TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Some fab losses being reported - both inches and poundage. Well done Bassers.

Rod - its so frustrating when you are hovering on the brink of the next stone down bracket. The 13s were my bogey bracket as they seemed to hang around for ever and then BOOM into and out of the 12s in the blink of an eye! Who knows why cause I didn't do anything different but there you go. Our bodies are weird and wonderful things.

Dead proud of us all. Even those of us who stayed the same or who over indulged a little because of parties etc. None of us are in denial over the fact that it is us and only us who are in control of our own destiny. Team GB - Team Great Bassers! :clap:

Was it worth it? I find them a bit too much of a tease (and in my pre-TL days I would never have been able to resist having more than one!!)

yes and no

but it was better than having a big one and I do have a small treat of some choc most weekends - in the early days I used to eat 1/3 of a chocolate frog fri/sat/sun evening!!

talk about living mean on yourself - one 17p chocolate frog over three days!

i am planning on another drop through this week and out the other side, the irish bass festival starts this friday and I am packing all my nosh, I need to make sure I have backups if the hotel can't play ball with me

Some fab losses being reported - both inches and poundage. Well done Bassers.

Rod - its so frustrating when you are hovering on the brink of the next stone down bracket. The 13s were my bogey bracket as they seemed to hang around for ever and then BOOM into and out of the 12s in the blink of an eye! Who knows why cause I didn't do anything different but there you go. Our bodies are weird and wonderful things.

Dead proud of us all. Even those of us who stayed the same or who over indulged a little because of parties etc. None of us are in denial over the fact that it is us and only us who are in control of our own destiny. Team GB - Team Great Bassers! :clap:

great post Sue

I am actually OK, the 5lb drop last week surprised me (I did try hard but expected 2lb maybe?) so the fact I'm still 16-1 over a weekend - I'm ahead of where I thought I SHOULD be, so it's all positive in my head

but of course I want to capitalise on it and burn down into the 15's, thats a special place for me..not been there since the early 90's I'm sure.....

great post Sue

I am actually OK, the 5lb drop last week surprised me (I did try hard but expected 2lb maybe?) so the fact I'm still 16-1 over a weekend - I'm ahead of where I thought I SHOULD be, so it's all positive in my head

but of course I want to capitalise on it and burn down into the 15's, thats a special place for me..not been there since the early 90's I'm sure.....

Yep know exactly what you mean Rod. I wasn't expecting to lose 3lbs this week being so close to goal now. I'm just happy when the scales go down and I was into the mindset of a likely 1lb per week drop. So over the moon on Saturday and I feel ahead of the game as well. PMA - is that what they say, Positive Mental Attitude? We have it in spades around here! :)

I think that's the biggest change I have noticed over the past 2 weeks or so- okay, we were all in to the Tough Love but I really feel like attitudes have been changed. I think that's why there's less need for the shouting- a lot of us are now self-policing. For example, I really wasn't in the mood for my run today but my choice was come here and fess up and have you lot provide me with lots of good reasons why I should or just get off my bum and do it myself. So I did. :)

Managed to survive the cravings yesterday, mainly because OH physically prevented me from leaving the house! :) he is struggling with the plan himself at the mo, but so keen to keep me on track as he knows how hard I'm working.

A friend invited me over for wine and pizza tonight - oh sorry I'm not drinking at the moment, and I'll be bringing my own dinner as I'm sticking to plan - that's fine she says, it you I wanted to see not the pizza box. Hurray for friends that "get it".

What an awesome friend!

jeez, you guys are phenomenal!

well done all, the self-pressure is absolutely the best - peer pressure is fine, but you need to be in control all by yourself at some point - looks like it's happening

Axl Rose once did heroin for a month straight. Then he had a meeting he wanted to attend and be clear about, so he just quit it.

He just point blank REFUSED to have a habit. If a rock star can do that with all the temptation and freebies flying his way, we have no excuse

A bit of an extreme example, but none of us (I hope) are dealing with anything like that

REFUSE to fall back into bad habits

ARGUE with yourself and your hands every day and win those arguments

Winning arguments with yourself is infinitely preferable to coming in her and losing arguments with the rest of us ;)

great news

sometimes things do happen that are unexpected or astounding

the tearing down of the Berlin wall for example

evolution

the miracle of birth

how about this one then?

Emma is gonna give us a goal date - correction Emma is gonna set HERSELF a goal date

you read it here first....yes, this is chit-chat but HELL, this is IMPORTANT chit-chat :D

wathc out for the updated profile settings any time now....

if any TL regulars are without a goal date, please update, it's the one rule we should have and stick to

and no flimflam of course....

Psst Rod - I don't have a goal date but it will be very soon - thinking the end of the Olympics is symbolic. Will have a look to see when that is.

Rod the Bass said:
great news

sometimes things do happen that are unexpected or astounding

the tearing down of the Berlin wall for example

evolution

the miracle of birth

how about this one then?

Emma is gonna give us a goal date - correction Emma is gonna set HERSELF a goal date

you read it here first....yes, this is chit-chat but HELL, this is IMPORTANT chit-chat :D

wathc out for the updated profile settings any time now....

if any TL regulars are without a goal date, please update, it's the one rule we should have and stick to

and no flimflam of course....

Hahahahahahaha love it i literally was laffin sat in the canteen at work my mum didnt find it amusing lol

Psst Rod - I don't have a goal date but it will be very soon - thinking the end of the Olympics is symbolic. Will have a look to see when that is.

Hmmn 12 August. Didn't realise it was as close as that! LOL. Anyhoo, tis done.

Back