TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Kerrrrching...5 mile run in the bag - 45 mins of total pounding the streets (ok, country lanes). This is the longest I have done so far (since I got on the wagon, that is) and the last mile is usually murder, but this time I felt on top of the world. The difference in my fitness in the last four weeks is really starting to notice. I am going to SLAM that WI tomorrow night!

Now for dindins of baked beans and Slimming World Chips, with a sliver of grated cheese on top.

BonnieBooBear said:
Kerrrrching...5 mile run in the bag - 45 mins of total pounding the streets (ok, country lanes). This is the longest I have done so far (since I got on the wagon, that is) and the last mile is usually murder, but this time I felt on top of the world. The difference in my fitness in the last four weeks is really starting to notice. I am going to SLAM that WI tomorrow night!

Now for dindins of baked beans and Slimming World Chips, with a sliver of grated cheese on top.

Go bonnie go bonnie

I've done 3 hours of walking And 45 minutes cleaning today, prawn stir fry for tea too yummy.

woo, lol, little angry bassettes everywhere

Not sure they should have my name on 'em, maybe you should put plenty of trust in yourselves sisters....

I am pleased you are all tuning in, the NO CHEAT SQUAD is in da house

Sparty, your stats and your ticker are making me go cross eyed, where you at? :confused:

Rod the Bass said:
woo, lol, little angry bassettes everywhere

Not sure they should have my name on 'em, maybe you should put plenty of trust in yourselves sisters....

I am pleased you are all tuning in, the NO CHEAT SQUAD is in da house

Sparty, your stats and your ticker are making me go cross eyed, where you at? :confused:

Sorry chief! Will update tomorrow when I'm at my computer. I've got 4lb to go to target!!

Go bonnie go bonnie

I've done 3 hours of walking And 45 minutes cleaning today, prawn stir fry for tea too yummy.

3 hours...pheweee my calorie monitor says that is over 900 cals! And that is without the cleaning - straight back atcha go louie, go louie!

BonnieBooBear said:
3 hours...pheweee my calorie monitor says that is over 900 cals! And that is without the cleaning - straight back atcha go louie, go louie!

It was slow walking pushing a pram I definitely didn't burn that much!!!! Wish this damn rain would feck off though!! Meant to start couch to 5k but went to visit my niece in hospital instead. Don't feel bad since I did all that walking though ;)

Fab work Lisa :) Love it!

Hmm was gonna bollock knee high but I was too slow. Too busy having a glass or 2 of wine with my saved cals from today instead I'd a snack.... Cos that's how you drink, planned and calculated nit with careless abandon. I still only had 1470 cals today and that included 3 meals and the wine. No deprivation and still feeling confident that I can lose this week. No more wine for me now though til Saturday when it's planned date nigt with the hubby. I'm cooking but want some ideas for Chinese low cal meals but not stir fry. He likes Chinese but I don't ever cook it and am sticking to my diet but want to do something yummy for us both. Any ideas?? I can save 1000 cals for meal and wine so say 500 for a meal? The rest wine and I'm doing mackerel pâté for snack through our film.

You can still bollock me if you like Lou?

Haha the moment passed. Unless you've been bad again???:)

No, I am being dead good this week! I am not drinking at all and went out for a meal tonight but made good choices! I really want my stone award back so I am going to work super hard to get it this week!

Hi guys. I thought I had better check in to give an update on my meal out tonight!! I am so proud of myself. I had the salmon starter (2syns), steak minus the sauce and with pots instead of chips (4syns) and sorbet (4syns)

So all in all i had a 3 course dinner all within plan and didn't give a stuff that everyone else had chips and mountains of bread. :) I was under my daily syns by 4 in total for the day!

Take that slimming world BOOM!!!

Boom! Super super well done!

I love SW. Not because it's a magic cure, but because it's giving me a simple framework to start from, and slowly I'm learning to make the most sensible decisions based on it. Got my full syn directory today, so now I can be more precise with my syn calculations, and look up alternatives as I plan meals.

There's a plan, book or type of eating out there for everyone (including rod's "just common sense eating") type way, the hard bit is finding the one that works for you. Once you've found it, then you just have to study it, learn it inside out, and then use your willpower.

Agreed. Finding the plan that works for you is the first big battle when you start losing weight- for me personally, I love the flexibility of Calorie Counting, particularly considering that it's free and the fact that WW and SW don't exist in Korea.

Awesome work sparty. Good on you! :)

I loved slimming world but I much prefer cc personally. I like the fact everything has a calorie value and I don't have to convert anything to
Points or syns it just is what it is I just have to make sure the amounts are right and away I go. If I want a pizza I can have it but that would be about all I could have all day lol. So I'm eating healthy foods to get the most out of my cals for the day. I'm just sad I didn't try it sooner.

Well done on your meal Sparty!!! Great control.

Weigh in this morning shows that 2 pound I gained at weekend back off WOOO

just an early check in, Kneehigh, I have worked on Emma and she's far from a done deal, but she is soaking up the punishment

you are in the cross-hairs next sister

don't you be thinking you can out-smart mother nature, she has plans for you and your trifle and booze indulgences, it's called "GETTING KNEEHIGH BACK IN THE FAT GIRLS CLUB"

However much you think you are on it, you are never truly on it until you log on every day and stop ignoring the angry bass

You take a good look around and there is inspiration all around, I'm not talking about me, I don't really count

I'm talking about Bonnie, who's resolve had clicked in and is running and hiking her almost skinny ass off alongside planned and precise dietary choices

I'm talking about Sparty with an astounding negociation of a restuarant

I'm talking about Jezzi who has left the binges behind and who is now believing and trusting herself

I'm talking about Sue and GF and Exi and Pommette who use the thread to maintain and encourage and advise. And get steered right with no bull

I'm talking about Lou, who makes a lot more sense than me and will likely cane us all in the long run

Hell, we even got a moderator on the books using the tough love

Two weeks has proven to you all you need to know, which is you need tough love. And it's here, but you wanna cheat

CARRY ON

I am not coming on here and wasting my breath telling people what not to do. You all know what not to do.

The biggest problem to overcome is getting the demon to accept that today, I will not waver. This is hard.

I don't care how hard, it's not as hard as wheezing about the shops with greasy hair, a system clagged with processed junk, dreaming of being one of those people that are lucky to be skinny whilst you scoff a bag of chocolate raisins (the raisins cancel out the chocolate right??)

this ship sails daily whether you embark or not Kneehigh, if you choose to stay at the dock in those clothes, well I can say to the other guys at least I tried eh?

There is no tomorrow sister, only what you do NOW and NEXT

Last edited:
thanks to all who post and inspire me

I thought support was nonsense. It's not

if you take tiny grains of inspiration from everyone here and use them wisely, you cannot fail

Avoided the beer monster lastnight - high five sparty!

Drinking sparkling water wasn't a problem, except that I don't really like sparkling water much! Luckily, the part moved off to go get some nibbles in a bar that I don't like, so I made my excuses and left early. Nights out are a bit of a big hurdle I think, but I'm glad that I just went home instead of falling off the wagon.

I won't be around much today, but weigh-in 3 is tomorrow, so maybe I'll put a sweepstake in the chat thread......

just an early check in, Kneehigh, I have worked on Emma and she's far from a done deal, but she is soaking up the punishment

you are in the cross-hairs next sister

don't you be thinking you can out-smart mother nature, she has plans for you and your trifle and booze indulgences, it's called "GETTING KNEEHIGH BACK IN THE FAT GIRLS CLUB"

However much you think you are on it, you are never truly on it until you log on every day and stop ignoring the angry bass

You take a good look around and there is inspiration all around, I'm not talking about me, I don't really count

I'm talking about Bonnie, who's resolve had clicked in and is running and hiking her almost skinny ass off alongside planned and precise dietary choices

I'm talking about Sparty with an astounding negociation of a restuarant

I'm talking about Jezzi who has left the binges behind and who is now believing and trusting herself

I'm talking about Sue and GF and Exi and Pommette who use the thread to maintain and encourage and advise. And get steered right with no bull

I'm talking about Lou, who makes a lot more sense than me and will likely cane us all in the long run

Hell, we even got a moderator on the books using the tough love

Two weeks has proven to you all you need to know, which is you need tough love. And it's here, but you wanna cheat

CARRY ON

I am not coming on here and wasting my breath telling people what not to do. You all know what not to do.

The biggest problem to overcome is getting the demon to accept that today, I will not waver. This is hard.

I don't care how hard, it's not as hard as wheezing about the shops with greasy hair, a system clagged with processed junk, dreaming of being one of those people that are lucky to be skinny whilst you scoff a bag of chocolate raisins (the raisins cancel out the chocolate right??)

this ship sails daily whether you embark or not Kneehigh, if you choose to stay at the dock in those clothes, well I can say to the other guys at least I tried eh?

There is no tomorrow sister, only what you do NOW and NEXT

Brilliant post Rod...you are a hero. I am on the ship now lets get this ship on a voyage to skinnyland.

(might have got a bit carried away there)

Back