TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Lol rod. I AM determined. A wise lady once said ALL the battle with weight loss is in your head. And it's right. I love my tortoises we talk about alsorts not just weight and some of the women on there have really helped me. I've had a telling off from time to time too don't be fooled lol. And I've done some straight talking when ppl are lying to themselves. So there is a place for both. Plus you don't really want me to start moaning about my haywire hormones and absent messed up periods on here do you mister?? Lol

Trip out today I already made my packed lunch, a massive salad :) I have already put it into MFP and am just going to plan the rest of my meals as I make my coffee. I will be back if I am naughty for an arse whooping

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't buy one patch :) unfortunately the canteen in the department of health (ironic) has a very full vending machine full of choc available at any time of day. Happy to say I resisted the temptation :)

Well, brilliant job for resisting.

thanks for the straight steer on the tortoise's Pom/Con - I'm def not going in there, sounds hormonally horrific!

I do realise that everyone needs different ways to go at things and the methods will be quite alien to me

different strokes for diferent folks - I'll stay here and look after the punchy people!

Rod the Bass said:
thanks for the straight steer on the tortoise's Pom/Con - I'm def not going in there, sounds hormonally horrific!

I do realise that everyone needs different ways to go at things and the methods will be quite alien to me

different strokes for diferent folks - I'll stay here and look after the punchy people!

We'd eat u alive over there anyway ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Plus its got an awesome drinks policy :)
Morning Rod

I love your thread - one, if not the only one, where excuses and whinges are not tolerated

As Jezzi says - I hate this sort of attitude.
Why ruin the start of the week and put on the weight you've just lost only to spend the rest of the week trying to lose it again! Arrrgh
Get real peeps! If you want to lose weight, kick out the junk food and take to the kitchen and cook something healthy. Real food - not stuff full of additives. If you want to "treat" yourself have a blumin' great big glass of water with NAS squash in and give your self a huge pat on the back.
Save the bottle of champagne for a BIG treat WHEN you get to target!

But - you said to Lou . . .

One of the things I was taught was "don't judge a book by it's cover".
The Tortoise thread is populated by a fair few ladies with health issues that are trying really hard to lose weight but because of their problems are struggling big time to lose.
Yes some talk a load of bull but are usually advised as such.
Some people yo-yo because they just can't stick to any diet - and lots have tried quite a few.
Some are there to lose their weight for the THIRD time because they just went back to eating unhealthily after they got to target.
Many disappear as fast as they arrived when they realise they don't get much sympathy for cheating!

But in generally for those that are genuinely struggling we support and encourage each other not to get too depressed when there has been an unexpected gain. And sometimes these really are for no reason as they have stuck to plan, done lots of exercise and avoided the alcohol.
The medication that some people are on - often big big doses of things like steroids to stop transplant rejection - really do hinder their weight loss.
So long as people are telling the truth about what they've eaten there will be lots of positive suggestions of how to pick themselves up and get a loss.

Yes hugs are often doled out but there is a lot of realism doled out too - but not in quite such a blunt manner as here.

Where do you fish?

I fish mostly in south devon, but i also hunt around the upper Bristol channel

this year I have competitions in Cornwall (end of next week) Ireland, Jersey and I'm also representing the UK against France in Brittany at the end of sept

sorry I missed this post a few days ago, this thread is getting hit bandy lol!!!

YAY where in Ireland is your competition?

this year I have competitions in Cornwall (end of next week) Ireland, Jersey and I'm also representing the UK against France in Brittany at the end of sept

sorry I missed this post a few days ago, this thread is getting hit bandy lol!!!

YAY where in Ireland is your competition?

Its on the copper coast between Tramore and Dungarven

I will be staying in the Grand Hotel in Tramore from 21st - 24th July with 11 of my angling budddies and about 100 bass anglers from all around the UK and Ireland.

how much of the hotel I will see is debatable as we rarely sleep and fish a LOT at dusk/night and dawn.

Awesome I'm sure you'll have a ball - Waterfords kinda bandit country but I'm sure you won't mind the natives! Great spot for surfing too if you decide to catch a bit of extra exercise as well as fish haha
I'll send them a warning to watch out for ye're arrival!
Its on the copper coast between Tramore and Dungarven

I will be staying in the Grand Hotel in Tramore from 21st - 24th July with 11 of my angling budddies and about 100 bass anglers from all around the UK and Ireland.

how much of the hotel I will see is debatable as we rarely sleep and fish a LOT at dusk/night and dawn.

Where in Brittany will you be I might have to come and find you!

Awesome I'm sure you'll have a ball - Waterfords kinda bandit country but I'm sure you won't mind the natives! Great spot for surfing too if you decide to catch a bit of extra exercise as well as fish haha
I'll send them a warning to watch out for ye're arrival!

thats good - cos in the fishing world my nick name is...

bandit-1.jpg

21np8n5.png

Where in Brittany will you be I might have to come and find you!

Hi about 25 of us are heading to Plouganous (spelling??) which is 30 mins from Roscoff - we're out there on 28th Sept overnight from Plymouth on 27th

hell you lot are everywhere, no cheating for me, lol!!!!

Cool! It's Plougasnou ;) I live about an hour east on the coast - Binic. How long will you be here for?

Cool! It's Plougasnou ;) I live about an hour east on the coast - Binic. How long will you be here for?

I arrive 8am on the ferry with Nick, Carl and Steve on the friday morning and depart 1630 back to Plymouth on the sunday

Simon is the UK captain/team boss and lives 90mins down the coast somewhere....

come down and watch if you like, we're gonna hand it out UK style and you can see the locals crying into their moules frites! lol

We have fishing competitions against other countries???! Who knew!! :D

Well - having had a choccky fingers gate last week we were out to dinner with friends last night to say goodbye as they are returning to the UK for a couple of months.
I was absolutely determined to stick to plan and be sensible with my food.
And I achieved it. Salad for starter with no dressing, followed by steak, baked spud and griddled veg.
I did allow myself 1 slice of garlic bread and 1 glass of wine - all within my syns for the day.
And the big bonus . . . I did my normal scale hop today and they have gone down since Monday. RESULT.

Mind you - tonight might not be quite so good :cry:
We are going to our local bar to watch the Spain / Portugal match, and I will chose as wisely as I can on the food front. Not alwasy easy in Spanish bars.
But it should be fun . . . the Battle of the Iberian Penisula . . .
And LOUD. . . the Spanish take their football seriously and get VERY involved.

So I shall be back tomorrow to confess my syns and probably to accept a bum thrashing!

Right!

I cannot believe for one minute that you are all being good today, it's too quiet in here and I need some practice!

Don't make me escape into the tortoise compound!!

Is my work done? Is it all sinking in??

Rod the Bass said:
Right!

I cannot believe for one minute that you are all being good today, it's too quiet in here and I need some practice!

Don't make me escape into the tortoise compound!!

Is my work done? Is it all sinking in??

3 1/2 syns for me so far today and a syn free stir fry planned for dinner - so there!!! :eek:p

Back