TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I love cats too. Here are my beautiful girls
(Rod - don't shout at me! We hormonal ladies have to have a little natter about this sort of stuff now and again).

49842-albums3041-picture41224.jpg

Dumped in a bin at 3 weeks old - with their poor mum going frantic to get at them.
Mind you - they are a bit fatter than this now. They go scrounging off all the locals - even when we try to diet them!

WELL START A CAT THREAD THEN!

all I see is a basket of protein, you have been warned........

I don't need any tough love at the Mo, but just wanted to update that I've completed my half marathon in 1 hr 59 min!!! Buzzing!!!xx

you probably need a massage not tough love

congratulations! awesome, enjoy the buzz!

Hi all, looking for some tough love.

Much as the rest of you say, I'm fed up of reading posts where people waffle on with endless excuses as to why they have eaten huge amounts of junk food every day, how they don't eat their superfree or like vegetables, and how they tweak the diet beyond all recognition, and then weep and wail when they don't lose.

My mother was/is a yo-yo dieter, literally as far back into my childhood as I can imagine but is exactly like the above, always "dieting" but always eating crap and it winds me up. I don't want to end up like that.

I have a history of anorexia progressing into bulimia and then finally binge eating, and I have used this as an excuse for too many years - letting myself get hugely overweight because I was scared of becoming anorexic again. But NO, NO MORE. I can't be unhealthily fat just because I'm afraid of being unhealthily thin. THERE IS A MID GROUND AND IM AIMING FOR IT.

I've been reading this thread for a month or so, and very much had it in my head this last week when I've been on an all inclusive summer holiday. NO EXCUSES. Having been on SW a month and lost 3.5lb, why blow it all away on holiday just for the sake of it. So I had at least 1/3 superfree with every meal - easy when there are beautiful salads and fruit everywhere -, ate loads of lovely seafood fish and grilled meats, and ate some stuff that was naughty but only small portions and if it didn't taste as nice in the first bite as I thought it might then left it on the plate. Some alcohol but only in the evenings and only wine. Dessert only if I actually fancied it and not just cos it was there.

And the gain? 1.5lb over the week. Which for an all-inclusive week I was happy with. No excuses, but a measured decision to enjoy myself within reason. And then today, back home, back to ASDA and back on plan 100%.

Now I am going to stick to it, and lose that 1.5lb this week. I have a long way to go to target, but with tough love I think I can do it.... Now if only I had the willpower to use my Wii Fit more than once a week!

great post, well done, full of common sense and determination

"a measured decision to enjoy myself within reason"

absolutely!

no-one can stay 100% 100% of the time, but damage planning is vital.

What I object to is people stuffing full of junk then getting validated with sympathy and "start again tomorrow's" - makes my blood boil!!!

you are a very welcome addition to this thread, thank you

faery_lights;5317951I spoke to my friends about my weightloss too and they were really supportive and understanding and aside from taking me to a restaurant where the healthiest thing to eat was bacon said:
are you sure? lol

I don't know much about korea but there must be somewhere better than yankee diners!!

welcome, you know what to do, kick on sister. i say sister, any man with "faery" in his title is rolling the dice coming in here!

Hey rod its my birthday so hav had a small piece ov fudge cake lol
Oh n i found an app were u can put ur photos side by side so thought i wid share it all with u xx
Comparing me at 15.5 to 12.2

happy birthday Emma!

great present to yourself will be into the 11's any time now......

you do love that cake don't you.....

I won't be cross with you on your birthday though....

Oi Rod - lay off the cats unless you want a load of women chasing you Benny Hill stylee - although then again .... :D

Talking of damage limitation, I am away down the road on Thursday to visit the outlaws and I know 3 meals have already been booked. Its once a year so I'm not going to be a party pooper, however, I have already done my homework on two of the restaurants we are going to and I have a couple of choices for each starter and main that will fit in ok with my overall WW plan. However for the Chinese meal I will be going for it as I haven't had a Chinese for over a year and cannot wait. But I will be swapping the Egg fried rice for some stir-fried bean sproats instead which will be just as tasty but a fraction of the points.

Took me a couple of hours to find out what I needed to but it will be a massive help and it means I can still participate without family giving it the "go on, go on, go on" a la Mrs Doyle from Father Ted. Also as I rarely drink I don't need to think about how I tackle that. It's all good.

are you sure? lol

I don't know much about korea but there must be somewhere better than yankee diners!!

welcome, you know what to do, kick on sister. i say sister, any man with "faery" in his title is rolling the dice coming in here!

I promise, I'm a girl, haha.

There's lots of good Korean places too BUT a lot of my friends are American, hence the choice. That and Seoul is the best place for foreign food and you do get a bit of a craving now and then!

Got to keep on pushing myself, yep. Just finished Week 3 of C25K so could be much worse!

And another happy birthday from me too Emma - love that dress!

And so to WI. I lost 0.6 kg (1.32 lbs) which leaves me just 1 kg (2.2 lbs) over target.
Yippeee that means I'm back in range again and not that far off getting back to target! :D
Mind you - I'm not feeling very well today! Been sick over night and got DGs (duff guts) so that might account for a bit of the loss.

WELL START A CAT THREAD THEN!

all I see is a basket of protein, you have been warned........
Actually, starting a cat thread is a great idea.

As to the basket of protein, unless you want to get your hands shreaded I wouldn't like to try killing either of our two.
They are mean with their claws - especially on men! I taught them well :8855:

Oi Rod - lay off the cats unless you want a load of women chasing you Benny Hill stylee - although then again .... :D
Rod would probably enjoy that Sue !!!! :D

I shall look forward to ignoring your new cat thread ladies!

as for being chased by the girls, couple of you could do with the exercise, couple of you would overhaul me, all of you would wonder "what do I do now I've got him" ?? lol

And my 10kg kettlebell is swinging closer to your face Rod every time you post rubbish like that! :D Oopsy did that hurt? lol

I shall look forward to ignoring your new cat thread ladies!

as for being chased by the girls, couple of you could do with the exercise, couple of you would overhaul me, all of you would wonder "what do I do now I've got him" ?? lol
Oi - I can easily envisage what to do with you.
I'll let you know that I'm a dab had with a rolling pin - for use in self defence of course, but I can think of lots of nasty things to do with it as a instrument of torture :8855:

Now now ladies as precious as your kitties are lets not get out of hand

Last edited:
Sorry to interupt the kitten talk .... I have something AMAZING to share.

As you may know, I have been much more motivated on the way down going from 28s and 26s through 24s, 22s, 20s, 18s and now into 16s for trousers and some forgiving 14 tops. It's been great and mattered much more than the other numbers - stones, kilos and lbs.

BUT ....going and getting that century badge this afternoon: WOW!

It seems like a real milestone. I am amazed that I have achieved this.

I have been overweight all my adult life ...and getting fatter by 1/2 a stone or a stone a year, most years. I have done all sorts of regimes and felt powerless to shed the increasing poundage and to keep it off. I knew what I needed to do (inputs, outputs, exercise) and couldn't do it. I tried and failed repeatedly. Really really frustrating as I am so capable in every other aspect of my life.

It seemed insurmountable. And as I got fatter, it seemed more and more difficult.

In fact, when I started the Alizonne prgramme, I didn't think I would suceed. I knew if I did not take action, I would have ended up in a wheelchair, unable to walk and die way too early.

So I decided that Alizonne was safe (a GP supervised vlcd with blood tests etc) and that it had great results - melting fat from the toughest areas. My DH supported me, and I began - just taking it one day at a time. The great thing was that having 100-110 calories of protein 5 times a day plus salads and vegetables, I was never physically hungry. It was so simple that I knew what I needed to do and just took it one day at a time. Sometimes, one hour at a time, sachet by sachet during the day.

Because Alizonne is a vlcd (probably about 800 calories with the salad, vegetables and olive oil), the weight came off very fast. That became a virtuous circle. Each week I shed 1-2kgs, and so was very motvated to continue. Sometimes it wasn't easy but deviating didn't make sense to me. I didn't think of it as 'cheating' but as a deviation. Somehow a tougher word as people (not here on Rod's thread) often say oh ..it's just a little cheat - or it doesn't matter, hon. Like h*ll it matters.

So apart from a couple of days in the past month when I had a small amount of chicken and some extra yogurt, I have been 100% for 6+ months. And those two deviation hurt - I shook myself off and decided to get a grip and get on.

I learned to ask others for what I need and not being self conscious about asking for salad, not eating birthday cake and not drinking alcohol. I didn't feel much different until I'd shed 5 stone. I've exercised more as I've got thinner - though less at the moement as I have a back injury.

And now.....here I am - 2/3 of the weight I started at. I will talk to the Alizonne GP tomorrow about my target weight - and finalise where I will stop, and managing that with my long September holiday.

I realise that this is the easy bit. Right now, I choose some real protein (usually 140g fish or scallops or 120g chicken and occassional red meat) with my vegetables for supper and am still on sachets earlier in the day and a lunchtime salad. Having had 'healthy' eating habits that gradually added weight, I am re-thinking my cooking habits, and working out how I will maintain.

Alizonne will give me a medgem at goal - so I will know the 'budget' of calories I can have to maintain. It will probably be around 1,600 calories as my starting medgem was just over 2,200 calores to maintain my starting weight of more than 21 stone.

I've been reading the maintainence threads here for various regimes including Dukan, the vlcds and other diets. I will work a low carb higher protein paleo real food plan around that number, with 5 meal a day - breakfast, lunch, supper and two snacks mid morning and mid afternoon. I will weigh daily, and stay within a few lbs of my maintainence weight. I will track food on MyFitnessPal - where other Alizonners go when they get to maintenance - probably being higher fat and lower carb than standard uk diet. I will develop a new normality for my life. I like the Dukan approach that has a longer period of establishing that new normality the longer you have been fat. Alizonners go back monthly for a year after they get to goal. They re-do the medgem at the one year anniversary to check the resting metabolic rate. I think two years is a better period for me - as it is so easy to slip back.

I am emotional this afternoon and happy with myself. I have been quietly satisfied - but that's ramped up some now. I look forward to reviewing my target with the GP tomorrow so I can finalise how much more I will loose.

Thank you for listening, Bassers.

Hi AliGal - what a fantastic achievement. Well done - it's no wonder you're delighted. I think your post is excellent reading for anyone thinking of embarking on a VLCD as it shows what results can be achieved but balanced with the cost of doing so. There was one person who posted on here a couple of months ago on day one of their VLCD and was already fantasising about sausage rolls and toasties. It ain't going to happen is it!

I also think you are doing the right thing by already formulating a plan and support for the maintenance phase. The monthly visits sound like a really good idea. Good luck for tomorrow at your GPs. I bet they'll be a few jaws dropping at the reception desk when you walk in :D. In the meantime, bask in your success and stay focused! Proper impressed with you chick. x

Live this thread.

Can I join for a kick up the bum please? I've been really focused for over a month and gave myself a stern talking to and it worked I lost 6 pound, I sts last week despite not doing anything worse and it deflated me, I know that a sts happens now and again and it's not the end if the world but for some reason it just got me into a bad mindset. I just want to eat, well I don't, I want my motivation back. I've lost almost 3 stone and have just over 1.5 stone to target do need to get a grip. I'm waiting for an ass kicking now :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to interupt the kitten talk .... I have something AMAZING to share.

As you may know, I have been much more motivated on the way down going from 28s and 26s through 24s, 22s, 20s, 18s and now into 16s for trousers and some forgiving 14 tops. It's been great and mattered much more than the other numbers - stones, kilos and lbs.

BUT ....going and getting that century badge this afternoon: WOW!

It seems like a real milestone. I am amazed that I have achieved this.
AliGal

FAN :happy096: TAS :wow: TIC :talk017:
Don't be amazed that you've achieved your century badge BE PROUD.
Thanks for a great post - and being so realistic about the maintenance aspect in the future.
I've "met" several people on here who have done VLCDs and not been able to maintain after they get to target and just put it all back on.
Good luck for the future chica.

Live this thread.

Can I join for a kick up the bum please? I've been really focused for over a month and gave myself a stern talking to and it worked I lost 6 pound, I sts last week despite not doing anything worse and it deflated me, I know that a sts happens now and again and it's not the end if the world but for some reason it just got me into a bad mindset. I just want to eat, well I don't, I want my motivation back. I've lost almost 3 stone and have just over 1.5 stone to target do need to get a grip. I'm waiting for an ass kicking now :)
You don't know what you are letting yourself in for Lou! None of the namby pamby stuff on the Tortoise thread.
You'll get some serious amounts of this :whoopass::asskick: on here :8855:

Back