from, and any 'wobbly' stuff goes in there. Other than that, there's the odd supportive post to people who started at the same time as me, or who've hit genuine milestones on their journey. Otherwise it's in here.

A few additional sections on here might be pretty good. Let's try it and see how it goes. How about a "lady problem" section so poor Rod and Smileyman don't have to hear about PERIODS HA HA!

Rod which is the easiest way to remove bones from fish?
My son is coming to stay for a few days and I want to do some special meals for him.And your fish looks so yummy I want to try cooking a whole fish.:)

Hi GF, whole baked fish is the only way I ever cook them

Basically unless you are a skilled fishmonger (and I'm not) you will waste fish by trying to fillet it - and I hate that

you will find that cooking "en papillote" will steam your fish so well inside the parcel that the flesh will just come away from the bones - the flesh will be super sweet and moist, due to the bones remaining in for the cooking time - it's the only way to do it IMO!

tease the flesh away gently with a spatula and a fork and if the odd bone comes with it (unlikely) just pull it out with your fingers

totally healthy too, use water if you don't want to put wine in and feel free to mix up the veg

the chorizo gives it a salty contrast perfect for sweet fish (same concept as scallops and bacon) and used in moderation will be fine for most dieters, you being Primal, just eat it all up!

worth noting you can also cook this way on a disposable BBQ, ALWAYS have foil in the car on a trip to the coast - you just have to turn it once if using a disp BBQ

anyone else gonna take up fishing? I know three lady anglers and they are all gorgeous, super fit and mega fun!

anyone else gonna take up fishing? I know three lady anglers and they are all gorgeous, super fit and mega fun!

waders.jpg

This was me only the other weekend! :D

morning peoples!!! glad to see you got off your chair lazy moo....ive got up, sorted the kids out, washed all the pots hubby and teen son kindly left me, put a wash in and walked to and from nursery in the rain...all before 9.30...and its my birthday.once daughter is back from nursery i will be putting them to bed and im GOING TO start on the 30DS again. i need toning up and whilst its chucking it down with rain i really cant face going for a walk with the kids screaming in their pram cos they hate having the rain cover on, its like being tortured. but I WILL get my exercise in somewhere....and as im not in charge of tea tonight, tomorrow im out and saturday is a mass hen do food and drink fest (that i will need ALL my powers of restraint for) i need some serious exercise to compensate.. any words of wisdom to keep me on the straight and narrow will be appreciated, i feel i can do it but am feeling left out as i havent been shouted at for a while :D

OK Lou, you need it you get it - you've done more than any of us since you joined up here

I think you just need to look at your current before and afters, the shot of you in the dress and ratchet that iron resolve you seem to have back down

Hen party - vodka lime and soda - it's yummy, make 'em tall with lots of ice and the best GI you can get away with. And it looks classy. Give one a try before you go out tho to make sure you like 'em! lol

Also you can use the house vodka, so that makes it cheaper - avoid the temptation to have the double tho - they will get you drunk eventually no matter how much you dilute it and that will take you to the kebab shop!

have a half pint of water every third drink

unlikely you'll have a caved in skull of a hangover either

I don't care if it's raining, you gotta go out and thats it

you have a jacket and if you don't you are totally waterproof anyway, go and get uncomfortable, I slept in a hedge on friday night in a monsoon, so no sympathy from me

do it or don't do it, thats the options.

no you're dead wrong - I like women and there's no point in having a thread that no-one contributes to - I've learned a MASSIVE amount from all of you

but I just can't swim about in the general population, I feel uncomfortable! it's not women I object to, it's the crappy attitude that most members seem to have - and your post Jezzi is so spot on, I can't help but see that you are gonna do it - cos you gets it. The plan is the plan. Plan deviation = fail. And fail is not OK. Because you won't achieve your loss

I've pm'd the Boss about getting a TL section, suggestions for individual forums within the section so far are

cats (FFS!)
recipes
chat (FFS!)

any other dire drivel you ladies need to get off your chest, suggestions on a poached chicken breast please.......

and IF you get the section, I will pop in just to see you're playing by the rules, play nicely or I will take your toys away....

a whole thread for cats??? really? lol

A few additional sections on here might be pretty good. Let's try it and see how it goes. How about a "lady problem" section so poor Rod and Smileyman don't have to hear about PERIODS HA HA!

i just thought the same...a thread about 'hormones' hahaha we could just go in there and have a *****y moan about such things once a month haha.

the 30DS is the 30 day shred, jillian michaels. it claims to drop you 20 pound in 30 days, which is rubbish i dont know one person whos dropped anymore weight than normal doing it BUT it tones you up incredibly...last time i managed 10 days of it (then gave up cos i was weak) and dropped 12 inches everywhere. its good. it hurts. but its only 20 minutes. it says to do it 30 days consecutively but ive been reliably informed that it isnt meant to be done consecutively you need rest days so im aiming to do it 3-4 times a week and am going to fill the other days with walking. i feel ive cracked the diet side but the exercise im still pretty rubbish at and need to get in the swing of something i enjoy, theres enough out there for me to try, i just need to start to look and find something i like...answers on a postcard ;)

jezz-i LOVED those last posts!!! the first one with all the i was 100% but had wine, pizza etc actually sounded ALOT like me before i 'saw the light' honestly i was hurrendous, dummy spitting denial queen. ha and the girl who got outed...HAHAHAHAHA sorry but that IS funny

I was watching them fish this morning out on the seafront.I will ask next time what they are hoping to catch as the water looks very brown.It's the Bristol Channel and we all know what goes into that.

I've had bass out of the channel - it's fine!

Sounds to me like it would quickly turn into the 'feeble excuse' section. I've seen the Bodyform adverts - if you can skateboard, parachute jump and cycle, then you can flipping well stick to your diet and exercise plan.

Sounds to me like it would quickly turn into the 'feeble excuse' section. I've seen the Bodyform adverts - if you can skateboard, parachute jump and cycle, then you can flipping well stick to your diet and exercise plan.

But you can only do such things if you are wearing white skin-tight jeans! :eek: :D

these were only suggestions from a TL forum member - I want 'em all in here where I can keep my eye on 'em, but as the hormones/cats/chats and dresses arent exactly welcome, they want sections for that and tonnes of other stuff I would suggest within the framework of a tough love attitude - Mini is thinking it over, I've just had a PM

But you can only do such things if you are wearing white skin-tight jeans! :eek: :D
You only get let off if you can actually wear skin-tight white jeans!

ok so slight problem...just turned the ps3 on to do my dvd (we dont have a dvd player) and my stupid husband has left the controller at his brothers i think cos i cant find it...without it i cant do the damn dvd. im so mad, i got the kids to bed, got my gym clothes on and was all psyched up to do it. so ive done some arm exercises and sit ups and lunges and am now sulking into my salad cos i really wanted to do it properly today.

How annoying!! Do some sit ups, kicks, knee lifts and arm exercises - also squats and burpees. That should build up a bit of a sweat if you do a routine s few times over

I use other forums mainly for recipes and syn values - but I also joined the Monday weigh in one although that doesn't really do much for me tbh. I can always just tell you guys :)

How annoying!! Do some sit ups, kicks, knee lifts and arm exercises - also squats and burpees. That should build up a bit of a sweat if you do a routine s few times over

im going to run up and down the stairs a few times to get the blood pumping, im gonna kill him when he gets home, forget tough love..hell be getting a tough slap..no one comes between me and my weight loss mission haha

i could do with sdome advice guys...tonight my friend is doing a lasagna for my birthday, i was hoping not to eat pasta this week, but shes prepared it last night and really gone to a lot of trouble, i will have a small portion and fill my plate with salad, thats not an issue..BUT I REALLY didnt want to have pasta...is it mega rude if i cut as much pasta off it as i can? i dont want to offend my friends as they seem like theyve really gone to a lot of trouble for me, which is lovely but i also dont want to go back to that place of not being in control, and i feel like one bad decision will lead to another...am i being too strict with myself and should just have a small portion or do i leave the pasta and face upsetting my friends?

im going to run up and down the stairs a few times to get the blood pumping, im gonna kill him when he gets home, forget tough love..hell be getting a tough slap..no one comes between me and my weight loss mission haha

i could do with sdome advice guys...tonight my friend is doing a lasagna for my birthday, i was hoping not to eat pasta this week, but shes prepared it last night and really gone to a lot of trouble, i will have a small portion and fill my plate with salad, thats not an issue..BUT I REALLY didnt want to have pasta...is it mega rude if i cut as much pasta off it as i can? i dont want to offend my friends as they seem like theyve really gone to a lot of trouble for me, which is lovely but i also dont want to go back to that place of not being in control, and i feel like one bad decision will lead to another...am i being too strict with myself and should just have a small portion or do i leave the pasta and face upsetting my friends?

Definitely better to make the decision in advance, so you are doing the right thing already. For what it's worth I would have a minute helping of lasagne, fill your plate up with salad and not think too much about it. Removing the pasta is taking it a bit far, but you could try to avoid the cheese on the top?

Asking for a small portion because of your diet won't offend anyone. Cutting the pasta off (especially if you've already asked for a small portion) might be seen as a bit rude.

Here's the key though: "i also dont want to go back to that place of not being in control, and i feel like one bad decision will lead to another"

Eating a small portion of a home-made lasagne in the company of good friends is not a bad decision, is it? Overnight, your body will turn that carbohydrate into glycogen, which is long-distance running fuel*, so why not enjoy the night out, and compensate THIS ONE TIME by sticking an extra half-mile or mile on tomorrows run. Then you've turned what would have been one bad thing for your old self into TWO good things for your new self.

If you believe in yourself and your new willpower, then little things like this should be seen as challenges to take in your stride, rather than obstacles to be avoided.

(* this is why marathon runners eat pasta the night before, it's called glycogen overloading. Providing you use it up within 36-72 hours, it will never go near your fat stores)

Just wanted a little gloat and to spread some comfort to those who sts this week - I put on 0.5lbs at slimming world last week, but today I am wearing a skirt which, when I tried on two weeks ago and it was obscenely tight. So, if you have a gain on the scales, it doesn't mean you are not loosing inches from your body - you just have to keep the faith!

Back