TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Milk Ingredients, Cocoa Mass, Lactose, Soy Lecithin, Polyglycerol Polyricinoleate, Artificial Flavour), Enriched Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Hydrolyzed Palm and Palm Kernel Oil, Corn Syrup, Milk Ingredients, Dextrose, Salt, Cocoa Mass, Sodium Bicarbonate, Soy Lecithin, Soybean Oil, Artificial Flavour.
Thats the "ingredients" of a twix bar - I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!! it should be called hormone imbalancing fat bar not Twix

I am having a MASSIVE twix craving and I will NOT cave in!

I need some stern words to help.......[/QUOTE]

Thank you bassers - twix avoided (yuk!!)

I instead walked to the shops and bought an alpen light that I can have as a hexb for today.

Hurrah for this forum :)

Rod the Bass said:
The truth is hard to swallow when you're choking on your pride...

Very philosophical - and alas its true!

I had an awful weekend and am thoroughly annoyed with my lack of staying power. I could blame the fact that I went to ascot but i won't because the blame is only mine! Stupid fool that I am!

Kick my butt all you need to but I am determined to make up for the extra syns that I have still recorded despite my shame and come back next week to report a loss at WI!

jezzi999 said:
These bits alone actually sound horrible (and I work in pharmacy so largely desensitised to chemical sounding names)

Yeah I'm not sure I want to eat hydrolyzed anything let alone for a quick sugar fix!

That's cause they are horrible! Theyre all kinds of mutations of what may or may not once have been a food. If something can last on a shelf for 2 years its not a food its a packaged chemical
These bits alone actually sound horrible (and I work in pharmacy so largely desensitised to chemical sounding names)

SOMEONE HELP!!!

I need some stern words to help.......

Why on earth have you got one? You know you can't have it so why did you buy it? Your life will be so much easier of you only buy what you CAN have ;)

Patchninja said:
Why on earth have you got one? You know you can't have it so why did you buy it? Your life will be so much easier of you only buy what you CAN have ;)

I didn't buy one patch :) unfortunately the canteen in the department of health (ironic) has a very full vending machine full of choc available at any time of day. Happy to say I resisted the temptation :)

Well that's me back from a brisk 4 mile walk so I missed Twix-gate :D. Glad to see it all came to nothing in the end.

Chuckle Jezz thats so funny!!!! Talk about missing the point by a country mile!
Just read another "oh well it was weigh in day and I lost 1lb so treated myself with a pizza, some ice cream and a cake" post. "It was weigh in day so it doesn't count and I didn't count the syns."

Because of course syns/cals/carbs/points know what day of the week it is.

Gah, posts like that make my eyes want to explode.

SOMEONE HELP!!!

I need some stern words to help.......

right well if on slimming world and you can have it within your syn allowance then i dont see a problem (maybe just a 1 finger twix or a treatsize one)

but if it will put you on that slippery slope to eating more crap dont bother its only a blooming twix

but if you have few syns left and that will take you over then no dont do it

as i say to my self its only gonna put more lard on my ass

DO YOU WANT MORE LARD ON YOUR ASS

Brilliant discussion today everyone :) I've just got back from Race for Life and completed 5km in less than 28mins. I was sprinting so hard at the end that I didn't notice the clock above the finish line!! 7 months ago I couldn't run 50 metres, now I'm considering a marathon :bolt:

Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Milk Ingredients, Cocoa Mass, Lactose, Soy Lecithin, Polyglycerol Polyricinoleate, Artificial Flavour), Enriched Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Hydrolyzed Palm and Palm Kernel Oil, Corn Syrup, Milk Ingredients, Dextrose, Salt, Cocoa Mass, Sodium Bicarbonate, Soy Lecithin, Soybean Oil, Artificial Flavour.
Thats the "ingredients" of a twix bar - I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!! it should be called hormone imbalancing fat bar not Twix.......
[/QUOTE]

That is soooooo disgusting - to say nowt abt rainforests pulled down to plant palm oil plantations. I've just become virulently anti-twix. Thank you, Exiguous.

And what a great strategy - read the ingredients. If they aren't things you'd have in your kitchen, don't eat it!

I love this thread! Nice to find somewhere people talk the truth (though im not against softly softly from time to time) but this is the kind of place i need to kick me into check.
As far as 'snacks' go, i use this website if i feel like a naughty, just to remind me of why we shouldnt have something. SnackCheck | Nutritional Information Of All Your Favourite Snacks. You can pretty much look up any choccy bar on here, see the negative nutritional value and the list of ingredients.

i didnt swear then!!! it said sw anky lol

if we try hard theres a cuss in there somewhere :patback:

good reply to my post, you dead set mean it don't you? :clap:

best thing is not listening to others say "no size 8 for you" etc

you know what you want, just go for it

sod the tortoises, you are a jungle creature now sister,,,,,

ah, nice to see you back Shortround, glad you climbed safely out of the custard, and what a result! 5lbs!!!

in all truth you were possibly at a plateau, another day and you would have shown a loss instead of the STS I expect. But the encouraging thing is that you buckled down and showed yourself (and your conscience) who is the boss

5lbs is a stunning drop and I am made up for you

keep up the good work sister and keep on checking in, maybe your days of being my most troublesome of posters are numbered???

I didnt know I was one of your most troublesome posters!!! haha, such a wildchild!

Anyway I have truly abandoned all thoughts of trifle now and am on a proper fruit kick! Cannot wait to get into the 13s now so I am really going for it!!!

Morning Rod

I love your thread - one, if not the only one, where excuses and whinges are not tolerated

Just read another "oh well it was weigh in day and I lost 1lb so treated myself with a pizza, some ice cream and a cake" post. "It was weigh in day so it doesn't count and I didn't count the syns."

Because of course syns/cals/carbs/points know what day of the week it is.

Gah, posts like that make my eyes want to explode.
As Jezzi says - I hate this sort of attitude.
Why ruin the start of the week and put on the weight you've just lost only to spend the rest of the week trying to lose it again! Arrrgh
Get real peeps! If you want to lose weight, kick out the junk food and take to the kitchen and cook something healthy. Real food - not stuff full of additives. If you want to "treat" yourself have a blumin' great big glass of water with NAS squash in and give your self a huge pat on the back.
Save the bottle of champagne for a BIG treat WHEN you get to target!

But - you said to Lou . . .
Rod the Bass said:
I fear for you in the tortoise thread, i have no idea what it is like, but it sounds like bullsh!t central from the comments I've seen here.
One of the things I was taught was "don't judge a book by it's cover".
The Tortoise thread is populated by a fair few ladies with health issues that are trying really hard to lose weight but because of their problems are struggling big time to lose.
Yes some talk a load of bull but are usually advised as such.
Some people yo-yo because they just can't stick to any diet - and lots have tried quite a few.
Some are there to lose their weight for the THIRD time because they just went back to eating unhealthily after they got to target.
Many disappear as fast as they arrived when they realise they don't get much sympathy for cheating!

But in generally for those that are genuinely struggling we support and encourage each other not to get too depressed when there has been an unexpected gain. And sometimes these really are for no reason as they have stuck to plan, done lots of exercise and avoided the alcohol.
The medication that some people are on - often big big doses of things like steroids to stop transplant rejection - really do hinder their weight loss.
So long as people are telling the truth about what they've eaten there will be lots of positive suggestions of how to pick themselves up and get a loss.

Yes hugs are often doled out but there is a lot of realism doled out too - but not in quite such a blunt manner as here.

I've been reading this thread whilst eating my carrot stick snacks and feel all motivated and like I want to yell at someone with the ferocity of my motivation. Going to do some training on my elliptical when I finish at work today and then out to dinner. It's a mexican place but I've already established what I can eat.

I wrote this as my facebook status the other day and thought it might be appreciated. 'Determination is the key. Anything is possible if you want it badly enough and are willing to put in the effort to succeed.' Have a great day everyone!

Back