TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Whoooop 58 minute 10k

Sent from my GT-I9001 using MiniMins

Yay! Nice work! Now just imagine if you'd laid off the chocolate! Next week :)

I would love to do kettlebells, but I have a mild problem with me wrists - do you find it puts strain on your wrists Sue?

Cheers Lisajade - I know probably would have lost 2lbs!

My hubbie has a plated wrist (rebuilt after a motorbike accident) and he uses them but he does have to adapt some of the required holds. So it is do-able. Tesco sell a good 5kg which you could have a sneaky play around with in the shop to see what you think before parting with any cash. :)

Cheers Lisajade - I know probably would have lost 2lbs!

My hubbie has a plated wrist (rebuilt after a motorbike accident) and he uses them but he does have to adapt some of the required holds. So it is do-able. Tesco sell a good 5kg which you could have a sneaky play around with in the shop to see what you think before parting with any cash. :)

Cheers for that. I think I would enjoy them. I am gonna look online about adapting moves, and will def give them a swing in the shop :)

Nice one Lisa. There's loads of us swingers in the Kettlebell forum - Secret to Shaping Up thread. Its a mammoth thread but full of excellent advice and encouragment. I don't underestimate the importance of my kettleworx plan and my bells in my weight loss. They have changed my life - and I'm not being a hormonal drama queen saying that - they really have.

Cat Lover Sue said:
Nice one Lisa. There's loads of us swingers in the Kettlebell forum - Secret to Shaping Up thread. Its a mammoth thread but full of excellent advice and encouragment. I don't underestimate the importance of my kettleworx plan and my bells in my weight loss. They have changed my life - and I'm not being a hormonal drama queen saying that - they really have.

That's excellent! How often do you use them? I will hunt down the thread.

PS: I'm a cat lover too :)

That's excellent! How often do you use them? I will hunt down the thread.

PS: I'm a cat lover too :)

All the best folk are :)

The kettleworx plan is based on 3 main sessions per week. One Cardio, one Core and one Resistance. You do week 1 from each type the first week, and then week 2 the second and so on until the 6 week programme is complete (so 18 sessions in total). Each session consists of a warm up and cool down with a 20 minute workout in the middle. Doesn't sound a lot but boy you work for it and the beauty is you increase the weights as you go along when you feel ready so what's manageable one session can be a complete nightmare when you do it again but with an increased weight.

It's very challenging but fits really well into my work/home life which is why for me it has been so successful. I will be completing my 7th round of it by the end of this week and have lost over 85cm so far! I own the basic set and the advanced set so I can mix and match if I want. There are also some shorter sessions you can use either in addition or as a substitute if you don't have enough time.

Other DVD programmes are available, Kettlercise being the main one which is UK based and also available in many gyms. Kettleworx is Canadian. If this sounds interesting then hop over to the kettlebell forum here on minis as there's loads of info. :)

I love cats too. Here are my beautiful girls
(Rod - don't shout at me! We hormonal ladies have to have a little natter about this sort of stuff now and again).

49842-albums3041-picture41224.jpg

Dumped in a bin at 3 weeks old - with their poor mum going frantic to get at them.
Mind you - they are a bit fatter than this now. They go scrounging off all the locals - even when we try to diet them!

Oh Pomette - they are lovely. I'd love to get my hands on scuzzers who mistreat animals. Grrrrrr

Oh Pomette - they are lovely. I'd love to get my hands on scuzzers who mistreat animals. Grrrrrr
Unfortunately it's fairly normal in Spain. There are loads of feral cats and to be honest they are a huge problem.
The locals just try to get rid of any kittens - unfortunately not humanely.

Last edited:
Thank the lord for threads like this.

Ok I can see the point in support on forums. But I've been reading the pregnancy without the pounds forum and am utterly appalled at the junk people are fuelling their bodies and their growing babies with. Chocolate, biscuits, pizza, etc - few (almost no) vegetables in sight. And if calories are under goal they think they are ok. The temptation to jump in and point this out is very high - but it doesn't seem to be an ok thing to do on here.

1100 calories will do porridge with fruit for breakfast, a protein based lunch (prawns, chicken etc plus veggies or salad and a stir fry dinner with calories left over for more fruit and yoghurt as snacks throughout the day. Piles of good food, high in nutrients for your body and no need whatsoever to be hungry.

Hi Gled33 - you'll not find any of that nonsense going on here!
Welcome chica, I'll say it Rod as I think he is out again today!

Rod the Bass said:
Rod's gripe time!

loads of people have come in here on the thread saying "God I need this HELP!!!!" then I've replied and they've gone to Mombasa or somewhere like it, cos they ain't come back in!

can anyone explain this ??

I might be one of the guilty ones here Rod - I posted from Kefalonia few weeks back when I was on holiday and struggling a bit and haven't posted since. Still following the thread though as its really motivational, last thing I need is to hear waffly self justification stuff as that won't keep me on the straight and narrow - plain speaking truth is what does it for me.

I need to get back into doing gym work, as Ive been a lazy-arse since I've got back from holiday

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well, it's SO good to have found this thread. I, too, hate all the namby pamby stuff and will surely be in need of my own backside kicking!
Also, I'm really please to see so many people doing SW.
My biggest downfall is wine. I live in France and I didn't come here to drink tea! hahaha.
What I've found is that a drop in the bottom of a tall glass topped with sparkling water makes me feel like I'm sharing in the apéritif without piling on too many calories.:cool:
I'm following the extra easy plan because I think this shouldn't be thought of as a diet, but as a healthier way to eat that should be sustainable. I want a slow and steady loss and be able to maintain it while eating all that I want to. SW allow you to eat what you want, after all.
Anyway, hello to you all. It's been great reading about you all and so many good results so far! Very inspirational.

Last edited:
I don't need any tough love at the Mo, but just wanted to update that I've completed my half marathon in 1 hr 59 min!!! Buzzing!!!xx

Hi all, looking for some tough love.

Much as the rest of you say, I'm fed up of reading posts where people waffle on with endless excuses as to why they have eaten huge amounts of junk food every day, how they don't eat their superfree or like vegetables, and how they tweak the diet beyond all recognition, and then weep and wail when they don't lose.

My mother was/is a yo-yo dieter, literally as far back into my childhood as I can imagine but is exactly like the above, always "dieting" but always eating crap and it winds me up. I don't want to end up like that.

I have a history of anorexia progressing into bulimia and then finally binge eating, and I have used this as an excuse for too many years - letting myself get hugely overweight because I was scared of becoming anorexic again. But NO, NO MORE. I can't be unhealthily fat just because I'm afraid of being unhealthily thin. THERE IS A MID GROUND AND IM AIMING FOR IT.

I've been reading this thread for a month or so, and very much had it in my head this last week when I've been on an all inclusive summer holiday. NO EXCUSES. Having been on SW a month and lost 3.5lb, why blow it all away on holiday just for the sake of it. So I had at least 1/3 superfree with every meal - easy when there are beautiful salads and fruit everywhere -, ate loads of lovely seafood fish and grilled meats, and ate some stuff that was naughty but only small portions and if it didn't taste as nice in the first bite as I thought it might then left it on the plate. Some alcohol but only in the evenings and only wine. Dessert only if I actually fancied it and not just cos it was there.

And the gain? 1.5lb over the week. Which for an all-inclusive week I was happy with. No excuses, but a measured decision to enjoy myself within reason. And then today, back home, back to ASDA and back on plan 100%.

Now I am going to stick to it, and lose that 1.5lb this week. I have a long way to go to target, but with tough love I think I can do it.... Now if only I had the willpower to use my Wii Fit more than once a week!

well done for coming for some tough love its why i joined this thread too

im fed up of nicey nicey as it doesnt work for me

i needed to stop being a fat lazy potato and get my arse into gear as this lardy bum won't shift itself and slowly im getting there

ive had a few blips along the way and they are my own stupid fault and my will power i have to say is pretty good now

oh and i love veg so i really have no damn excuses with 1/3 sf i just need to stop being a ******** and over filling my plate

I DON'T NEED THAT MUCH FOOD

Awesome Emma you look fantastic hope you enjoyed your birthday
Hey rod its my birthday so hav had a small piece ov fudge cake lol
Oh n i found an app were u can put ur photos side by side so thought i wid share it all with u xx
Comparing me at 15.5 to 12.2

So, I made it through the weekend with no fizzy drinks, only nibbling on some fried chicken and one cocktail (I had enough calories left). Then yesterday morning I got to taken to an American Style Diner for breakfast. Sigh.

+2lbs today. Glad I didn't succumb to excess drinking or eating either. Even after the ridiculous Breakfast, I still ended the day under my calorie limit. Going to up the exercise and reduce the carbs this week. I really need to eat less rice (Difficult in Asia). Either way, thanks for the advice guys. I spoke to my friends about my weightloss too and they were really supportive and understanding and aside from taking me to a restaurant where the healthiest thing to eat was bacon, they were very accomodating.

Thank the lord for threads like this.

Ok I can see the point in support on forums. But I've been reading the pregnancy without the pounds forum and am utterly appalled at the junk people are fuelling their bodies and their growing babies with. Chocolate, biscuits, pizza, etc - few (almost no) vegetables in sight. And if calories are under goal they think they are ok. The temptation to jump in and point this out is very high - but it doesn't seem to be an ok thing to do on here.

1100 calories will do porridge with fruit for breakfast, a protein based lunch (prawns, chicken etc plus veggies or salad and a stir fry dinner with calories left over for more fruit and yoghurt as snacks throughout the day. Piles of good food, high in nutrients for your body and no need whatsoever to be hungry.

great post, welcome to the mayhem

thanks for the rubber stamp, as you can see the tough love thread helps people stay on track and does not validate excuses and slack effort with sympathy

I've STS over the weekend, so looking for another drop by friday

Back