TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Hard as it can be conlou - sometimes you have to pick your challenges. I say ask for a small helping and fill up on salad. Could you compensate by bringing a pudding (low fat/syn free etc)? My recent love is crushed up meringue nests with berries and ff yoghurt - low syn eton mess!! Or just berries and ff yoghurt if you want I skip meringue!

Morning Bassers - had a wonderful day yesterday dumping three bin bags at the local charity shop. Was very sad to see some of the clothes go but my wardrobe now only has clothes in it that fit me. No - one day I could get into this stuff - and no circus tent type tops. I found it so motivational and a kick up my own arse even though I didn't actually need one!

Also whilst I was at the charity shop I got my next pair of goal jeans. A pair of brand new (still with tags on) black kickflare (I know Rod and Smileyman will have tuned out by now :)) size 12 jeans. I can get them on now if I lie down on the bed and do them up but the muffin top is more like a bakers window. So this is my measuring tool for the next month or so. Feeling so motivated by this.

Go me! :character00116:

Yay Sue! Go You! Good job on dumping the clothes and also good job on picking yourself up a new motivational items!

Morning all,
Having a kick ass week so far. No crap, exercise EVERY day, even with gammy ankle, which is always sore, but I fight on through the pain... food staying under 1250 cals, even with my Mums roast pork dinner on Sunday!! And Im sticking to my goals. Next week, Im trying on those size 14 jeans.... as promised to myself....
You know what, I was sceptical when I first came here to this thread. Im the queen of self defence..... seriously I am, and Im a Minimins old timer (just check out how many times Ive posted!!), and have done all the - oh Im crap at this, etc etc, and yes, I was crap at it, and yes, I had excuses all the time. Ok, Ive spent the first half of this year working on the head stuff and learning to like me a bit more, or even a lot more..... but all those times when someone says, oh its ok, youre only human, etc bla bla..... doesnt help. Not one little bit. If you want to get the weight off, you just have to do it.... simple, and reading here, yes, I wince sometimes... but its great..... sometimes we do need someone, or, people to stop fannying around with us and just give it to us straight....

So, kick your own asses too... we are all able to. And every time I think about food, I think, do I really really want this?? Or need it.... we have all the answers...

Oh and Rod, much as I loved seeing your yummy bass, and recipe, is that not a bit akin to chitchat..... should it not be in a recipe post??? ;) I think you are softening!! :D

Now I running off!!!

Brilliant way to put it- the thing is, we've all been there, made the excuses but the fact is that unless you are willing to walk the walk, you aren't going to go anywhere.

morning peoples!!! glad to see you got off your chair lazy moo....ive got up, sorted the kids out, washed all the pots hubby and teen son kindly left me, put a wash in and walked to and from nursery in the rain...all before 9.30...and its my birthday.once daughter is back from nursery i will be putting them to bed and im GOING TO start on the 30DS again. i need toning up and whilst its chucking it down with rain i really cant face going for a walk with the kids screaming in their pram cos they hate having the rain cover on, its like being tortured. but I WILL get my exercise in somewhere....and as im not in charge of tea tonight, tomorrow im out and saturday is a mass hen do food and drink fest (that i will need ALL my powers of restraint for) i need some serious exercise to compensate.. any words of wisdom to keep me on the straight and narrow will be appreciated, i feel i can do it but am feeling left out as i havent been shouted at for a while :D

Am I the only person who noticed? HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOU :553::birthday::candle1::bday:

Oh you don't like fruit or veg?

And you've decided that the 1/3 of your plate being super free (fruit and veg) is not an essential part of the plan, but is optional?

And you've decided to substitute a white subway footlong roll instead of 2 small slices of light wholemeal bread for your healthy extra b (fibre allowance)?

And you've been 100% all week - apart from 5 bottles of wine (you dont count alcohol), a whole pizza (it was weigh in night so it didnt count), and 2 chocolate bars a day (it was star week).

And you gained 2lb this week?

God no, I can't figure it out either. It's just not fair is it. Oh well, I'm sure you'll lose this week hun. Keep at it, you're working so hard.

***sigh***

This is the other 99.9% of MM. Can't we have an entire TL forum?

Deluded much?! This is a classic example of a person who wants to lose weight whilst changing nothing about their life.

Edited to add: there was a big Hoo-ha over on one of the VLCD forums the other week... A user had been posting for weeks about being 100% on plan, all her massive losses etc, star of the forum and loads of people praising her. Then a new user appeared, and posted screen shots of the super-dieters twitter and Facebook feeds, showing pictures and messages of her eating lots of naughty foods, all within the time frame that she had been "100%" on the liquid only diet.

It was a horrible and mean mean mean thing to do, and the posts were removed and the new user was banned. I haven't named the super-dieter here as I agree that it was a horrible and unnecessary thing to happen.

But it did make me think, what is the point of lying about your "success" to a bunch of online people you don't even know. How does that help you?

I think lying on the internet is a pretty low thing to do actually- I am glad whoever it was got found out. I mean, if you mislead people about basic stuff what else are you misleading them about? And you're also lying to yourself which is the worst kind of lying... either way, I hope it was the wake up call she needed.

no you're dead wrong - I like women and there's no point in having a thread that no-one contributes to - I've learned a MASSIVE amount from all of you

but I just can't swim about in the general population, I feel uncomfortable! it's not women I object to, it's the crappy attitude that most members seem to have - and your post Jezzi is so spot on, I can't help but see that you are gonna do it - cos you gets it. The plan is the plan. Plan deviation = fail. And fail is not OK. Because you won't achieve your loss

I've pm'd the Boss about getting a TL section, suggestions for individual forums within the section so far are

cats (FFS!)
recipes
chat (FFS!)

any other dire drivel you ladies need to get off your chest, suggestions on a poached chicken breast please.......

and IF you get the section, I will pop in just to see you're playing by the rules, play nicely or I will take your toys away....

I don't really think a recipe or cat forum is needed! The recipes are all in the other sections. I just think one tough love board would great- we could have an off-topic thread, a Rod Thread (this one), an exercise thread, a food thread and we'd be able to have people make their own threads where we can tough love them individually instead of it all getting lost i.e. they can't ignore it. Oh and maybe an achievement thread. I used to mod a forum eons ago and I was a bit... organisational about that too! Haha!

A few additional sections on here might be pretty good. Let's try it and see how it goes. How about a "lady problem" section so poor Rod and Smileyman don't have to hear about PERIODS HA HA!

This section is absolutely needed ;)

I think there is enough 'other' sections to post pics of your pussy in and to put food etc.We don't need more than this thread.

You have the health section to put your female problems in.:)

I laughed. Quite a lot.

im going to run up and down the stairs a few times to get the blood pumping, im gonna kill him when he gets home, forget tough love..hell be getting a tough slap..no one comes between me and my weight loss mission haha

i could do with sdome advice guys...tonight my friend is doing a lasagna for my birthday, i was hoping not to eat pasta this week, but shes prepared it last night and really gone to a lot of trouble, i will have a small portion and fill my plate with salad, thats not an issue..BUT I REALLY didnt want to have pasta...is it mega rude if i cut as much pasta off it as i can? i dont want to offend my friends as they seem like theyve really gone to a lot of trouble for me, which is lovely but i also dont want to go back to that place of not being in control, and i feel like one bad decision will lead to another...am i being too strict with myself and should just have a small portion or do i leave the pasta and face upsetting my friends?

I'd take a big side salad with you to 'help with the cooking' or whatever. Put a load of salad on your plate, eat as much of that as you can, take a small portion of pasta and eat what you can. You avoid offending your friend since you ate all the lasagne and you keep fully and healthy.

Also, please stop saying so much guys, you make me want to talk ;)

I think there is enough 'other' sections to post pics of your pussy in and to put food etc.We don't need more than this thread.

You have the health section to put your female problems in.:)

I had no idea that sheltering in here, there was an entire section with shots of members pussies :confused:

I don't have one, so can't contribute, but I'm sure there must be some quite cute little one's, big furry wild ones and even some of the hairless variety...
:drool:
must get out more....

Been to the gym worked my butt off n im now making homemade soup and beef stew for tea yum yum :)
Also ive been tryin on sum tops and my top half has finally caught up with the bottom half ov me so im a size 14 whoop!!

great work Emma, you are killing it girl!

:worthy:

thanks for the advice. i will do that..ill have a small portion and salad...ive saved a lot of calories for it by having a small salad for dinner, and i dont snack anyway. i know i wont lose control, but i just made a decision not to have pasta and kinda feel like im going back on my word which is bloody stupid..think i need to get a grip haha. this week is a real test, meal and drinks sunday, meal tonight, meal tomorrow, meal and drinks saturday.....anyway, i heed your advice and will just make up for it tomorrow.

bonnie - thats great news on the skirt!!!! woop

emma- check you out.....well done!!

sparty- pudding doesnt bother me, my friends know i dont have a sweet tooth tbh, and i wont eat pudding no matter who it offends, cos i just dont really like it lol :D

thanks for the birthday wishes. think your all rude with this talk of pussies and hairy and bald ones!! my god! how is that allowed but periods arent...yes thats right i said it PERIODS hahahaha ;) i think a whole tough love section is definitely needed rather than just one thread, i go away for an hour and theres so much to catch up on...and i hate pussies so would rather not read about them hahaha (dont really hate them, just allergic and bitter about it) c'mon MINI give us more room to spread our tough love :D well play nice,promise :D

I just don't know what we'd put in the recipe section that isn't elsewhere though? Unless Rod had several dozen more fish recipes? ;)

Allergic to pussies eh, Lou? Terrible...

think your all rude with this talk of pussies and hairy and bald ones!! my god! how is that allowed

it's allowed because we're talking about cats Lou

we haven't all got gutter minds, it's your birthday, so we'll let you off, you obviously have other things on your mind but you really must try to not think that way...

it's allowed because we're talking about cats Lou

we haven't all got gutter minds, it's your birthday, so we'll let you off, you obviously have other things on your mind but you really must try to not think that way...

aah i see so anything below the waist isnt allowed to be talked about?? understood officer bass!!!! im now going to rinse my mouth out with soap...

faery_lights said:
I think lying on the internet is a pretty low thing to do actually- I am glad whoever it was got found out. I mean, if you mislead people about basic stuff what else are you misleading them about? And you're also lying to yourself which is the worst kind of lying... either way, I hope it was the wake up call she needed.

I do too (although I secretly wish I could have seen all the posts!) wonder how/the newbie ended up spying on her or what her reaction was!?

You see this is why I'm now thinking we don't need additional sub forums in this thread cause I've just had a massive laugh at all the posts over the last two pages - mostly revolving around Rod's pussy post and the resulting comments and the thought of Lou (HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICK) scraping cheese off the top of her mate's lasanga and hoping this wouldn't offend her! Top stuff peeps. :D

aah i see so anything below the waist isnt allowed to be talked about?? understood officer bass!!!! im now going to rinse my mouth out with soap...

no I didn't say that, you just mis-interpreted what we were talking about

we were talking about cats and you thought we were talking about lady-parts

now you just have to drop the subject, we've moved on, you are obsessed with everyones pussies (not mine, I don't have one - Smileyman has one tho, thats why he's Smiley) and you're allergic anyway!

Cat Lover Sue said:
You see this is why I'm now thinking we don't need additional sub forums in this thread cause I've just had a massive laugh at all the posts over the last two pages - mostly revolving around Rod's pussy post and the resulting comments and the thought of Lou (HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICK) scraping cheese off the top of her mate's lasanga and hoping this wouldn't offend her! Top stuff peeps. :D

Hahaha I think you should change your name to 'pussy lover sue' in light of recent talks :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't think it was actually a newbie just someone with a bit of a vendetta who set up a new account to post anonymously. It did make me laugh a bit but I did feel sorry for the poor deluded woman. She wasn't expecting that! :)

just sounds like tough love to me

you reap what you sow

Hahaha I think you should change your name to 'pussy lover sue' in light of recent talks :D

Seriously Lou stop now! Rod's right - you're obsessed woman! :D

Rod the Bass said:
no I didn't say that, you just mis-interpreted what we were talking about

we were talking about cats and you thought we were talking about lady-parts

now you just have to drop the subject, we've moved on, you are obsessed with everyones pussies (not mine, I don't have one - Smileyman has one tho, thats why he's Smiley) and you're allergic anyway!

HAHAHA stop it now I'm crying with laughter and my mums coming soon, I don't fancy having to explain that the boss of the bassers told me off for talking about bald pussies. :D

Back